The Corroboree
tipz

new forum software

Seems the ability to 'neg' posts has gone. Gold IMO

What are peoples views on the new upgrade ? It takes a little adjusting but so far im impressed.

Edited by tipz

i like it looks a little more proffesional

but im not so sure about the blue though its a little facbookie haha :)

other than that all seems good :)

glad the site was back up before that auction ended to

i was getting a little worried hahaha :)

i agree its probly better without the neg thing to tipz

hahaha just noticed it even has a like this button very facebook hahaha :)

Edited by myco

I've noticed that posts that were plussed/negged before the upgrade now show exactly who it was that - or + the post. Prepare for friendships to collapse!

• Like 1

I've noticed that posts that were plussed/negged before the upgrade now show exactly who it was that - or + the post. Prepare for friendships to collapse!

hahahaha uh oh :)

wait i cant seem to see it i can see

again much like facebook it says you and such an such like this

i cant see anything saying who negged something

Edited by myco

Holy mother of blue.

My mistake. You're right myco, you can only see who liked stuff, not who didn't like stuff.

the menu bar at the bottom is gone, i used to use it a lot frequently for navigating between forums. i see the quick nav button at the top but at the bottom of a tread i have to first go to the top and then navigate it.

the blue - i liked the apricot skin better,

copying text from other pages now preserves formatting - awesome!

but overall it's more elegant and yes, professional i suppose.

the blue - i liked the apricot skin better,

i gotta agree on the colour thing the old colour was very australian :)

I am sure the upgrade hasn't finished yet????. I was having withdrawals before.... i couldn't get my SAB fix :P

If I remember correctly it went blue with the last upgrade but then reverted to the original colour when the upgrade was completed

Cheers

Got

good to get an idea who the likers are :)

that is only so much fun though and i lasted about five minutes

maybe this is a stupid function but does the like function have anything to do with facebook?

• Like 1

possibly

you can login with facebook cant you ???

Is there a way to change the colours myself? I can't find a way :(

I'm worried about how integrated this will be with facebook, what happens if I click the facebook button in the bottom left?

• Like 1

I'm worried about how integrated this will be with facebook, what happens if I click the facebook button in the bottom left?

What happens? Your parents and workmates will finally know what they've always suspected: that you hang out on the internet with junkies. :lol:

• Like 2

oops double post

Edited by myco

if you click the facebook icon at the bottom

it will post the link to watever page your on

on your facebook

Don't fret folks. I imagine colours etc will be back normal soon. Just give it a few days to iron out the bugs.

I've observed a few updates and this seems fairly typical. Just imagine those beautiful earthy tones and they'll be back before you know it.

I'd suggest that you don't bother asking questions for a few more days until we get more of an idea what the final version will include.

I lost my shit at this Marcel lol. Cyber-junkies! At least we are an educated bunch for the most part, and therefore can practice harm minimisation techniques whilst on our journeys.

Wasn't the option to log on with facebook available in the old version? i think i saw something about it but never used it. Facebook is facebook and the Corroboree is the Corroboree. No need to mingle them up IMO

Edited by 2Deep2Handle
  • Like 1

2Deep: Relax man. Have some of this: :shroomer:

I'm scared of new things ... and darkskinned people

• Like 2

Love it. Very modern. Looks like an ethno cyborg will soon be travelling through time to build skynet out of the new forum software. B) All bee bagg.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

for reasons I can't grasp the forum software uses a different css everytime they upgrade, so every time I have to work out all the goddamn colours. that's one of the reasons I avoid upgrades. On the other hand, it gives me an opportunity to tweak colours a little. It won't be staying blue, that's for sure. But colour is not my main concern. the upgrade failed several times and even the final upgrade got interrupted 5 times, so there is a good chance of functional problems. I want to wait a couple of days to make sure things are OK.

I like that they've changed the rating system to a facebook version of the like button. Hopefully these likes are also reflected on the member's profile page.

Facebook integration was already in the last version. if you don't want it then don't click it. Even though I don't mind a connection between the forums and Fb I don't use the integrations either. SAB is none of zuckerberg's business. Others might feel different and I don't have a problem if people want to connect their FB profile with sab.

Unless there are some major security issues I won't be commenting on features for a little while yet as these are bound to change.

ok sweet

I guess all the liking and notifications pending and such got me a little paranoid.