The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

Kratom in Australia????

Hey guys just wondering if Kratom is possibly legal in certain states? Or if it has been taken off the banned substance list? As I buy herbal incense online from a place over in QLD.. They have just recently been raided and now have to send incense from Sydney.. What I have noticed though.. is they are now selling Kratom 15X 3g packs, or Kratom pills. Is this something I should mention to the owner about selling these products legally.. or is it true.. has Mitragyna Speciosa actually been removed from the banned substance list? Maybe in certain states?

I have been waiting for sooo many years to try Kratom.. I thought I'd have to travel to Thailand to be able to try the real deal. If this is the case, that M. Speciosa is no longer banned, then I will be stocking up on some this week most definitely!

If anyone can provide some clarification on this, then I'd feel alot more at ease to know that what I'm ordering is legal..

Cheers guys! :lol:

LikeAshes

Edit** I just found this on the Poisons Standards list, under Schedule 9 -

MITRAGYNA SPECIOSA.

MITRAGYNINE

Hmm.. The fact that he has just been raided has me curious.. because it's like the cops already know about it? This bloke has all his products placed through an 8wk AQIS inspection process, so they have approved it? Wow.. this is a subject that really needs some clarifying for sure!

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

nothing to clarify. Kratom in all forms is illegal in all states.

Quarantine treatment processes have nothing to do with drug law, so it makes no difference how long it is treated. AQIS approval has no bearing on legality, it's just about quarantine risks.

Sounds like this guy should not be in that business as he obviously has no idea.

• Like 1

Thanks dude, yeah it is a bit of a worry to be honest. As he's always been a nice bloke, very reliable and always had some very potent, legal incense. I don't want to go screaming at him via email that he has an illegal product. I think that maybe I will mention that I was under the assumption Kratom was illegal and give him the link to the Poison Standards list. Your right though.. I think he's just gone on the fact that wherever he's ordering his incense from, because they're claiming it's legal (the incense) worldwide, that whatever else they're selling must be legal over here?

Thanks Torsten, there wasn't much to clarify but atleast you would know if any amendments have changed the law at all. I'm not quite as upto scratch on all the little things.

Yes I think you should let him know. I imagine he is unaware of the illegality, as surely he wouldn't be so foolish to sell it if he knew the legal status. It might not be as common as cannabis but could get him into just as much strife.

If you like the guy then you should definitely let him know. You can copy and paste my advice, or point him to the kratom webpage in our shop. It's old, but still valid. You can also point him to one of the many threads that explain the difference between AQIS, customs and federal and state drug law.

I will certainly show him all of those! It's only saving his ass from being sent to court and possibly jail. I have sent him an email already regarding the legal status of them and that I was just looking out for him. I can't believe the wholesaler never said anything.. :scratchhead:

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Man I think its crazy that Kratom has been band. I tried once here when it was legal then moved overseas where I took it quite often for pain only to come back home and realised they had banned it. Works so well as a natural painkiller and relaxant people are taking instead of codeine, oxy etc and living a better life. Shame!!!

Edited by Mickodog

Does the above advice from Torsten still stand?