faustus

australian study now recruiting: synthetic cannabis and the law

i'm pretty sure he means half a gram of the herbal smoke containing jwh

not jwh in pure crystal form

i think that probably would kill you haha

and for jabez no ones is saying that hydro's is a strain

and i dont think you should be calling people ignorant for so called gardeners

everyone has thier own views

fact is you could take the same 1 strain of pot and grow one plant outdoors and one plant indoors in hydroponics

and you will without a doubt have very very different effects from the 2

but this would definately depend on the ways in wich it is grown

i think difference is largely due to the fact that alot of people who grow hydroponics try to boost thc levels and increase the growth rate

by pumping huge amounts of chemicals into it

where as people who usually grow outdoors would usually use more natural fertilizers

wich will definately create 2 very different effects from the plants even though they are the same strain

half a gram of jwh = 500 solid sessions... what time period are you talking?

thats a fuckin lot man... way more potent than your oil.

JWH-018 is active at 3mg. 500 divided by 3 is 166. Then consider that I had a high tolerance at the time so half a gram was actually only about 50 hits (if that). It's extremely easy to smoke 50 bongs a day.

Anyway, it was estimated, truth be told I have no idea how much I smoked. I was just scooping it up with a knife and sprinkling it over a baccy bong, smoking it just like I would herb, like I'd done many times before. Then from no where late one night my whole body just completely gave out, it wasn't a panic attack either, since I wasn't even that stoned due to a high tolerance.

Ain't trying to claim I wasn't over doing it, just pointing out that it's not possible to have a toxic reaction of that nature from even the most potent forms of organic cannabis.

Peace

@Myco

All I know is I've seen the results of both skywalker and skunk #1 grown both indoors and outdoors. They were all harvested when trichromes were around 50 percent amber and went though the exact same drying & cure process. The indoor buds do tend to be a little more dense (probably due to constant light), but the outdoor bud tends to have more of a organic (or earthy) taste and aroma. IMHO, outdoor grown bud is a higher quality smoke, but that could obviously just be a placebo effect from my preference of the more earthy qualities of outdoor. The actual influence of the high does not really change. 

btw myco, if you don't want to be called ignorant, then don't make ridiculous claims, like more fertilizer will create a higher THC content, it's complete BS. more fertilizer will only increase yield.

Peace 

"From my understanding THC breaks down to CBN, not CBD"

My mistake by the look of it, its been a while & that was the general consensus when I was researching, but things change.

But you do recognise genetics alone do not account for everything.

Realy does make me wonder why hash is generaly reported to be so high in CBD?, I originaly thought it was due to the degradation during processing.

Its nice to hear your opinion I was just wondering what you base it on 2Deep & I'm glad I questioned it if it helps anyones understanding.

"fact is you could take the same 1 strain of pot and grow one plant outdoors and one plant indoors in hydroponics

and you will without a doubt have very very different effects from the 2

but this would definately depend on the ways in wich it is grown

i think difference is largely due to the fact that alot of people who grow hydroponics try to boost thc levels and increase the growth rate

where as people who usually grow outdoors would usually use more natural fertilizers"

I think what comes out of the plant has less to do with what goes in & more to do with genetics & environmental factors as already mentioned. Unless of course your feeding your plant plutonium or something.

The other major environmental factor besides rain/wind that could play a role in making 'hydro' different is UV light, it has been implicated to play a role in biosynthesis of some cannabinoids & lights do not emit UV light like the sun.

"In comparison to cannabis proper, how would you rate the effects of Synthetic Cannabinoids in relation to each of the following? Please select the best option for each."

I do'nt like this question...

Cannabis can have very diverse effects from strain to strain & so can all the different synthnoid's so its a bit silly to lump them altogether & say compare.

I voted same for most of these because of it.

I also did not like having to compare their addictiveness...

or comparing their ability to be sniffed out by dogs, I have never had that happen but I had to answer the q? anyway.

That section had a few bad questions actualy.

I think the main reason hash tends to be more sedative is probably usually because of the parts of the plant which is usually used. Bud tends to be a lot higher in THC compared to the tip, which is what is usually used to make hash. Could also be the high CBN content. Also indica dominated strains are a far better for making hash than sativa, obviously.

Hash oil from cannabis leaves is extremely sedative, yet not really psychedelic, so it would probably make a perfect organic anti-psychotic medication.

Peace

@Myco

All I know is I've seen the results of both skywalker and skunk #1 grown both indoors and outdoors. They were all harvested when trichromes were around 50 percent amber and went though the exact same drying & cure process. The indoor buds do tend to be a little more dense (probably due to constant light), but the outdoor bud tends to have more of a organic (or earthy) taste and aroma. IMHO, outdoor grown bud is a higher quality smoke, but that could obviously just be a placebo effect from my preference of the more earthy qualities of outdoor. The actual influence of the high does not really change.

so your agreeing that there is a difference then

i to much prefer outdoor grown i gotta agree with ya there

btw myco, if you don't want to be called ignorant, then don't make ridiculous claims, like more fertilizer will create a higher THC content, it's complete BS. more fertilizer will only increase yield.

