The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SunChaser

Swiss cannabis smokers will be allowed to grow four marijuana plants each

Swiss cannabis smokers will be allowed to grow four marijuana plants each (to stop them buying drugs illegally)

Cannabis smokers in Switzerland will soon be allowed to grow up to four marijuana plants each at home to stop them buying drugs on the black market.

In a bizarre twist to the new law, four people sharing a house can grow up to 16 plants - but only if each person tends to their own crop.

The deregulation of Switzerland's already lax cannabis laws has been agreed by four neighbouring regions in the French-speaking part of the Alpine country.

A spokesman for the Neuchatel region said: 'We have agreed these new rules to prevent drugs tourism between regions where the rules are different, and to stop them buying it on the streets.

'But one person can not start growing more than four plants just by claiming they live with other people.

'In this case, these other people have to actually be cultivating the plants themselves.

'This means attending to the plant in such a way as to make it grow.'

Swiss daily Le Matin quipped: 'This basically means that you can grow four more plants for every housemate you have - just as long as they know how to hold a watering can.'

The rules will apply in the cantons of Vaud, Neuchatel, Geneva and Fribourg from January 1 next year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062526/Swiss-cannabis-smokers-allowed-grow-marijuana-plants-stop-buying-drugs-illegally.html

• Like 1

Hopefully oz gets a lil insight from this and does somthing economically beneficial on the drug market for a change

I thought it was already legal to grow in Switzerland? you could buy seeds and seedlings in grow shops 2 years ago anyway. Either way, good to see the Swiss providing a good example for other developed countries.

I'd love to see this down here.

But, we are Australia, so it will probably never happen lol

:BANGHEAD2:

I think I need to find myself a cute swiss chick to marry, lol.

Ironically, if this actually happened in Australia the poverty rate would probably go though the roof.

Think about it, cannabis is a multi billion-dollar industry in Australia. A fair bit of the cannabis that’s sold in Australia is probably produced by organized criminals, but the majority of it is probably being produced by low income and generational welfare families and I think it would be fair to say that most weed being sold in Australia is being sold by these same families throughout suburban homes around Australia.

So that’s like, thousands of families around Australia that are just barely holding there heads above the poverty line, purely because of the multi billion dollar Australian cannabis industry. lol

there is *some* truth to that jabez, but i think the reverse is MORE true. for every low income person making a living through pot, there are several low income people sacrificing much of their income to provide that person's living. i think if you were able to put a figure on every aspect of it, where all the money goes etc, prohibition in almost every case including this one does not work in favour of us plebs.

• Like 3

Yeah, I suppose. But to a lot of people it would just be more money for alcohol or some shit. Even if they did start spending there money on something constructive, that’s still billions of dollars a year that then completely by passes these lower income families and goes straight to the large corporations.

Obviously anything’s better than prohibition. It’s just a trip to think about how the illegal drug trade is such a big industry and is so ingrained within western culture that putting an end to it would have to have a few surprising economical effects on the community. Lol, don’t think your ever going to hear anyone use it as an excuse to keep drugs illegal or anything, so pretty safe there.

Peace

:)

yeah i wondered if you were using it for that reason.

i've never met a dealer, personally, who would vote in favour of prohibition so that they could continue their dealing lifestyle.

high level criminals, on the other hand, would probably lie, kill, blackmail, kidnap and backstab to keep things the way they are.

what you say is definitely a thing to bear in mind. the end of prohibition would cause a flood of changes right across the spectrum.

i'd like to think prohibition would lead to drugs being much cheaper, as well as more reliable in terms of supply and quality.

So that's like, thousands of families around Australia that are just barely holding there heads above the poverty line, purely because of the multi billion dollar Australian cannabis industry. lol

Oh believe me, there is.

Swiss cannabis smokers will be allowed to grow four marijuana plants each (to stop them buying drugs illegally)

Cannabis smokers in Switzerland will soon be allowed to grow up to four marijuana plants each at home to stop them buying drugs on the black market.

Seems reasonable as Swiss is mountains and the only way too grow in winter or summer is

1400 watts lamps per 2 plants.

So the electricity bill tells the swiss cops how much is being grown.

Better be a female plant.

White widow apparently the standard.

So the war on drugs is too costly as its a war on the tax cows.

Get busted not such a good record for a employee 18 to 20 years].

Any drug bust should be cleansed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange_%28film%29

[A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 film adaptation of Anthony Burgess's 1962 novel of the same name. It was written, directed and produced by Stanley Kubrick. It features disturbing, violent images, facilitating its social commentary on psychiatry, youth gangs, and other social, political, and economic subjects in a dystopian, future Britain.

Alex (Malcolm McDowell), the main character, is a charismatic, psychopathic delinquent whose interests include classical music (especially Beethoven), rape, and what is termed 'ultra-violence'. He leads a small gang of thugs (Pete, Georgie, and Dim), whom he calls his droogs (from the Russian друг, "friend", "buddy"). The film chronicles the horrific crime spree of his gang, his capture, and attempted rehabilitation via controversial psychological conditioning. Alex narrates most of the film in Nadsat, a fractured adolescent slang comprising Slavic (especially Russian), English, and Cockney rhyming slang.

