The Corroboree
mattookay

WANTED: Trichocereus sp.

chasing either a trichocereus peruvianus and/or trichocereus pachanoi cristata. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Man, if you find a crested pach in Australia you will be one popular guy. Very common overseas but I think they still don't exist here yet. Peruvians you will have a lot more luck with!

chasing either a trichocereus peruvianus and/or trichocereus pachanoi cristata. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Yeah there are so many ppl chasing that crested pach I'm thinking of getting a few ppl to chuck in for an import permit wouldn't be till after Christmas tho

Ps i can help with pach or bridgesii if your interested

Yeah there are so many ppl chasing that crested pach I'm thinking of getting a few ppl to chuck in for an import permit wouldn't be till after Christmas tho

Ps i can help with pach or bridgesii if your interested

i would be down for chucking in on an import permit !!

i would be down for chucking in on an import permit !!

and i

Im down too ! Id also be keen to put in for importing kadas cresting TBM ! ( edit - here is the link )

Does anyone have a rough idea on price ?

Edited by tipz

I have no idea on the permit but I've seen those pach crests being sold for like $20 in NZ good ones too

I have looked into this befor, if my memory is correct there are a number of costs involved:

Plant cost with export permits

Import permits

Quarantine housing cost

Quarantine inspections charged at hourly rate I can't remember how many are required

Then you have the possibility that the people looking after your plants don't know what they are doing

I have details somewhere of a private quarantine facility I could dig out which could give u more information.

Im definitely keen. cant do it till after xmas either but it will be well worth the wait.

imagine being the 1st people to get this cactus bought into australia and spread throughout!

keep me posted!

So going on the example provided in that link it will only cost $125.00 plus the cost of said plant.

so thats for permit lodgement and asessment ? only 125 dollars ? :o

That is so much cheaper than i thought. Very tempting indeed. I have just been salivating on some possibe imports from uncle chorns and kadas :drool2:

$125 is for application fee and assessment of your application. It is not as simple and straight forward as it seems.

I'm pretty sure Hamiltons in Sydney has an AQIS Import Permit. Perhaps someone could organise a group buy through them.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by TheExplorer

Hamiltons in western sydney do a crested Peruvianus, I got me one for $35 - it's perty :)

post-7053-0-03976300-1323318663_thumb.jp

post-7053-0-03976300-1323318663_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-03976300-1323318663_thumb.jpg

im down for helping cover the costs of getting Mr crest pach into Aus.

If we purchased several do they all come under the $125?+plants or is that per plant?

be nice if we could get like 10 of these in at once and only pay import/quarantine on 1 as they'd all be the same!

Tricho peruvianus went on ebay the other day for $26 from aus supplier

im down for helping cover the costs of getting Mr crest pach into Aus.

If we purchased several do they all come under the $125?+plants or is that per plant?

be nice if we could get like 10 of these in at once and only pay import/quarantine on 1 as they'd all be the same!

the $125 will only cover the application to import ??number of plants

next you have to pay for them to be housed in a certified quarantine area $$???

now the inspectors charge you for everytime they inspect which will be a number of times over months i believe.$$???

import duties $$???

but im still game to contribute

hey moses..I understand $ involved every time they have to check, but do they charge out each time they come out for each species they inspect, or for each plant they have to inspect?

Application to import 1 or application to import as many of that one particular species you want? :scratchhead:

How confident are people with IDing pachanoi and peruvianus crests? Ive seen plants in aus that are said to be pachanoi crests but I find it hard to tell the difference between peru and pach even in normal plants. Are people just going off spine size?

I would assume its already here even if the plants I have seen are not actually pachanoi.

They charge an hourly rate I believe

How confident are people with IDing pachanoi and peruvianus crests? Ive seen plants in aus that are said to be pachanoi crests but I find it hard to tell the difference between peru and pach even in normal plants. Are people just going off spine size?

The pach crest is pretty recognizable short spines and light green one of the nicest cacti I've seen. The Peru on the other hand is probably a bit harder with all the different forms.

I would assume its already here even if the plants I have seen are not actually pachanoi.

I'm sure if it was in au someone here would know about it. I've been searching for 2 years and asked many ppl. There's other ppl been searching for lots longer than i have. I'm not saying it's not here just that if anyone has it there being awful quiet about it, especially for a plant that's potentially worth thousands

the $125 will only cover the application to import ??number of plants

next you have to pay for them to be housed in a certified quarantine area $$???

now the inspectors charge you for everytime they inspect which will be a number of times over months i believe.$$???

import duties $$???

but im still game to contribute

wait so the cactus could be in shipping for a couple of months? or do they come to your house every so ofter to inspect them?

Aside from all the quarantine hoops & hurdles, has anybody looked into the customs side of things for importing pach plants?

I'm sure if it was in au someone here would know about it. I've been searching for 2 years and asked many ppl.

I have it on good authority that both the pach and the tbm crests are here in Australia. However I have not been told who has them.

I could think of a few reasons why it's not widely advertised but i would only be speculating.

What would you all class this plant as?
Id class that as sexy :drool2: ( marriage material even :P ) In all seriousness though maybe a myrtillocactus ? Edited by tipz

Sapito that's what everyone in this thread is talking about.. a crested pachanoi!

BTW I started a thread asking if people wnated to do this when I was in NZ and had access to lots of cheap crested pachs from a nursery, but there wasn't much interest at the time:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17083&st

Main problem people mentioned apart from the cost, is that quarantine might still decide to destroy them for any reason.

Tipz, what reasons can you think of that someone would have for keeping that info to themselves?

I know of an ex member of this forum who used to get small cuts sent to him from out of the country wrapped in a shirt or something, but I think he ended up getting customs on his ass.. shame he never did it for crested pachs before he got in trouble though!

Edited by chilli