Peace

and as for this i didnt make that statement at all go bak and read it

i said PEOPLE TRY TO

i didnt say it actually increases thc at all

my point is alot of hydro's has alot more chemi's pumped into and it will effect the plant

wich in my opinion is why i very often get headaches smoking hydro's i dunno if others have this kind of thing happen

maybe its just me

maybe im wrong im just stating my opinions

so dont start calling me ignorant aswell

im sick of people on here getting on thier fukin high horse and calling people stupid an ignorant an shit like that

state your opinions and show your proof and prove people wrong if you think your right

theres no need to start trying to make people look like idiots and act like you know everything

everyone has thier own opinions

and with the amount of good information and the amount of false information out there

its very easy for people to be misinformed you could read one thing that tells you something

while the next thing you read says something completely different

it's ironic

not moronic

to equate hydroponic

with inorganic

'hydroponic'

Hydroponics is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hydroponics

does not mean grown with a multitude of chems from the store.............necessarily :)

yes, many gardeners use the pre formulated 'A + B' concoctions from the 'shop' but i do believe it is entirely possible to grow in coco/rockwool/scoria/nft/ebb and flow etc etc (the list is endless) from homemade preparations using nothing but natural organic sources.

While in Holland, i witnessed the most amazing aquaponics systems , that were growing a multitude of 'strains of pot' that used nothing more than a recirculating system of fish poo in water.

Different indoor strains produce different outcomes , that's all, it's all down to genetics not the amount of Cannazym or PK 13/14 you pour into a tub(for arguments sake )

lets all stay on topic for the good of this thread - not indoor vs outdoor(that's another chat :)

top stuf tronika for your work here.

more information is what's needed about the synthetics(for those who wish to try/use them((not me)) ........not growing techniques or bush vs closet.

• Like 1

it's ironic

not moronic

to equate hydroponic

with inorganic

'hydroponic'

Hydroponics is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hydroponics

does not mean grown with a multitude of chems from the store.............necessarily :)

yes, many gardeners use the pre formulated 'A + B' concoctions from the 'shop' but i do believe it is entirely possible to grow in coco/rockwool/scoria/nft/ebb and flow etc etc (the list is endless) from homemade preparations using nothing but natural organic sources.

While in Holland, i witnessed the most amazing aquaponics systems , that were growing a multitude of 'strains of pot' that used nothing more than a recirculating system of fish poo in water.

Different indoor strains produce different outcomes , that's all, it's all down to genetics not the amount of Cannazym or PK 13/14 you pour into a tub(for arguments sake )

lets all stay on topic for the good of this thread - not indoor vs outdoor(that's another chat :)

more information is what's needed about the synthetics(for those who wish to try/use them((not me)) ........not growing techniques or bush vs closet.

agreed

hehe fish poo :)

Jabez... a bit of anecdotal evidence for ya.

The hash oil my writing pad has always smoked has ALWAYS given him a stimulant type boost, like a drowsiness blocker. My writing pad will be passing out and in just a cone of some smooth hash oil it's eyes are suddenly wide open with no inclination to sleep.

Also my writing pad has overdosed on weed a LOT. It's really not hard to smoke yourself till you pass out. Well when you get some good genetics going your way at least.

as for jwh paranoia...

You have to remember we're dealing with potent psychoactive substances... if you come into the trip with the thought that you're gonna have a bad time, guess what's gonna happen? :P You can't discount that when you deal with trip reports.

Edited by Distracted

The hash oil my writing pad has always smoked has ALWAYS given him a stimulant type boost, like a drowsiness blocker. My writing pad will be passing out and in just a cone of some smooth hash oil it's eyes are suddenly wide open with no inclination to sleep.

I never said hash oil wasn't psychedelic. I agreed with another poster that hash tends to be quite sedative in general and I said that hash oil 'made from cannabis leaf' is very sedative and not very psychedelic, regardless of strain. 

Also my writing pad has overdosed on weed a LOT. It's really not hard to smoke yourself till you pass out. Well when you get some good genetics going your way at least.

Yeah I've chucked my guts up and passed out on weed a few times, when I was like 14! Maybe you just need to eat some concrete mate.

Also what do you mean when some good genetics come my way? As if it's somehow hard to get onto good genetics. Are you aware that anyone can order the best genetics in the world with a few clicks of a mouse?

as for jwh paranoia...

You have to remember we're dealing with potent psychoactive substances... if you come into the trip with the thought that you're gonna have a bad time, guess what's gonna happen? :P You can't discount that when you deal with trip reports.

Tripping!What tripping? I wasn't even all that stoned! Like I need tripping advise from a light weight who can't even handle there weed.

It wasn't a panic attack! Basically, I started getting way to hot to the point where I was dripping in sweat and had to strip and lay in front of the fan. Then from no where I started getting way to cold and was shivering like crazy and had to put on layers of clothes and lay in front of the heater. Then I went back to being way to hot, then back to way to cold, to the point that I was going from way to hot, to way to cold like every minute or so. Eventually I become completely delirious and could barely move. I was convinced my day had come so just did the only thing I could and dragged myself outside and just passed out on the grass.

