The Corroboree
naja naja

Wat an incredible EGA

Let me start by saying a HUGE thank you to every1 who made EGA possible. I am so appreciative, there is no suitable way for me to express this with words or actions. I love each and everyone of you and it fills my heart with joy. I have to say that this was the EGA for me, and I will forever be changed because of it. Not by anything that happened directly at EGA but wat followed in the hours I left and my discovery this morning of a moment of divine interaction. I hope I don't anger the spirits with this post, i feel I won't. I will start by telling u of the story and I would greatly appreciate peoples input. I am still struggling to completely comprehend this moment.

My scientific brain has always kept me slighlty skeptical of the actual existence of our plant spirits. Although I have had interaction with them in the past and gained great knowledge and insight, my scientific based thinking has always kept that grain of thought that these may mearly be induced by the substances and it's all within my own head. Not that this would effect the usefulness of such things, but mearly that it was within ourselves and purely ourselves that we had this inside already and it was these substances that provided a gateway of sorts to access internal knowledge. (yes even with wat I've learnt), i couldn't help but be willing to be proved wrong, any scientist should know their "belief" may be flawed sum how, but wat happed leaves no room for this theory.

I dropped off my van at rental place, while standing in line asked for a taxi number, so I could call ahead to ensure it was there for me when I needed to leave as I was running immensly late. So I phoned this number, who I've checked I've never called before. As I said, I had to ask for it. I proceed to start ordering a taxi, giving details of pickup and drop off etc, when she stops me mid setence and says "did u ring before?" I said "no, I hadn't" she says "there is already a taxi coming for u", I get her to check the details and suggest that maybe there's another person with the same first name as mine also waiting here to be picked up, then she proceeds to say " it is for phone number #######, which was my number. I instantly was so happy and assumed that it was my awesome friend who I had just dropped off before heading to drop off the van. I assumed he realized how late I was actually running and pre ordered a taxi for me. I got to the airport after baggage checkin had closed, like a minute or two late. I freak out and the machine says go see a costomer service person, I run up, interupt and ask if I'm in right line, he says yes, but if baggage is closed you'll have to catch next flight, I am spewin, go stand in line, he finished serving and indicates for me to come over, quick as a dash up my bags go, tag on he says to run, flight leaves in 5 min. So I end up catching my flight by mear seconds because of the pre ordered taxi, I doubt the other would have arrived on time.

So today I call my mate to express my deepest thank you and he says he didn't order the taxi, I assume he's jhoking, but he asures me he didn't and I believe him. but no1 else could have known the time to get a taxi for me, no1 else knew except for him and myself. So ...................... I kinda lost it when I realized fully wats happened. But so in my face, like here we are! Still skeptical mother fucker? I feel so humble and assure u all that the plant spirits do exist, if it's not the plant spirits, sum1 sumwhere surely is watching over us. I feel like it's a big comment that they agree with wat we are doing, I just need to say thank you.

Naja

P.S. I made so many new friends, I feel for life and bonded stronger with my friends who were already close to my heart. I love u all, can't wait to see every1 again!

• Like 2

Naja! What an epic experience. I was there with your friend while you were on the phone :)

I dont know what else to say. A perfect weekend all round, still lost in happy joy bliss cloud.

So wonderful to meet so many forum members, who were all lovely by the way. Hope to see a few new members popping up soon too.

Congratulations Naja on being awesome!

P.S. please come visit soon.

Edited by niggles
  • Like 1

Spooky. Someone/something is looking out for you. You'll probably never know who/why, but I think this sort of event is very positive because as you say, it can be thought of as a reassurance that we surround ourselves with good people and a good community, who are doing good things with their lives. Etc.

• Like 2

Doodoo doodooo ( The Twilight Zone theme). Freaky !!!.

It was a pleasure to meet you at EGA naja naja :) . Very glad to have met the other SAB members too.

EGA =Awesome.

• Like 1

So awesome...

Edited by apothecary

It was definitely a epic weekend, Cost me a lot to get there and back in the end but worth every cent and if it was on again I would spend double. Learned so much, met heaps of awesome people and got away from it all just for a little really a priceless experience. Thanks everyone for a awesome weekend :)

i agree completely, EGA4LYF

however now that im back in the 'muggle world' i have developed a strong flu-like illness. i hope it isn't something from the water supply...maybe it's being back in this artificial city world? however being able to sleep more than 4 hours a night has been really cool.

• Like 1

i believe i had frozen my tonsils. they have only really started to go down, and swallowing is possible again.

thankyou and blessings to the organisors, volunteers, speakers and just as importantly the punters, for making such an amazing 5 days away possible.

I myself learned alot, about a myriad of things.

bless.