A Clockwork Orange features a soundtrack comprising mostly classical music selections and Moog synthesizer compositions by Walter Carlos. The now-iconic poster of A Clockwork Orange was created by designer Bill Gold.

Contents

[hide]

Seems reasonable as Swiss is mountains and the only way too grow in winter or summer is

1400 watts lamps per 2 plants.

lol, I'm sure plenty of people grow outdoors in Switzerland. A greenhouse and the right strain and you would do alright.

Its quite warm in Switzerland during summer (up to high 30's), no need for even a greenhouse. I saw students with plants on the balcony of their flat, and growing alongside tomatos in gardens. Their was one particularly large plant on a balcony in the middle of the city that you could see quite easily from the street. Bad move - one night some guys climbed up and stole it :angry:

Very sensible legislation . Our laws are a god-send to crime .

Its quite warm in Switzerland during summer (up to high 30's)

True. I never would have guessed that. Altough all that extra sun would cause them to take ages to flower. Even here in the southern parts of Australia, it can be very challenging ( or even impossible) to get most top quality strains to full maturity once the sunny days come to an end. But my personal taste tends to equate sativas to quality. It’s a choice between being hungry and tired or motivated and inspired, lol.

Peace

Way to go, Switzerland.

Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Canada, US ... all these countries are becoming more and more tolerant towards gangja. But one country is become stricter and more and more fascist: The Netherlands. Now weed with more than 15% of thc is considered hard drugs, coffeeshops are being forced to shut down, etc etc etc ...

yes,... I think The Netherlands is still very tolerant, but they have to become stricter because they are a thorn in the eye of neighbouring countries whose ass they have to kiss. Also, many growers cause problems,... coffeeshops sometimes attract crimminal activity. Allot of coffee shops have much more weed in the shop then they are allowed to carry. The market is also always flooded with herb, so it goes over the borders. Tourist buy large quantities in The Netherlands. Allot of smuggeling going on in Limburg (drug running)

I've seen it myself (lived there 4 years and still have close familie there) and read plenty of what goes on in Holland.

I mean,...people there are allowed to grow,.. what is it ... a few plants,.... but instead set up massive grow operations.

Had a friend who used to work in a grow shop. (this was 14 ish years ago) he told me clients came in to buy anywhere from 10M2 to 200M2 of grow equipment (or even more) and 3 months later they came back to the shop (or him) and asked him to sell it for them. He'd make allot of money off of that. I went to his house and saw his own grow operation, his whole house was 1 big weed farm and he had kilos of other peoples weed stored there. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< WELL THAT IS NOT THE WAY THE DUTCH GOVERNMENT WANTED THEIR TOLERANCE TO BE EXPLOITED I THINK.

So it's easy to see why Holland is getting stricter. It simply got out of hand.

One story really sticks out at how far growers will go.

<<<<< growers decided to grow in a bridge one day and when they went to tap the electricity they caused a power outage in a nearby village,.. when the electric company went to check where the prob was they stubled upon this operation.

Oooh BTW ,.... the title of that youtube film translates "Biggest weedfarm of Europe found in bridge"

Crime only exists because of the government policy. Many cities have proposed to start their own nurseries, but requests have been declined by the federal government. Coffeeshops can only have 100 gr in their shop, so they use drugrunners and storage houses, which creates a whole criminal organisation, very unnecessary. This amount is ridicously low as you can buy up to 5 gr a time.

Crime has risen since the shops in Roosendaal since the biggest shop was closes, more crime, more hard drugs, a lot of pushers. Since all the shops in Maastricht stopped selling to tourists, crime has signifantly increased, a lot of pushers are selling now hard drugs. The city is begging them to sell again to tourist, but they won't until the rules become clearer.

There are no problems with Belgian and German tourists, most problems are with French tourists, they come from very far, will most likely be searching for larger amounts so a new market is created.

Small growers are also being targeted lately, parties have zero tolerance etc ... The Netherlands now have a very conservative goverment and there are more problems than just ganja, check privacy issues in Holland, it's to cry ..

that going out of hand stuff is bullshit that populist parties are using. I have seen the situation myself in the boarder and it's a lot of rubbish they want you to believe.

Where it's going out of hand is all because of the unlogical lawas that have been used since years. Only total legalisation will help.

kudos to swiss people. Logic ultimately should outrun power hungry psuedo-dictators.

Though i do agree financially it is better illegal on a grand scale. It causes no addiction and problems so thus doesn't really cause any profits in other fields, so its profitable only as long as its illegal. The only other way is making it a controlled legal item liek alcohol or heavily taxed item like tobacoo (and alcohol), thus taking away the true financial benefit to the nation (ie being illegal makes a nation more $) and also makes it a commercial crop and leans towards government anti-freedom via not allowing people to grow their own such as the case with brewing your own alcohol in many countries and some countries controlling tobacco cultivation on a provate scale.

So again, kudos to the swiss. with this law, at least how its presented here, it seems to say "fuck you" to the drug lord criminals AND the dictator criminals and gives the power to the people. right on.