The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bujinkan321

wanting to buy or swap

i am looking for a pituri plant (Duboisia hopwoodii) and any other hard to get plants and would love s.american plants mainly the one you can get in a tea if you know what i mean please contact me

hi buj,

I can highly recommend Mate ((llex paraguariensis) also known as chimarrao or cimarron, it's a fabulous tea.

Cheers

• Like 1

Bujinkan,

Stevia (S. rebaudiana) is a good Sth American plant to use in teas. Its often used to sweeten Mate. One of my favourite herbs.

:)

hello thank you for your post's and taking the time to post both sound very intersting i would love to do a mate plant i'm tring to get my tropical collection up thanks again

Bujinkan,

Stevia (S. rebaudiana) is a good Sth American plant to use in teas. Its often used to sweeten Mate. One of my favourite herbs.

:)

Yeah stevia is pretty cool, i often chew on half a leaf or so when i walk by it in the garden, so sweet, i still haven't used it in a tea or anything yet though i really should look into that.

On another note. I have a small psychotria alba cutting if you are interested ? If you look in the shaman-australis store i am pretty sure they have Ilex Paraguariensis i got mine from a trip to to the nursery.

Edited by DarkSpark

I had a Mate plant from SAB once but it died when I went away and the weather got very hot. For those growing it though, I'm wondering how you guys will cure and roast the leaves for tea? The Adelaide Botanic Gardens used to have a beautiful big Mate tree there but I couldn't find any leaf roasting techniques from the internet. I also am a big Mate tea fan, was even drinking it at work in an office for a while days in a row, lol.