The Corroboree
nabraxas

holiday tragedy

I saw this this afternoon and to be honest I was just overwhelmed and I had no idea what to say, I still don't.

I've got no idea what you are going through but my deepest heartfelt sympathies are with you.

Love and light to you nabraxas

Edited by tipz

My thoughts are with you nabraxas.

sending lots of love your way.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Wow. Thats really heavy. I recently lost a friend, and it was overwhelmingly difficult to come to terms with what had happened. I couldn't possibly imagine what you are going through my friend. My deepest thoughts and condolences go out to you and your relatives. Stay strong! <3

My condolences to you Nabraxas. Wish you the strength to cope with your loss.

My thoughts are with you nabraxas

because of the strike we were unable to cremate Amanda's body yesterday.

i was told to be at the hospital at 7am today so we could get an early start.

at 12 midday i was still waiting for anything to happen in the same emergency room where Amanda was pronounced dead.

that was abit harsh but i was able to find some over the counter valium which has really helped me keep it together.

eventually we headed off for the cremation site on the bank of a river.

there were about 20 local men who came along to help w/the rituals etc.

i had to wash her body, which was abit hard as the post mortem had cut her head open...not pretty.

but other than that it was a beautiful ceremony & i think Amanda would have really appreciated it.

on the way back the bus stopped for refreshments & i explained that it;s tradition in my country for mournersto have a drink of spirits to see the departing soul on it's way.

apart from the two Bramins everybody else was happy to have a drink & we all toasted Amanda's spirit.

don't know if it's the valium, alcohol or just the relief of getting the cremation out of the way, but i'm actually feeling pretty good.

tomorrow i go to police to get my passport back, aswell as the death certificate & autopsy results; then i should be able to fly to Kathmandu & then back to Aus.

much love to everybody.

best wishes

Simon

XXXXXX

it would have been difficult in the morning just waiting around, sounds like a beautiful ceremony though mate!

Glad to hear you are feeling good :) so sad to lose a loved one but the memories will be with you forever, as will a part of her.

Good luck buddy, you seem really strong minded :)

Peace

Hey nabraxas. Maybe you are in shock, and have had to hold it all together to get things done?. You are very strong .

You travel safe now.

We are here for you, and grieving with you.

All the best man.

Amz

thanks guys.

off to the district police commissioners office soon to get our passports back, as well as the death cert. & post mortem results.

then i will try & find a flight to Kathmandu & then back to Aus. to face Amanda's family & friends. not looking forward to that.

your support has really been helpful, no one here speaks English & i've been feeling all alone except for you on-line folks.

Cheers

Simon.

Don't know really what to say, just wanted to comment so you know im thinking about you.

Dear Nabraxas,

I hope sharing your story with the open hearted people on this forum,a virtual family ,has helped you process the start of this new journey out of this darkness.

So vivid are the images from this story I visualised the whole thing and experienced a fraction of the sorrow you must be feeling.

You have shown great strength to go thru another cultures funeral practice,though it does sound more tactile than our sterile system.I am sure she was a unique woman to have a unique farewell.

Stay strong brother,there is a lot of energy supporting you here.

Col.

• Like 4

thinking of u man, sending all my love ur way.

Tragic . I am lost for words . My most sincere condolences . Tom

what an ordeal! I am so sorry and wish we could help somehow. anything we can do?

• Like 1

infinite in spirit mate... peace

I just read this Nabraxas. I am deeply sorry for your loss, in such a tragic and sad way especially. I know you must be stronger after having gone though that. I'm throwing my support along with everyone elses for you. You deserve it brother. Peace and happiness to you!!!

cheers

thanks for the kind words guys they really mean alot.

had an appointment at the district police commisioners office at 7am, but as usual nothing happened until midday when i was informed that the post mortem was inconclusive & that Amanda's viscera was being sent to Kathmandu for expert analysis.

I was also informed that i was the chief suspect in my wifes death & that i should stay in Kathmandu in case the autopsy required further questioning, i was told i could go home but as the process should only take 3 days, it's better i stay.

The Australian ambassador said that was true to a point, but it could take 3 months & i could always answer their questions by phone.

i arrived in Kathmandu Friday night & have to wait 'til Monday 3pm before i can see the ambassador again & organise a trip home.

Nothing to do but kill time.

i got top grade hash, clonazepam , etc. + loads ov beer.

not feeling much at all really; except you kind thoughts.

love & light

Simon.

If I were u, I'd be bacc in Australia ASAP. I wouldn't trust a foreign countries legal system!

Remember, were here to help if u need it.

Peace brother

the death of a loved one is something that words can't allay so instead i hope that your sadness is one that you can bear.

even though it must have hurt alot, the ceremony she had sounds very touching

i kind of agree with naja naja there

i really wouldnt trust a foreign country's legal system

this story is like a nightmare already

i cant imagine how much worse it would be for you to be blamed for this tragedy

however leaving may look very bad on your part

i dont really know what to say other than we are all here for you

and sending much love your way

and again im terribly sorry to hear of your loss

hang in there friend :(

I agree with that, but at the same time, it's good that they're being thorough, and hopefully they can determine the exact cause of death which I think would provide you with some more closure.