The Corroboree
tipz

new forum software

Facebook integration was already in the last version. if you don't want it then don't click it. Even though I don't mind a connection between the forums and Fb I don't use the integrations either. SAB is none of zuckerberg's business. Others might feel different and I don't have a problem if people want to connect their FB profile with sab.

Unless there are some major security issues I won't be commenting on features for a little while yet as these are bound to change.

Every page that I checked has no content loaded from Facebook which means they won't be able to log you as visiting this site if you're logged out of Facebook and not clicking any of the links here.

One change that is Excellent, I can see the forum properly on my ipod now ,yay :)

One change that is Annoying,( but I will get the hang of it) the last posters name is at the head of a thread, and I keep tapping the members profile instead of tapping the time of the latest post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdg5zSLBAb0&feature=related

basically, i dont care about the features. everything should stay exactly the same. i am an old man. damn kids and their boom boom music and silly haircuts.

• Like 3

I like when people like my posts

• Like 4

also the email notification is now showing the text instead of before just linking.

I just tried the "change theme" button at the bottom of the page, chose "pre 3.2" (I think) now my browser is bunging out, keep getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::haveappswithlike() in /home/shaman/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_global.php on line 182

Had to resort to a different browser for the time being, dont know if it's because I'm viewing desktop version on iphone (honestly don't think it has anything to do with that) but now I've resorted to safari and the mobile version it is working again, although I much prefer the desktop rendered version to the mobile version.

It is likely that the skin isn't compatible with this version of the forum software. Updating forum/CMS software is always a pain in the arse and i would expect things to eventually be back to normal, including the skin.

johnst i did the same thing! I am now locked out of the forum on my computer. I am on my phone and tried to go back to the original but the same thing happens. I need help torsten? I dont want to get locked out on my phone. No one else do this!

• Like 1

Ah, love it how you can just click on the notifications icon to get rid of the number.

no idea how the skin thing works. you probably need to clear your sab cookies to revert to default skin, but that's just a guess.

clear my sab cookies??????? I cant even get into sab on my computer. My phone is that old, i can hardly do anything on it. Now im getting worried. The fatal error screen has nothing but text on a white page. Nothing else

also the email notification is now showing the text instead of before just linking.

Hmmm, well that answers the question I was going to ask, because I'm not getting email notifications at all, even topics I've subscribed to since the upgrade. They're not going into junk like they do when hotmail's being difficult, so I'm assuming it's got something to do with the upgrade. I've checked my settings and it looks like I should be getting them :S Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT:Nevermind

Edited by ballzac

"unlike" is a good feature. I couldn't tell you the number of times I've accidentally clicked neg instead of pos or vice versa, or pos'ed the wrong person, and there used to be no way of undoing it.

• Like 1

clear my sab cookies??????? I cant even get into sab on my computer. My phone is that old, i can hardly do anything on it. Now im getting worried. The fatal error screen has nothing but text on a white page. Nothing else

you don't need to go to a website to clear cookies. Cookies are saved in your browser settings.

IPB makes no excuses for using latest technology and will often not work well with very old tech. But if you were fine after the upgrade, but before the skin change then the problem should be the skin change, not the upgrade. I am pretty sure that the browser decides what skin to use by checking cookies. If not then that info would need to be stored in your forum profile which means logging into your profile from another computer and changing it there before trying again from your phone.

One change that is Excellent, I can see the forum properly on my ipod now ,yay :)

it used to be formatted for my phone (HTC) but now its not and is almost unusable...!

looks like its borrowing a friends wireless stick, until they get sick of me doing so, to be able to forum properly!

d00d

I am considering instaling a mobile device hook that will make it display perfectly on android, iphone and blackberry. You will need to download an app for it, but it is free. This is not at the top of the list of priorities, but please push for it if you can't get thins to work on your phones.

it used to be formatted for my phone (HTC) but now its not and is almost unusable...!

looks like its borrowing a friends wireless stick, until they get sick of me doing so, to be able to forum properly!

d00d

If you download 'mini opera' app' on the HTC, you should have success......Speaking from experience. There is also an option down the bottom here, 'change theme', try fiddling with that on your phone.

Im sure plenty of guys out there would regularly check the forums on their phones ay.. im always skimmin' through on smoko etc but yeh its my primary way of using it, so hopefully a few more say the same :)

EDIT : thanks amazonian, ill definatly try your advice, thanks!

EDIT2 : BOOYA thanks amazonian fixed it straight up

d00d

Edited by thed00dabides

yes, the 'mobile' theme should be the first thing to try.

also, if it worked before but not now then try the 'pre 3.2' theme.

I use the phone 99.99% of the time I'm on here, it's just easier then getting up an going to the computer, plus can take pics upload them then post them all on the phone :)

I use skyfire web browser on iPhone, didn't like safari or any of the others this ones pretty much the only one I found that renders the website for PC decently, with a good full screen mode.

If there's going to be a change in the mobile version might give it a go, like being able to do everything though.

Just deleted cookies etc no luck, still getting the error :( at least the mobile version still works :) might have a mess around, I'll let you know If I get lucky Bushturkey ;)

yes, the 'mobile' theme should be the first thing to try.

also, if it worked before but not now then try the 'pre 3.2' theme.

Mine stopped working when i went from the current theme to the pre 3.2 ;)

What browser are you using BT ?

If you copy and paste the error message into google it should give you a few clues.

A quick fix could be to install a new browser and don't import any settings or preferences etc when you run it the first time.

There's a lot of choice in browsers these days - iceweasel, opera, chrome etc.

I'm not certain but pretty sure that the theme change applies to your profile settings and doesn't store anything on the browsers. I tried using a few different browsers and get the same error I posted earlier :(

Probably wouldn't be a problem if you could edit the theme in your profile on the mobile version, but I can't find a way to edit profile with the mobile version :(

Sorry to flood the thread but I thought this might come in handy for anyone having the same problem as me and Bushturkey, basically it let's you view a web page as a mobile site on your computer.

What you need: Apple Safari. You can download the latest version from http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

Step 1:

Open Safari and click on this button ( ) and goto Preferences –> Advanced and check the statement which says:  “Show develop menu in the menu bar”

Step 2:

Open any webpage and then click on this button (image94.png ) and then click

Develop –> User Agent and select from the list of iPhone or iPod clients and your page will load as the iPhone/iPod version! Isn’t it damn simple?

That’s it!

http://www.programmerfish.com/how-to-view-iphoneipod-version-of-any-website-on-pcmac-with-apple-safari/

Edited by Jonstn

i was locked out completly then. Ok it is not my browser, it is the forum. It was working fine until i did the same as jonstn. I was just curious and exploring the new site :P. I dont have a smart phone which makes it hard