The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
opiumfreak

hare krsna

Please reply to my pm's opiumfreak!

well Im of to live with the hare krsna for the rest of my life see ya! :wink:

Haribol

• Like 1

i've seriously been considering doing the same.

it would be nice to just withdraw from the world.

And i guess it beats suicide.

Good luck w/that & if you are able please let me/us know how that goes for you.

best wishes.

• Like 2

Seeking refuge, seems like a good thing, although with the Hare Krishna's there are some aspects that are hard to swallow.

I've heard Hare Krishna people try to convince me with some weak or unfounded or even flawed reasoning or simply talk bull. Still I have great respect for the Krishna's, but they are too stuck in their old school no school ways.

Finding yourself and being at peace with yourself can only happen if you dont insult your own intelligence. Therefore Buddhism is much closer to my heart. But also traditional buddhism has many things that I dont like about it.

Both paths can lead to liberation.

• Like 1

The Australian ISKCON movement these days is quite dull, but it's getting an injection of new life from recent Indian immigrants. That said, some of the nicest people I've ever met were devotees and a good kirtan session, with enough people, sweat and joy is an awesome thing.

Despite what some of the hard-core black-and-white devotees seem to insist (it's usually the newcomers that are the most rabid), it's certainly a movement one can dabble in, going only as far as they feel comfortable, and accepting only the aspects that they feel good about. At heart, it's all about chanting and dancing, and that's pretty sweet stuff, in my book.

But I'm with woof; in time I've found that a personally tailored syncretic practice with entheogens as a back bone, gives the happiest course to explore.

Have fun!

• Like 1

The Australian ISKCON movement these days is quite dull, but it's getting an injection of new life from recent Indian immigrants. That said, some of the nicest people I've ever met were devotees and a good kirtan session, with enough people, sweat and joy is an awesome thing.

Despite what some of the hard-core black-and-white devotees seem to insist (it's usually the newcomers that are the most rabid), it's certainly a movement one can dabble in, going only as far as they feel comfortable, and accepting only the aspects that they feel good about. At heart, it's all about chanting and dancing, and that's pretty sweet stuff, in my book.

But I'm with woof; in time I've found that a personally tailored syncretic practice with entheogens as a back bone, gives the happiest course to explore.

Have fun!

what entheogens? there are as you probably already know in some places very interesting links between entheogens and spirituality

, especially in Buddhism, not to mention the shamanic religions but I think meditation is a more powerful tool all the fun stuff are illegal anyway

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that looks so very cool toby.

Advaita anyone? Definitely the "psychedelic" philosophical movement, beats Zen buddhism for sure.

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.