The Corroboree
myco

west aussie's trade and sell thread

Hi everyone,

New to WA and ethnobotanicals.

Now, does anyone have a link to what plants/fungi are illegal in this state?

Cheers

Hi Striterax, welcome.

As was suggested to me when I first joined, before asking a blanket question, Google it or look up the relevant regulations on the wa.gov website.

It's all there in more detail than anyone here can provide and more up to date.

Also, this is a trade and sell thread, not legallity.

I would suggest locating the correct forum by search with the tool to the top right of the screen or just start at the main forum page.

There are many awesome people here that will help provided you do some legwork first and don't require spoon feeding. After all, they have had to do all the hard work for themselves first and have shared that knowledge, it's just a case of locating it. If you can't find it, then ask.

Good luck, and welcome to the state where everything fun or medicinal is illegal!! :wink:

• Like 4

Good luck, and welcome to the state where everything fun or medicinal is illegal!! :wink:

What he said.

Also, welcome to SAB :)

edit: sorted

Edited by myco
  • Like 1

Acuminata Seeds and baby seedlings if anyone is keen? probably wont give out seedlings for another two weeks but just seeing if there is interest.

want to spread the life to make up for two trees I ring barked a few years ago :(

QLD here and I'm interested in Acuminata seedss !!

Waiting for your pm, as I've reached my daily dimit.

(wish I could find some sallyD cuttings too...)

Edited by quale

Quale this thread is only for members from WA to buy and trade stuff.

Also sally D is illegal and no one on this forum messes around with illegal stuff

• Like 2

anyone have any any Aztekium seed I can buy or trade ?

Has anyone got any phalaris var. australian seeds, or preferably, Yugo Red? It's been hard to find good phalaris information and seed sources as it seems to be an "emerging market" I guess you could say.

I have seeds to trade, feel free to PM if you can be of assistance and I'll let you know what I have on offer.

Cheers all, hope WA is thriving despite it's thread. :wink:

Anyone got any Nicotiana rustica (mapacho) and/or Artemisia vulgaris (mugwort) seeds (or I guess seedlings) that they would like to sell?

PM me :)

I have N. tabacum seeds that originated from NZ. Very large leaves, fast growing, white flowers with pink frills. Rustica have yellow flowers as I recall...

Mine look like this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_tabacum

If you are interested, PM me for details to send an SAE and I shall send you a thousand or so seeds.

I recently received some variegated mugwort recently, "Oriental Limelight" variety, but it will be a while before it goes to seed or is big enough to take cuttings from, 4-6 weeks I'd say.

The seeds, if viable, revert back to the normal, non-variegated variety from what I understand, so a rooted cutting would suit I would suspect.

I'll keep you in mind for when it's ready for propagation though!

So is anyone else in this WA thread still active and looking to trade anything? It's been quiet for waaaay too long!

Lets get it moving again! Keen to expand my collection and would like to keep it local for obvious reasons... ;-)

All the best to you all!

I have a fair bit to stuff to trade/sell throw me a PM and provide some details of what your after.

Hey People

I have some Pachanoi, TBM, Hard Grown Buttons and some other leafy plants.

Prices start @ .70cm for medium width Pach.

Lots of other seed and dried products available.

Happy to photograph anything your interested in.

• Like 3

Cheers, have dropped you a PM. It was starting to get a bit lonely out west! ;-)

Hey guys & gals, is anyone aware of a good place to buy scoria (red lava rock), other than bunnings? I've had a browse around on the net, but haven't come up with much other than small quantities sold from pet stores in their fish section. Ideally I'd be after a 50-100L of 5-20mm particulate size.
Lava-Rock-2018061.jpg

Also if anyone needs to re-stock their perlite and hasn't realised how expensive bunnings can be ($25 per 15L) check these guys out (100L for $45).

perlite-nazr-112-1004-27-nazr_112@17.jpg

• Like 1

nice one ambient i'll definately be grabbin my perlite from those guys from now on

do they charge much for postage?

scoria in W.A. is fucken shit so hard to get and so damn expensive

i've bought some of ebay a couple of times for ridiculous prices around 60 bucks for 17 litre's

yeh that expensive its a joke and it comes in various grades to all mixed together

i ended up with some big chunks in there that i had to crush a bit for it to even be useful

if anyone finds a good source in W.A. please let us all know

theres alot of people that want it

otherwise we may need to all chuck in for a big bulk order or something from over east could be viable

oh and by the way i have some microscopy prints available PM me if anyone is interested

only 1 variety available at the moment $15 for 2 or will accept trades

and for anyone who hasnt got prints from me in the past 2 usually turns into 4 or 4 into 6 or 7 hahaha

i always chuck an extra or 2 or 3 in there depending on how many i have layin around and how many people want em

Not sure about postage for the perlite, I travel south of the river allot so it's easy for me to pick up from the grow room when I run out. I expect postage won't be cheap for such a bulky item. There is also this seller with similar priced bags further south and up north of the river.

I'd be happy to chip in as part of a bulk order if anyone finds a good source of scoria.

• Like 1

yeh postage is always a problem for me being so far south we just have nowhere to buy anything

the local hardware is an absolute joke so expensive its cheaper for me to buy stuff online and pay postage

fuck the nearest bunnings 120k's away from me haha its pretty shit

a 240k round trip to grab a few things from bunnings is a bit much

i usually end up having to buy everything online which sucks cos i then have to wait weeks to receive it and i rarely get up to perth anymore

might have to get a mate to pick me up a few bags next time they're up there

Edited by myco

Not sure if it is suitable, but I know a guy who sells Hydroton for $35/50ltr bag.. Would that suit the same purpose? (expanded clay pebbles)

Hello Folks!

I have a Lot of this guy growing in the back yard, and would love it if anyone
knows exactly what kind of cactus it be!

It was one plant, which spawned many cuttings, which have grown very quickly!
Each of the new sections are about 1 year old.

Plenty to trade/sellpost-11784-0-17000100-1403598886_thumb.j if anyone wants any!

(effing thing won't upload photos.. Will try again, and again, and again...)

Edit! Image upload success!

post-11784-0-17000100-1403598886_thumb.jpg

post-11784-0-17000100-1403598886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Permatony
  • Like 3

Hello Folks!

I have a Lot of this guy growing in the back yard, and would love it if anyone

knows exactly what kind of cactus it be!

It was one plant, which spawned many cuttings, which have grown very quickly!

Each of the new sections are about 1 year old.

Plenty to trade if anyone wants any!

(effing thing won't upload photos.. Will try again, and again, and again...)

Post the pic on imgur.com and just post the link here... :)

Edited by jwerta

edit. wasn't perth

Edited by Bush Turkey

A place near me does perlite $35 for 100L