The Corroboree
Himdumb

Dragibus! Help fund a new entheogenic print magazine.

Hello all,

For those not aware yet, I am attempting to start a quarterly print publication on the botany, cultivation, history, and usage of medicinal and entheogenic plants. I am crowd-funding the operation through Kickstarter and need some help doing it. If you arent familiar with kickstarter it is a website where you submit projects that you need funding for. People pledge different amounts to try and help you meet your goal. No one pays anything unless the funding goal is met ($5k in my case) and it wont be charged until the end of my project (Feb 16th). Those pledging to the project will receive rewards, like copies of the magazine, a 'thank you' in the magazine, ad space, ...

Dragibus is to be a quarterly print publication on the botany, cultivation, history, and usage of medicinal and entheogenic plants. Our publication will be a glossy, full color, full size magazine. We intend to have at least 28 pages and print at least 1000 copies. The money raised will go towards funding the cost of production, printing, and shipping of the first issue. Any extra money raised by our project will go towards printing more pages in the issue and more copies of the magazine.

In the first few issues of our magazine we intend to have articles on Banisteriopsis species cultivation and identification, a study of Acacia confusa, herbal brewing recipes, plant history pieces, interviews, and more.

For more info check out: http://www.kickstart.../crudd/dragibus

I have already hit up a few people to contribute articles, but if anyone else has anything they would like to contribute or possible article ideas, feel free to post here or pm. I would love an article and(/or) photos of EGA, if anyone who went would be interested in contributing.

Also, any other ideas, critiques, suggestions, ... are greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone and I hope we can make this happen,

himdumb

• Like 2

awesome idea. it would be nice to have a PRETTY ethnobotany mag again. Count me in for some funding. Would also love to contribute, but not sure if time will permit just now.

i agree torsten, i will pledge what i can when i can.

i laughed when i first read the thread title, thought it was someone looking for dragibus for again for a second lol.

good luck, i look forward to reading

Pledge made.

Edited by Alice

Based on what Alice mentioned above, is this the guy that used to have an ethno & native plant stall at the Addison Rd (Marrickville) markets about 10 years ago? Seem to recall speaking to him often about bushfoods as well, and also moved overseas (from memory). If so, I'll be happy to pledge in Feb 2012.

Thanks everyone for your support and input!

But i must say there is some confusion about 'me'. I am not the old timer that Alice (and now Psylo) think that i am. I have been active in the various forums over the past 15 years under a couple different names and incarnations. I have traded with a few of you but never had a shop/stall in Australia. I hope this doesnt scare anyone off...

I am out of town for the holidays right now but will have some updates to post when i get back to base camp. I just wanted to clear this up before people started pledging money thinking I am someone else.

If anyone has any other questions or concerns feel free to pm or post here.

Sorry again for the confusion and I still hope we can make this happen.

Thanks,

himdumb

Woops, sorry mate. Don't know how I fucked that up lol :unsure:

Anyway, pledge remains, good luck with it dude :)

Trying to make a pledge but the website freezes on the second stage of pledge.

Will try again tomorrow.

Sounds good. A pity there are not more pledges though. I'll see how much I can spare in the next few days and will try to promote the project as well.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the support and positive feed back that we have received. We have about 3 weeks left to make our funding goal and have made a recent update with more information about some of the articles we have planned for the first issue. You can see the whole update at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crudd/dragibus/posts but heres the important parts:

For the first issue, we will feature an article on brewing herbal beers. It will be a primer on herbal beers as well as a recipe for a kratom brew. We also intend to have articles on using psilocybin mushrooms in the treatment of cluster headaches, information and photographs of different Banisteriopsis species, the sustainable harvest of root bark from Acacia and related species, as well as a contribution from K. Trout.

We still have a long way to go to make our funding goal and any help spreading the word about the project is greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone is interested in contributing anything we have some submission guidelines up at: http://www.dragibusmag.com/?a=submission

Thanks,

himdumb

Hello everyone,

We are at 25% of our funding goal, and have 2 weeks left. We have added a few more rewards and article details to the kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crudd/dragibus).

We have also made a sample of the digital version of the magazine, to give a idea of what the magazine will look like. The article titles and images used will most likely not be the final one used in the first issue and are just there to give an idea of the layout.

You can check it out on our webpage at: http://dragibusmag.com

Thanks to all our supporters and I hope we can make this happen,

himdumb

Hello All,

Unfortunately, we did not meet our funding goal in time. I think if we had a few more weeks we could have made it. We have received a lot of positive feedback and interest in the magazine. So, we are going to find other means of funding the magazine.

I will post back in a few days with more details.

Thanks to all are supporters and everyone who helped spread the word!

himdumb

what a shame more people dídn't support this project. i was looking forward to having a read. hope its still available soon.

Hello Everyone,

We are going forward with the magazine and the first issue will be available June 1st, 2012. We have opened up pre-order on the website for the first issue (and year subscription).

You can pre-order you copy or stay up to date with the project on our website at: http://dragibusmag.com

Thanks again to everyone for their support. I would not have followed through with the magazine if it hadnt been for the support and interest that we have received from everyone.

himdumb

Dragibus Magazine

• Like 2

We are going forward with the magazine and the first issue will be available June 1st, 2012.

i hope you noticed this is the tenth anniversary of salvia divinorum being banned in australia (first place in the world i believe). it's also my birthday :wave-finger:

Hello All,

The first issue of Dragibus is out now! Available from the SAB Shop at: http://www.shaman-au...1_1_pr_1286.php

Or worldwide at: http://dragibusmag.com

dragibus_v1i1_cover.jpg

Dragibus is a quarterly publication with a focus on the botany, cultivation, history, and usage of medicinal and entheogenic plants. In this, and future issues, we will explore the healing and medicinal properties of plants, as well as delve into the lore and mysticism surrounding them.

Glad to see you succeeded. Ordering one now.

I don't think I've ever bought something so quickly before.

Can't wait :)

How many pages Himdumb?

Available as a pfd download? (I find I'm buying most books this way recently)

Hey Alice,

The first issue ended up being 24 pages. You can check out a review of it at: http://worldseedsupply.org/blog/

We are looking into digital versions, but havent settled on anything yet. I will let you know once we get it sorted out.

I am gathering the content for second issue now, and im hoping to double the page count. It should be out around mid-September. Anyone interested in contributing cant contact me here or through the website.

Thanks everyone for the support and interest,

himdumb

Edited by Himdumb

received mine today :)

For seven dollars it is an absolute bargain and very well put together.

Get on it !

Many thanks to those that contributed

Edited by tipz

Yeah, good effort, love my copy, buy up guys, support a great project.