The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

mckenna's timeline.

(hard headed realists be aware- this is for fun, i'm not serious, so don't get upset.)

like most conspiracy nuts, i was aware ov all this fuss over the december 21st 2012 end date ov the mayan calender-

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

but it has recently come to my attention that the mckenna brothers- while unaware ov the mayan date- came to the same end date by using fractals to map the i-ching timeline-

http://www.survive2012.com/why2012fractal.html

my only opinion on this is that it's spooky.

anyone know anything more?

I think this is very interesting. Especially the fact that they used a different, Chinese based system, to arrive at the same year is rather interesting. I think though, that we will have to wait and see, and hope that the human species can push through this time of change, as it probably will be, and move on to the next step.

But then again, couldn't every moment of our existence be considered a time of change? Are we not now going through a time of great change? Were we not going through a time of great change in the 60's? So therefor, we will always be going through a great change to some people, and to others, it will just be another day in the park.

[ 01. April 2003, 14:07: Message edited by: Gilbert Nolander ]

To me it makes sense. We have an underlying narrative of teleology in our culture. By this I mean a deep feeling that our world is headed for a certain destination. Armageddon, the singularity, the end of history, whatever you want to call it. All these things are quite different in character but share the idea that they are a final end that we will one day reach. Where does this belief come from? Is it fanciful bullshit? Does it come from something in our past that we have forgotten? Could our subconscious belief (and even hope) create it in any case?

Secondly, it really does feel like time is speeding up. Does anyone disagree??? I have heard many people say "Time goes so fast these days...". It's true, it does. I could be wrong because I've only been here 20 years, but that's my impression. My grandmother agrees.

Another point: McKenna's 'end of history' is a kind of techno-eco-spiritual-dimensional breakthrough from what I understand of it. Given that technological advancement is ocurring at a high rate - especially communications technology- is there a foreseeable end point or point of singularity (where "everything goes infinite")? What happens when the global telecommunications network becomes as complex as the human brain or more???

A question: To reach his conclusion with the timewave zero graph, McKenna used a certain part (is it called a hexogram) of the I ching. He then did all of these mathematical operations on it and generally messed around until he had a pretty graph which he said was the shape of history. What led him to do all that? Did he have any idea what he was looking for or was he just into that sort of thing?

I just hope I'm alive in 9 and a bit years. I want to see what's going to happen.

EDIT: after typing all that, I went to that link and read a bit about the reason they used the I ching.

"Their studies began with the I Ching, which is composed of 64 hexagrams, or six-line figures. It struck them that 6 x 64 = 384, which is exceptionally close to the number of days in 13 lunar months (29.5306 x 13 = 383.8978), and that maybe the I Ching was originally an ancient Chinese calendar. Further multiples had astronomical significance:"

[ 01. April 2003, 23:29: Message edited by: creach ]

I got this from that survive2012 site:

http://2012.antville.org/stories/331038/

It's from a 'Mayan elder' who claims the usual interpretation of his culture's calendar (ie end of the world etc)is wrong. All we have to do is survive until then and the galactic alignment will cleanse the earth of bad energy. Or something.

uhhh , serious, I did not see this thread!

Not kidding here.

Some synergy Ey!.

One day the earth maker will come and look into your hart, to see if you are worthy or not.

NABRAXAS: I think that 2012 (assuming we live past 2004-re:Nostradamus)is a good candidate for an emergence of what we we call conscious machines. This also fits in perfectly well with the alchemical idea of a union between matter and spirit: conscious agents through conscious engineering create conscious machines.

I think it probably all comes down to that.

In fact, I'm willing to create a betting pool that 2012 will be that date.

Anyone want in?

I've got ten bucks on it passing by, unnoticed, like every other 'significant' date so far.

How many 'Mayan' or otherwise supposedly 'end of everything' moments has there been ?

Just get wasted for the now ! and avagoodweegend !