That ain't a panic attack and cannabis can not cause toxic effects like that, no matter how good your genetics are.

Peace

You're pretty defensive, i didn't think you'd respond like that at all :/

I still think people could have that kind of reaction on normal weed.

edit: that's just an opinion! i know you think it's wrong

Edited by Distracted

I've seen a nice South East Asian Sativa hybrid made up of pure landrace sativa's that after one cone makes over 50% of people turn green then white then sweat there arses off then shiver like leaf in a storm and then :puke: then it's lights out for a few hours. Most wake up and start yelling that the pot must of been "spiked" with something .....lol

100% all organically grown under our great light in the sky, this sativa is MEAN and takes 22 - 28 weeks flowering until ripe, it's great to pull out when you meet one of those "hardcore" smoker's and then wait and lmfao!

Edited by cisumevil

I also think we need more work on growing cannabis in Australia - there has been very little research into cannabis growing techniques/practices popular in this country.

We are currently putting together a study on home-growing in Australia. Stay tuned :)

• Like 2

We have over 400 responses to our online survey, including nearly 300 Australians who have used synthetic cannabinoids.

If you haven't already participated, now is your last chance. The survey remains open until January ends (today and tomorrow).

Link to survey: http://kronicstudy.net

We will work on academic papers to be submitted ASAP. When the papers are published we will return to all recruitment sources with summaries of results and will be available for discussion.

If you prefer to receive an email when the results are released, please email me at [email protected] and I'll add you to the list.

Thanks again for your support and assistance.

Thank you for doing this Monica - I look forward to reading the results of your work.

Hello everyone :)

Just thought I'd let you know that I'll be presenting preliminary results from this survey at a public community forum in Fitzroy next Monday - the Yarra Drug and Health Forum.

Sorry I should have notified you all earlier than this ... but if any of you are in Melbourne and are able to go, just email Greg (see link above) to RSVP. I don't think you have to provide a real name or anything.

Once that's done, I'll upload the powerpoint or a video presentation or both.

Cheers

Monica

Just reporting back - we had our forum on Monday. The presentations can be downloaded from http://www.ydhf.org.au/YDHF2.html (in pdf format). The more informative version of the event is the video that was made - however, that's not yet ready to be uploaded. I'll let you know when that's available.

• Like 1

Great Study! Gee the medical side-effects are a bit over the top. I'm surprised it is so popular. Interesting that internet forums and word-of-mouth seem to be its dominant forms of advertisement. Thanks for posting it

Great presentation Monica! I'll watch the video when it's up :)

Here's another video where I present results from this study... note this was to a health worker audience so it has an appropriate stance for them. We also have a paper currently under review and are working on another paper which will focus more on the legislative impacts.

Excellent presentation Monica, very well spoken and clear. Good CV too, I was surprised to see so many publications from a relatively young researcher.

Thanks Alice :) Just need to get the count of peer-reviewed publications a bit higher, but it's getting there!

Hack's episode this evening will be on this topic - using information from this survey.

Listen to Hack at http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hack/

See the newly published paper at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1465-3362.2012.00519.x/abstract

Unfortunately that paper is only available to subscribers... but i've uploaded the proofs version to this post so you can take a read.

note that the paper attached does not contain all the stuff about the legislative changes. These will be in a separate paper which we are still working on!

Proofs Barratt DAR 519.pdf

• Like 1

where as people who usually grow outdoors would usually use more natural fertilizers

wich will definately create 2 very different effects from the plants even though they are the same strain

Personally i think this has to do with the matirity of the trichomes, and could subsequently also have to do with higher levels of CBD compared to THC at higher maturity levels. Often outdoor plants don't mature as well as indoor plants. I also note from experience that early harvested cannabis(mostly milky trichomes with a few amber anda few clear) has a distinctly more 'high' stoned whereas plants matured to mostly amber and cloudy trichomes will offer more of a couchlock stone. Again genetics would play abig part on this as well but i still believe that maturity has equal of an effect on the chemical compounds, this isn't backed by scientific study only what i have found through experimentation.

Edit: however i am straying from the point at hand and will end here.

Hack's episode this evening will be on this topic - using information from this survey.

Listen to Hack at http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hack/

See the newly published paper at http://onlinelibrary...0519.x/abstract

Unfortunately that paper is only available to subscribers... but i've uploaded the proofs version to this post so you can take a read.

note that the paper attached does not contain all the stuff about the legislative changes. These will be in a separate paper which we are still working on!

cool Monica will have a stickybeak! Let me know when you have the paper related to legislation, i saw your spreadsheet online the other day, first time i had seem apretty conclusive list of synthetics and their legal statuses in the varied states. Although the information may not be entirely up to date(didn't look into it) i was amazed at just how hard it was to find that information, until of course stumbline on it on your site :)

Edited by DarkSpark