The Corroboree
nabraxas

holiday tragedy

Either way, if I were guilty or not, I'd be bacc in Oz with an Oz laywer and Oz legal system. Our country is unlikely to extradite. I couldn't give a fuck if it looked bad or not. Would u stay in Bali given the same advice? It could only look bad if u were guilty and if u were, it wouldn't matter anyway. I'd deff talk with an Oz laywer and seek their legal advice. U can even do it online, Although it is still pricey, just like in person.

I am not making any suggestions of guilt. Just stating the way I'd be thinking if I were in the same situation.

• Like 1

yeh i think i have to agree with ya there naja naja

it might not look good but you'd definately be alot safer bak here

and as naja said

i am not making any suggestions of guilt either

i feel terrible even talking like this in this thread

this is just such a bad thing to happen

i know my girl means the world to me

and can't imagine wat you must be going through right now

this whole situation is just so sad :(

It's pretty fucked that they even tell you you're a suspect when the post mortem was "inconclusive". They shouldn't even be treating it as suspicious unless the post mortem came up with something of concern. Unfortunately, sometimes people just die.

don't push it and certainly don't try anything sneaky, but if the opportunity arises get the fuck out of there [no matter what the cost might be - in order to avoid any delays!]. Pushing it might work against you, so best to be guided by the embassy on how to proceed. There is nothing wrong with wanting to get back home, so don't let them make you feel guilty about wanting to get away.

I don't know if oz has an extradition treaty with nepal, but even if it does, I'd rather be at the mercy of an oz judge to decide if there is a case rather than a possibly overzealous prosecutor there.

And anyway, I am sure one can be prosecuted in australia for serious offences committed elsewhere if the victim is australian, so coming home is more about your security rather than avoiding responsibility.

Obviously if the choice is between staying voluntarily or being arrested then chose the former. Again, the embassy should be able to advise you. And make sure you keep them informed of your whereabouts. The more you tell the embassy the quicker they can help you if things get sticky. They might also be able to issue you new papers in case you can't get your other passport back.

Getting stuck there is the last thing you need.

GOOD LUCK!

Im very very sorry to hear, nabraxas. I thought this would be some kind of newspaper story and thats why i wasnt reading the thread till now. I wish you all the luck in the world to get through this tragedy! Just let us know if we can help you with anything. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Nabraxas I was left speechless for your sorrow until now, please accept my heartfelt condolences

I agree with a few of the people here who suggest you stay in touch with the embassy and try to get back to .au via appropriate channels. It would make sense to even the local authorities for you to want to be closer to your friends and family here at this time. I can understand that you might want to be closer to your wife's last presence and remain until there is some kind of closure for everyone there, but in the long run being in a familiar place of social solidity where the legal framework is well defined could be a more practical turn of events for you. That's just my opinion and I hope it doesn't offend you

Please, if you can, stay in touch with us here so we know you're as OK as possible. If you can't stay in touch directly, occasional messages to someone and passed on to us here would leave a lot of us feeling more at ease that you're in contact and not in some kind of trouble

Our thoughts and hearts are all with you at this time

DL

• Like 1

Australian ambasssador thought waiting herer was pointless. Apparently Amanda's viscera haven't enven left Nepalganj yet.

so i'm booked on the 22:30 flight Wednesday night.

it'll be good to be out ov here, nut i have no desire to face relations or rebuild a life.

love & light

Simon.

Hey Simon, good call

Let us know when you're back in the country, hope someone is meeting you at the airport

cheers

DL

Love and Light to you Nab's. Safe travels. So sorry for your loss.

thanks for the kind thoughts

being back is killing me.

in Nepal it was all like a dream, plus i had an unlimited supply ov valium, hash & brown paste.

Here everything is too real; the friends we shared,the shops we visited, the bed we slept in, etc.

And w/no drugs to take the edge off i'm drinking way too much Scotch.

Hopefully things will get better w/time.

Love & Light

Simon.

Glad you're home safe Nabs. Love & Light and Peace to you.

yeah good to hear your home.

it's sounds cruel probably, but i think it's better you don't have a mountain of drugs to dull your grief.

• Like 1

Good to have you back safely!

And qualia is right. Research has shown that using sedatives after a traumatic event increases the risk and severity of PTSD. Grief is terrible and at the time one just wants to make it go away, but if the option was to trade it for years of PTSD then maybe dealing with it right now is not such a bad option after all.

• Like 1

Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

That is tragic, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss nabraxas. I hope that you manage to get through the dark times ahead.

i had a feeling this whole ordeal would really hit you when you got home man

so sad :(

hope things get better for you soon

i dont like to say this cos i know these kinds of drugs can be bad for you but if things get really bad man

go and see a doctor im sure they will give you some benzo's of some sort xanax, valium sumthing to help relax you a little

you have more than a good enough reason for them to give you something

just try and take it easy man one day at time i hope things get better for you soon

my deepest sympathy to you friend

we're all sending alot of love your way

make sure you keep us all up to date on how your going and if theres anything at all we as a community can do to help

dont hesitate to ask no matter wat it may be

peace and love,

myco.

Tough times mate. I wish you strength in steering your way through.

Nabraxas.

I've been mostly off-line for over a month, and haven't been on SAB the whole time, so it was a complete shock to read of your tragedy. I honestly don't know what to say, except that my thoughts are with you.

so sorry to hear of your loss , i offer you my condolences.

she is now in a unimaginable journey of love and light.

so good to be home & away from the crazy in-laws. The garden is so overgrown i think there's a few weeks worth ov work sorting that out.

i've been put on seroquel & lexapro, plus a kind friend gave me some clonazepam to take the edge off at night.

i think the pills are working , i'm beginning to see ways to move forward; but overall i still want to die...if only i didn't have the conditioned reflex that suicide will take me to a different place than where my beloved wife ov over 20 years has gone.

here's some photos ov her in her last few months.

6557045223_e8f0e82da1.jpg6557046173_afdf9b347f.jpg6557048335_6b15ccbff1.jpg6557049689_07bd88fe02.jpg6557050955_32da9337dc_b.jpg

• Like 1

I wish I knew what to say man. I think you need to find a support group or something, so that you get the opportunity to talk to people who are going though (or have gone through) what you are going through. If you feel you absolutely need to self-medicate, use only the bare minimum you need in order to survive. The hard edge of grief is what helps us process the experience and integrate the reality of loss into our lives. The softer you make that edge, the longer it takes and the more suffering you will experience in the long run. And please, please look after youself. A lot of people care and want to see you make it through this as intact as possible.

thanks for the kind thoughts ballzac, i have actually been thinking ov getting some bereavement counseling somewhere local.

i'm being careful, only having a few beers & clonazepam at night to help me sleep.

i feel like i can make a go ov things here, this was our dream house in the country, i feel i kind ov owe it to her to make a go ov it.

i'm just abit at a loss at the mo.

cheers.

Simon.

Words are useless here. Feel our compassion nabraxas.

Stay strong and yes,make a go ov it :) .

• Like 1

She looked like an absolutely beautiful, kind, and fun-loving person :) You must have had made some amazing memories together; she will never be gone from your mind or heart :)

Words are useless here. Feel our compassion nabraxas.

Stay strong and yes,make a go ov it :) .

This :)