Sorry to dampen the tone....... just ignore me. Or take my $10 at the time !

there are also interesting discussions comparing the structure of dna with the i ching,producing tables correlating individual amino acids with specific hexagrams.

t s t .

sorry for the delay- unexpectedly called away.

tantra- yes i've seen some DNA/I Ching stuff, also fascinating. check this link out

http://www.erowid.org/culture/references/o...project_1.shtml

(Thelema- you might find this interesting, if you work w/cabbala)

as to time speeding up w/age,- that's a biological fact. your expeerience ov time is linked to your heartbeat. children find it hard to sit for 1 hour, grandparents can sit down & 1 hour's gone before they know it. this also explains why insects only "live" a few days.

[ 20. April 2003, 08:21: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

Spurious:

I've got ten bucks on it passing by, unnoticed, like every other 'significant' date so far.

How many 'Mayan' or otherwise supposedly 'end of everything' moments has there been ?

Just get wasted for the  now ! and avagoodweegend !

Sorry to dampen the tone....... just ignore me. Or take my $10 at the time !

Heheheh, no worries dude, those who have the eyes to see , notice that the world is rapidly changing.

I am sure that that is indication enough that we are clearly entering a new era.

technology isgoing very fast, at the same time is destruction of natural "healthy habitat" only in the last 30 years people have begun to realize what we are ding to the earth..

there are so many other things that are allot clearer for us today then they were 50 years ago.

We are discovering the world anew on many levels in life.

among the bigger things being realized is humanity as a whole...

space era etc etc etc

[ 20. April 2003, 10:24: Message edited by: brian ]

"I think this is very interesting. Especially the fact that they used a different, Chinese based system, to arrive at the same year is rather interesting."

Unfortunately, that is not all that true, he used the Mayan calendar's end date as the "zero point" of the wave and then he believed that he could then predict the past. Saying that at each change in the wave was a significant event on Earth. See "Tree of knowledge" 6,7, and 8 (I think) at http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org.

Eventhough it is rather disheartening, there are also people who criticise Terence McKenna's timeline, here is one: http://www.serendipity.li/twz/gyrus/river.htm

So, whatever you feel is true ...

thanks pipe- i'd read something different.

as to what is 'true'- that's a whole can ov worms, suffice to say-'truth'-like 'the future'- aint what it used to be

My 2 cents worth is that there is no definitive future - either good or bad - it is driven by the collective conciousness of humanity.

There is good & evil in the world & there is little we plebs can do to change the policies of the oligarchies.

However we all have the capacity to influence our own worlds for the better in our approach to others & also ourselves in the course of our daily lives. Treating all with mutual respect, rising above our own egos & self destructive tendencies. Everyday I try & everyday in some way I fail but I will continue to try. When enough of humanity begins to overcome negativity then maybe then we will reach a stage where the cannonballs cease to fly.

How often when we are consumed with negativity does our situation become a self fulfilling prophecy.

On a larger scale notice how the "Axis of Evil" speech by President Bush has reinforced the hawks that always hover waiting for an opportunistic reason to enact their negative & destructive tendencies.

I've drifted away from the topic somewhat I'm sorry but I just want to throw in this line from Abraham Lincoln when he said, "The best way to destroy an enemy is to make them into a friend."

Peace

quote:

Me too! Are you serious about this? I could do with 10 bucks( pity I have to wait 10 years)

BTW, I don't know if it really makes sense to say that time is speeding up, "speeding up" means happening in less time...I think time will always go at 1 second per second( if it exists at all). A possible explanation for the subjective experience of it doing so is that you perceive a duration as relative to all time so far, ie your age. When your 2, a year is half a lifetime, when you 80, it's only an eightieth, so perhaps time feels as if it's 40x faster to an 80yo than a 2yo.

Sorry, I'll take my rationality to another forum...

[ 30. April 2003, 17:22: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]

yep, it is true that one's perception of time accelerates with age. I think it's for the simple reason that we don't remember as many of the mundane details as we get older, like something that has been touching your skin for a long time, eventually all sensation stops if there is no changes.

I'm not really one for eschatology really, but my feeling is that 22/12/2012 is a significant future date. From that point on we enter a nu aeon (to use the chaoist term), life as we know it will be transformed - and I think that it can go two ways. Either we anihilate ourselves as a species, or the quantum leap into the next major level of evolution occurs. Hive mind, that sort of thing, you know. The return of magick. The return of shamanism, in a new form, technoshamanism, the merging of science with magick.

