The Corroboree
J Smith

Where have you seen a cactus lately?

The movie 'Kalifornia'. I think the first one was a trich but otherwise mostly cereus and opuntia.

I can't be the only one to notice cactus in movies, ads, film clips etc? List your sightings here.

• Like 1

The movie 'Bubblegum' which i highly reccomend even if only for the ayahuasca like visuals in the main characters journey within..The shaman is played by the same actor who plays Jake the Muss in 'Once Were Warriors' . Also'Young Guns' must have been the first movie I had ever heard mention the use of Peyote .Although at the time i had no idea that was a cactus lol.

Anyone else find themselves hit the rewind button and then pause at anything slightly resembling a cactus? Obsession what obsession? lol

Just seconds ago in a doco about 2012 when they interviewed some old toothless shaman who said the world wont explode this month. Cactus saved it for me. Looked like a huge oreocereus, but a rare one. Nice!

I'm surrounded by cacti on this island,.... better question for me would be,... when didn't I see a cactus lately?!

• Like 2

About a year ago I noticed a small opuntia growing as an epiphyte on a huge camphor laurel tree up the street from me, it actually looked pretty cool. over the weeks and months I would always take a glance anytime I drove past and wonder what might become of this little battler.

Yesterday though, the dream all came to an end when I saw someone had ripped it off the tree and thrown it onto the cement traffic island to die.

I'm tempted to put it back up for fun now.

I remember seeing a potted T. pach a year or so ago in the background on some Jamie Oliver cooking show..good chance it was his own kitchen by memory. Not recent but still good.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

The US Version of Wilfred has an episode of two with a really nice T. pachanoi patch in the background along one of the driveways.

• Like 1

in my limitedhumble experience

starvation ...................makes everylittle creature flower

and in "friday night lights" abc2 last nite iview

about 1/2 way thru

cac in the background with christmassylights hangn off ovit

In the Young Ones episode, Boring.

Spotted this one today, heading right through the middle of town.

post-8867-0-04736900-1325670769_thumb.jp

SeWef.JPG

SeWef.JPG

• Like 1

in a Ren and Stimpy cartoon ,Stimpy is wearing a cactus on his head lol

• Like 1

haha its not just me then :P

seen trichos on....

two and a half men

seinfeld

some add on tv with a guy running down the street with cog playing in the background, massive tricho mother he runs past

On my local verge-side rubbish pick-up a few weeks back. 2 nice lengths of pach looking neglected and unloved. Needless to say they have a nice new home and are looking happy. One mans thrash is another mans treasure.

Riding Giants, its a big wave surfing movie, 13 mins in they start interviewing this old pioneering surfer who has a pachanoi behind him with about 6 columns.

I love 90's Play School. This song has cactus, dancing mushrooms, plus the words "nang" and "bong". It was written by Spike Milligan so I shouldn't really be surprised by the awesome.

(null)

• Like 2

In the Simpsons episode where Homer eats the Guatamalan insanity chillies and trips out in a landscape filled with columnar cacti probably Saguaro`s :)

• Like 1

A myrtillocactus geometrizans was offered as a prize on "talking about your generation" last night. I think that show's title actually has less gs and more '.

Spotted this at the vide shop a while back

post-2263-0-73643700-1331811292_thumb.jp

Gooorrrrrgeoouussss

Get ya mind outa tha gutta, tha cactus far fuck sake!

post-2263-0-73643700-1331811292_thumb.jpg

post-2263-0-73643700-1331811292_thumb.jpg

Edited by shruman

Haha! /\

On Rockwiz, Wendy Matthews just said her 7 arias are holding up the cactus shelf in her greenhouse.

• Like 1