The Corroboree
RyanVolle

how to grow fungi?

I've seen fungi grow in the compost-y soil in my garden. it's made up of sawdust. If it's wet and if the rain hasn't gone for one whole day (or the sun hasn't shown up for a day), mushrooms grow. How do I grow them in my garden without buying spores?

Make sure "the rain hasn't gone for one whole day or the sun hasn't shown up for a day"

• Like 1

Observe the conditions in which the fungi you want to grow, grows. And then re-create these conditions as best you can.

if you want to learn to grow mushrooms i would suggest obtaining a copy of 'let's grow mushroms', an instructional dvd made RogerRabbit (a member from a different forum) a while back. this covers a lot of cloning techniques and substrate options and would likely help you get some nice fruits in the future.

http://rainforest-australia.com/Luminous_fungi.htm

Luminous Fungi

A great Australian rainforest experience.

Big glowing mushroom.

[This gilled toadstool has fruit bodies which are typically funnel-shaped, with a white cap which often becomes darker yellow, brown, blue or purple (especially in the centre).

The gills and spore print are white.

Ghost Fungus usually grows in clusters at the base of trees.

The most distinctive feature of the Ghost Fungus is its strong luminescence, the purpose of which is unknown.

It is poisonous, causing severe vomiting.

It is sometimes confused with Pleurotus species, which are non-luminescent.