My feeling about this was shaped by psilocybin experiences, and a palpable feeling of a sense of the future state of humanity, of a sense of teleology that was not called on, but came to me. Eventually everything must go through a catastrophic upheaval, either to cleans the slate for a new run, or the synchronous emergence of a new state of existence.

May I just ask, can anyone remember what they were doing on August 13 1999 or have any particularly bizarre experiences around that time?

The 9th Aug 99 was a negative day for us, as it was the date of a failed surgery on a family member.

I won't get into any specifics but around that time began a pretty dark period for myself which in the end I am glad that it happened. This experience reinforced my beliefs in synchroncity.

Was your experience postive or negative fractal?

hiya ppls,

if anyone is interested in reading some of our conscious dream journeys to the year 2012, you can check them out here..

http://www.dreamofpeace.net/thewaves/01ourway2012/

each year, we'll be running a project on this topic. the next is scheduled to be meetingourselves in the year 2012 . cool, huh ?

just thought that might itnerest some of you. beware, that the writing is messy. it was my first article. lol...

enjoy

oh yes. i have another VERY COOL story to share about 2012.. will do tomorrow.

i think that if we dont inihilate this place.then the future is going to be an existance of,not knowing where the body finishes and where the machine starts.

i believe that we are already going through the changes,that armageddon is occurring now!

i like to think that there are prophecies all around us everyday,

that the clearest messages come through the most creative and receptive minds.

look back ito the past,almost everything that was being dreamed of as fiction or fantasy has come true or is still caught in the process.

especially when it has to do with techology.

a very obvious example is the dick tracey watch and house hold robots.

now either those with the most receptive minds are gaining insights into the becoming future in the form of ideas.

or maybe its nothing more than an idea,an idea that is manifested by all of the attention placed on it.

whatever is happening i see isights to the new world everyday most clearly through the creative process.

on a personal level with people but mostly on a global scale.

a perfect example is the matrix.

im not at all saying that this story line is true but it has deffinetly been an important message.

it has done its part in preparing us for something.everything is preparing us for something else.

to really try to get an understanding of what might be occuring you have to take a step back and look from the most unpersonal view possible.

to view the planet in mind hovering in space and see that everything has a positive and negative quality.

that everything is on auto pilot.

that whatever it is, it is forming us,we are not forming it,but we are aware and can interact with it.

look at what has been termed the noosphere.

technology is hardwiring the planet,a planet constructing for itself a brain,a complete nervous system.

there has only ever been one goal and that is to know itself.

something as magnificent and perfect as the universe doesnt fuck up.everything is in its perfect stage of progression.

one way i like to see the destruction of the natural world in a good way is that when everything is perfect not alot happens,there is nothing to strive for.yes fuck peace!

when people become sick physically or mentally or experience major distress from something happening to someone close or any other experience of a reality shattering nature that is when people really start to question things,to think,to search and really change into something more along the lines of what they would like to be.relating to persons who have never been through any difficult times i find hard,they always seem a little less real and mostly more egoic.not always though.

so is something going to happen in 2012 regardless or are we creating it with all this huff and puff or is it doing its thing right now.

we are only given what we need to know.

the triggers for change are becoming more and more powerful and prolific.

its obvious things are going to change one way or another,because it doesnt work this way.

i see the future in those who are on a mission.

be the change you want to see.

find what it is you love to do and do it!

that is the only place you will find yourself.

communicate and create!

just a few words of madness into what im thinking today anyway,tommorrow who knows?

there is no such thing as fiction and reality isnt real anyways!

:rolleyes:

its good interacting with you guys again.

for some reason it feels right doesnt it!

ive noticed a large difference in the mentality of those with the internet and those without,whatever it is they're into!

[ 28. October 2003, 15:15: Message edited by: spiraleyes ]

wow, there's alot ov ideas there.

"the future isn't what it used to be"

quote:

its good interacting with you guys again.

for some reason it feels right doesnt it!

ive noticed a large difference in the mentality of those with the internet and those without,whatever it is they're into!

where you been anyway geezer?

i agree about the difference in mentality.

a few reasons come to mind, but nothing that would totally explain it.