The Corroboree
Torsten

Forum upgrade happening in the next few days.

Love it! But.. it disappeared entirely when I logged in?

^Me too.

UM...not overly wrapped but i know it will get use to . It is VERY different ! But at the end of the day , i come here to share time with fellow SABers, not look at the colors as if i were in a fashion parade.

It is good to have this place personalized again, and i am grateful for the time and effort that people put in to The Corroborree to make it what it is.

( PS. i will be hanging onto my sig' for a bit longer and then begin to wean myself off :P )

:) :) :)

Wondering if reptyle did the upgrade?? His avatar fits right in to the color scheme,,lol.

I love ya sig Amz, longer you hold onto it the better :)

Do quite like the new theme though, was expecting it to be themed like the SAB store but this is still good.

Anyone who hasn't got the new theme try going to 'change theme' down the very bottom of the page and select '2012', that's what I had to do to get it working anyways.

Edited by Jonstn
  • Like 1

Anyone who hasn't got the new theme try going to 'change theme' down the very bottom of the page and select '2012', that's what I had to do to get it working anyways.

^ That worked. Thanks Jonstn. (But there was no option to change theme to 2010 ?,lol Ahhh..... its all good. :)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

love the new skin, the forum seems to have become much more active in the past 12 hrs so looks like the new bells and whistles are paying off :)

Yes! Ah, the calming colours have returned. :wub:

I love it, cool flower too.

Great work!

I really like it

It's like the perfect shade of chocolate brown. :drool2::wub: It makes my eyes tingle, in a good way. :lol:

I really love the colours. The main page looks awesome, but I must admit that when I'm reading through a thread, it doesn't look much different to what we've had for the past few months, mostly pale blue and white. It's a tad anticlimactic to be honest. If all this blue we're surrounded by is what you were talking about when you said "bits of blue that need to be eliminated", then all's good, but these bars and borders and stuff definitely need to be the ochre that the tabs up the top are, or possibly the beige that's around the edges.

• Like 1

So it seems i am the only one that sees Tomato sauce and mustard? ( red and orange?). Maybe my screen doesn't show the color you guys see, though it is less lairy to me, each time i come back. I am glad Torsten warned us and said is was "different and minimal" ,so at least i was prepared . I must admit though, i did get quite a shock when i came here this morning. My lap top was lucky it didn't wear the coffee. But i love SAB and beauty is only skin deep :P.

OK OK ... enough with old misery guts here. I shall try to embrace the new Corroboree.

:)

Maybe I'm not seeing it properly :blink:

There is "tomato sauce and mustard" (I thought it was 'red Earth' and 'ochre') :wink: but most of it's still blue and white for me. That's why I said the front page looks good, becase there's no blue, but the threads are all blue and white for me apart from the stuff at the very top and a beige band down either side.

hope those pebbles or rocks from the desert make a re-appearance i think they really define the whole look.

It's a tad anticlimactic to be honest. If all this blue we're surrounded by is what you were talking about when you said "bits of blue that need to be eliminated", then all's good, but these bars and borders and stuff definitely need to be the ochre that the tabs up the top are, or possibly the beige that's around the edges.

Agreed. Pretty jarring but I guess the main page is how it's meant to look? Maybe a few more days and this blue'll be completely eliminated. :P

Love the new logo & the 2 tone brown (works well with the green in the logo & regularly green "latest pics"), but feel the maroon is unnecessary & the pages would look cleaner by replacing it with the sandy orange used on the tabs up top & then switching the Sandy coloured type to the dark brown used at the top.

post-9498-0-45692400-1332387613_thumb.jppost-9498-0-31575400-1332388321_thumb.jp

Just my 2c

post-9498-0-45692400-1332387613_thumb.jpg

post-9498-0-31575400-1332388321_thumb.jpg

post-9498-0-45692400-1332387613_thumb.jpg

post-9498-0-31575400-1332388321_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ambient Forest

the CSS was done on a test install which did not have any content, so there was no blue visible at the time. the designer is working on eliminating the blue from the rest of it now.

the flower is a stylised pituri flower. it is replacing the pebbles as the anchor to australia's most intriguing ritual plant region.

• Like 1

I appreciate the work that's gone into this, so I'm hesitant to be too critical, but in all honesty, I was kind of hoping for this:

corroboree-2.jpg

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

I know I don't drop in much, but FWIW I was very impressed with the new look when I first saw it today. Nice work, and definitely better than the IPB default IMHO..

I appreciate the work that's gone into this, so I'm hesitant to be too critical, but in all honesty, I was kind of hoping for this:

LOL, there are lots of good reasons to separate the forums and the shop as much as possible, including cosmetically. Most of them are reasons based on legal matters. So no, that new sab shop design was never going to become the forums design.

• Like 1

i just noticed that moderators are now SUPER MODERATORS!!! does the sab shop sell a magical potion that causes super powers?

edit: scratch that, a tiny bit of research revealed why some mods are super mods (ie global mods)

Edited by chnt
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work Torsten and everyone else involved!

This allows the mods who are online rather oftenly to moderate outside their forums. This is mostly to avoid a spammer is able to spam the forum for hours till the mod of the forum is around. The reason a spammer posts his crap all over the net is because he tries to get better google results. The sooner his posts disappear, the less interest he has in coming back.

Sorry to say that despite of what i was told before, being super mod does not affect penis size at all. :ana:

• Like 4

Great work Mr Torsten. I love this new look.