mr b.caapi

t.iboga

has anyone out there

got some seed or plants

they could sell me..

desperate.....!!!!

Guest reville

HA!

Grow Tabernaemonatana orientalis to maturity in perth and ill pat you on the back. Iboga would be even harder.

hi rev,

are they that hard to grow here are they

..i would have thought we had a close enough

climate toits african homeland

...ghana isnt it?

what happened when u tried to

grow/propagate..?

Just an example on how touchy ibogas are:

I've had them over the winter here at my bedroom window. I didn't water them much at all during winter, because they are very susceptibel to fungus gnats which eat their roots, so they didn't grow much. The weather got warmer, and I moved the bigger one into the shade house. After a few days it dropped some leaves and I moved it back to my room.

A few weeks later we had our first good rain and I moved them outside, into the shade of a tree. They looked so happy duing the rain.

I left them there the next day too, where they got maybe a couple of hours sunshine.

The next day: Bang, some leaves were dropped.

Now I've moved them back to my room, and there they will stay until they are sizeable trees,

No more experiments!

Originally posted by mr b.caapi:

..i would have thought we had a close enough climate to its african homeland

...ghana isnt it?

So you never get below 15 deg C in Perth?? and a steady 40 deg C for the 6 summer months? And 2500-3500mm rain in the wetseason?

I didn't think so wink.gif

Guest lambo

Tabernanthe iboga seeds are available from Lambo Seeds, however, seed trades on this product are not currently accepted, you must make a purchase.

'reville' is correct, Tabernanthe iboga plants are difficult to grow, mainly due to the fact that they are an extremely environmentally sensitive species.

negative, 'mr b.caapi', The Australian climate is not at all like Ghana, West Africa, climate is never even cool in Ghana.

'gomaos', heat sterilizing your soil prior to seed sowing should eliminate soil borne fungus, parasites, reduction in exposure to Earth's natural atmosphere, (i.e. outdoors) is recommended also, where natural predators roam, when possible.

note: Tabernanthe iboga seeds are recommended for expert botanists only.

note: Lambo Seeds recommends experiments on Voacanga africana seeds prior to any experiment on Tabernanthe iboga seeds.

Anyone interested in this species are welcome to visit my webpage:

http://www2.aros.net/~lambo/ibogaine/ibogaine.htm

Lambo Seeds

[This message has been edited by lambo (edited 05 November 2001).]

Legality Question:

Are Voacanga Seeds an illegal import into Australia as Iboga Seeds are?

Originally posted by gomaos:

Legality Question:

Are Voacanga Seeds an illegal import into Australia as Iboga Seeds are?

Due to the minute ibogaine content they are theoretically illegal to import. BUT I don't think customs is aware of this yet and I have never had problems with them even though they got inspected.

Under which legislation is ibogaine a controlled substance in Australia? I've been looking high and low for this information.

Originally posted by spaced:

Under which legislation is ibogaine a controlled substance in Australia? I've been looking high and low for this information.

Couldn't have been looking too hard wink.gif

As it is a customs matter it would be in the customs act schedules. In schedule 4 of said act actually.

It doesn't seem to be scheduled in any other way, so once it's in the country you can do with it what you want.