The Corroboree
myco

west aussie's trade and sell thread

this may be a daft request... but am looking for Phalaris, esp P. Tuberosa..

Any ideas/seed folks?

Hi all,

I'm relativly new to this forum - I've been lurking for ages though. Thought I'd just drop a quick hello to the West Aussies (who I'll hopefully meet in november?) I'm loving the idea of this thread.

I don't have much to offer atm, but I have Peres if anyone needs them, plus hopefully a bunch of trich pups at the end of this season (all free to a good home of course, I'll keep you guys posted as things come up). I'm sort of looking for seed, also any interesting trichs that may be floating around to add to the collection.

On the subject of interesting cacti, anyone who is near midland should have a look at the house on Llyod street (the only one on the street - next to the Mcdonalds). There's a guy named Terry there, really cool older guy with bunches of dirt cheap cacti. I bought a couple of bowling ball sized Echinopsis, a crested bridge (Edit: not a bridge at all) and a couple of cool mams from him for next to nothing. He had a couple of sweet TBMs there that he knew I was interested in but wouldn't sell me (he is really attached to them), but he cut the best bits off (without me asking for them) and slipped the cuttings to me for free.

Anyway, he mostly has ornametal cacti (mostly Echinopsis, Arazona snow caps ect) which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea, but thought this could be useful to someone. His number is 927458425.

Edited by terracottacactus

I would like to see a photo of what you are calling a crested Bridge. I doubt it is a bridge but I would be really keen to get hold of one if it is a cacti and looks like bridge it could be a Myrtillocactus geometrizans.

I just realized you might not know who I am :) I am the one that got you started with your Pere forest. :wink: and I do have some seeds for you. I hopefully will catch up with you at the meet.

Cheers

Got

Great to hear from you again! :lol:

Those Pere are doing really well, starting to really take off now they have their own little pach of garden (and some sun). I'm just happy to be able to start giving back to the community. I'd love to catch up at the meet, I have so many questions about grafting but I don't want to keep making threads. Of the 20 grafts I did I think I lost (or am losing) about 5, a couple of them have new leaves sprouting from the areole. Still, I think judging by how everything is taking off it's safe to say I'll have many more years of learning ahead.

TC

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Have a search of the site for the info that you are looking for first but we all understand there are things that are best answered by asking questions. :) Good to hear that you have been doing some grafts. Five fails out of twenty is good a lot of people will have more fails than that out of twenty grafts I know I have. I whent through a stage a while ago when I was only running at about 50% :wacko: but I went back to basics and worked out where I was going wrong and I am back on track now. :) If you are getting shoots growing from your Pere stock just nip them off. You can cut them of with a blade or if you like the game of pulling the little spines out of your fingers then you can pinch them off. :lol:

I can sort you with a Mike cutting. If I make it to the meet I will bring you one otherwise you can pick it up from the workshop. I wont know until a day or so before the meet if I am going to be able to make it.

Cheers

Got

Great! thanks for the advice,

I'm using tweezers to pull spikes out of my fingers as we speak haha

I'd love to catch up at the meet, otherwise I'll swing by the workshop the following week for a catch up. Thanks again for all your generosity!

Sorry if I got you all juiced up about that "crested bridge" the guys on the ACF have set me straight, it's looking like a Austrocylindropuntia.

Cheers again GOT

• Like 1

Hi all,

Slightly odd request here, but does anyone have a Camellia sinensis bush (other-wise known as a tea plant) that I can get a hold of some cuttings from?

I'd love to start growing and drinking my own tea, figure this would be the best place to ask.

Cheers,

TC

Wandilla nursery ordered one in for me. Still a bit early to steal cuttings from unfortunately.

@Terracottacactus,,

Hi there, I would love some Peres if you have any spare? I'm way down south. Please pm me if possible....

Cheers :-)

i have some small plants spare.

PM me if u want

peace

• Like 1

Hey everyone.

I have some datura strom (2) and brug suaveolens (4) seedlings I decided against growing coz of little kids n little dogs. All about 2 inches and seem healthy enough so far. Also four hibiscus sabdariffa seedlings too. If anyone's interested a trade would be nice but definitely not a condition as otherwise they'll go in the rubbish.

I'm chasing the usuals. Khat, M.hostilis, interesting trichs, or anything else interesting. Seeds, cuttings whatever.

Have various seeds too, but will have to check what's there.

Enjoy your weekend

Cheers.

Edited by Cubism

Hey everyone.

I have some datura strom (2) and brug suaveolens (4) seedlings I decided against growing coz of little kids n little dogs. All about 2 inches and seem healthy enough so far. Also four hibiscus sabdariffa seedlings too. If anyone's interested a trade would be nice but definitely not a condition as otherwise they'll go in the rubbish.

I'm chasing the usuals. Khat, M.hostilis, salvia d, interesting trichs, or anything else interesting. Seeds, cuttings whatever.

Have various seeds too, but will have to check what's there.

Enjoy your weekend

Cheers.

Hey cubism. Just to let you know, Salvia D is highly illegal, Australia wide. Also Khat, mimosa, and some trichs can be classed as illegal in WA

• Like 1

Hey BT

Thanks for the friendly reminder. Appreciate the concern.

Unfortunately lots of things that I find fun and interesting in good ol WA are illegal arent they.... I pretty much keep myself to myself and dont bother anyone else with my hobbies :) Discretion seems to be the key, at least I think and hope so hehe.

Hi Cubism

BT's warning isnt just for your benefit. As this is an Australian forum, discussion of illegal activities puts the entire forum at risk. While you can get away with discussion on the cultivation (not consumption) of most cactus and plants such as khat, Sally D is clear cut illegal. Hope that helps

The rules

Ahh point taken mate.

Think more before I type in future perhaps :wink:

If any one is interested in the seedlings I'll have them until the end of the week then I sadly must get rid of em, which would be a shame.

EDIT : removed the offending words from the earlier post to keep everyone happy

Edited by Cubism

Hello All

I have some spare rooted Trichocereus Bridgesii Monstrose which I would be happy to trade for rare ethnobotanicals.

PM me if you want to do a trade.

Pretty open to anything.

Not after any HBWR or Morning Glory

anyone want any cacti? $5-$10 each. A few clones. Pick-up only

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

Im interested.

me to PMd