• Like 1

agreed. it was a fantastic weekend. beautiful and very inspiring. so much knowledge being shared, amongst other things.

big hello and thank you to everyone i met, or ran into again. very grateful that there is such an awesome community to work with here in Australia!

I also had a fantastic EGA. I went in 2009, but this time I was so much more engaged with everything and everyone. Such a large amount of positive energy. It made me realise a few things... and think further on a few ongoing tensions in my life and perhaps in many other people's lives.

Rather than repeat it all here, you can check out my blog post: http://monicabarratt.net/?p=264

Thanks again to everyone who made it possible and everyone who participated.

• Like 1

haha wow

wow

This community has a large amount of extremely smart and very friendly people. People need not be smart about everything in general but the amount of people that have extremely dedicated themselves to one aspect of this community is astounding. To be able to walk upto almost anyone and learn from them is an experience that's hard to replicate.

I definitely have new found respect for the members of this forum that I have met.

Sunday night was an experience within itself too :)

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS OVER!

Trout reminded me about a very important line from an interesting book that's worth thinking about.

"Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing."

• Like 1

That was awesome. Up there with the top 5 or 6 significant events of my life. I feel like I've joined a family and made a whole bunch of life-long best friends. I had intellectual revelations, spiritual epiphanies, sincere and warm conversations, great laughs (occasioned by people and bulbs), electric hugs and so much more. The vegie burgers were pretty fucken good too.

• Like 1

DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome! Id like to thank Ronny and crew for putting this symposium on!!! Met sooooooo many people! Thanks amz and eth for sharing there camp! Was great to chill with you guys and all the other members. Missed out on so many lectures due to having to much fun!!! Where is that german cracker??? baha nang chang!

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

E G A...................it's in the name

We gathered under the sun and flew our freaky flags

as one

we lost our collective minds

and reconnected our souls to motherearth

as one

Thankyou to all the members-new and old that made my experience so memorable.

Special thanks to all the superbeing speakers/organizers/voluteers

that made this happen and for putting

on such an amazing,easy,going space for the free exchange of information.

When you click with someone ....well.....you just click

needless to say......i was clicking away all weekend

hazzar!!!

brothers and sisters

• Like 2

It was a super fun cool and funky gathering. I am so glad I went. I enjoyed just going up to people and talking with them. The sensorium, the pod, the sweat lodge, the vendors, the speakers, the people - so good. It was great to imteract with some of you and see a few people I knew from back home.

We are all blessed for going. I was sad to see it end.

33563427.jpg

Hehe, only kidding. :)

• Like 3

Amazing story Naja!!!

Oh if you're ever in Sydney do look me up :).

Overall it was a magical weekend for me. Nothing particular, but just to go and to feel the community behind what we are all about again made me happier than I have been in a long time. City life has disconnected me from the plants more than I would have hoped. From somebody who was such an avid gardener to now being in an apartment in Sydney's urban chaos has taken it's toll on me, but at an outdoor EGA again reminded me of who and what makes me happy.

To the organisers, and to all my friends there, thank you.

Oh and props Incognito for the giving the chang+nang experience a well deserved bigups in his signature.

• Like 2

Chang nangs and snailsex, you're definitely an interesting one incognito.

Was good to meet you naja, thanks for sharing your story; luv it when things like that happen and people post about it!

Just got back from my Ega road trip early this morning, had a very comfortable stay around the Albury area over the past coupla days waiting for a new coolant cap for my car to get ordered in - thanks racq for putting me up in some smick accom :wink:

What can I say, I'm an Ega addict!.... hope I can survive the oncoming two year hiatus!

Many thanks to Ronny, the organisers and all the crew for putting on another amazing Ega :wub::worship:, much thanks and gratitude as always

It was good to spend some face to face time with the entheo community, and put some faces to some of the display names and avatars on here.

Much love to all the new friends and old faces I had the pleasure to share time with with.

What a awesome story Naja. the sprits must have been be guiding you home.

Funk yeah, it all goes too fast and is over before you know it.

Great to meet up with some new people, listen to educated people speaking about plants etc, have some kick ass laughs and enjoy the beautiful mountians.

$900 dontation given to the EGA team in support of the great event that is EGA! Thanks to everyone who bought from the auctions and cactus sales! And one of our crew won the raffel, what a awesome event!

Thanks to all the peoples that made EGA possible, Till next time.... :drool2:

Edited by sharxx101

:wacko:

hey ethereal: i give EGA 0 out of 10 'bler's.

Edited by frank
  • Like 1

"You guy's rawk!" - Trout.

Indeed!

Love and Peace to all the EGA tribe.

Thank you all

:wub: