The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Carlos Castaneda

Carlos Castaneda... any thoughts on the subject?

tongue.gif

E D

Well you probably already know the work is fiction.

That doesn't mean it isn't of value... I got something from it when I first read some of his books. I have a book by Daniel C. Noel called "The Soul of Shamanism", which is lying around the house . I pick it up and read a little bit occasionally but it is heavy going and a bit too intellectualized and scholarly for my liking. He talks a lot about Casteneda and "Imaginal Realities". It might be worth picking up if you are interested in exploring the implications of Casteneda's fraudlence. He aims to create a "new" shamanism for westerners based on Jungian ideas of the imagination. If I ever properly work out what the fck he's on about I'll come back and share it smile.gif.

I just started reading some books he wrote and it does seem to be rather vague and fantasy bound. A nice story.

What is the book by Daniel C. Noel, "The Soul of Shamanism" like?

Has anyone tried Datura inoxia as a skin ointment (as witches/carlos castaneda used)?

I just thought I'd start something going in this quiet corner of the board.

E D

the general consensus used to be that castanada's writings were an amalgamation of various experiences etc and that Don Juan did not really exist, Castanada just used the fictituous figure to bring all his suppositions, observations and research together.

have you noticed the writings emerging now, attributed to both men in Don Juan's circle, and females in a related witches circle? an acquaintance was apparently given directions to find don juan, and another said that he wants nothing to do with castaneda at all.

make of it what you will

happiness

earthalchemist

"Stone Junction" by Jim Dodge.

Highly recommended.