The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yeti101

Medicine garden?

I am considering buying some plants from the nursery of Medicine Garden Australia, and I was wondering does anyone know how reliable they are? Is their range all they claim it is? Is there any other nursery (or individual) that sells such a range of stuff?

i don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be. yeah, they're a little slow (actually, very) but isn't that what growing plants is about, patience? aside from that and hyper-flated prices, i think they're reliable. from my experience.

Thanks. I'll look into earthpod. But earthalchemy is gone, for good it seems. Oh well. Buying plants that contain tryptamines is getting to be a struggle, hence using medicine garden (yes I had heard of their reputaion). Time will tell.

Hello,

I've heard nothing good about MGA so far, and I just found out part of the reason.

Although I would'nt mind some of their over priced stock, I'd be more than happy to save you a limb or two, if possible.

With herbs, (although not listed)I may be able to get you several of those on their list for a bit less.

If your looking for a 'real' aphrodesiac I may be able to get some yohimbe bark (not cheaply though frown.gif

Happy to help,

Adrian,

EARTHPOD

I used to buy a few plants from medicine garden. i was happy to have discovered them, it was a few years back when not much was around. I always went to the nursery in lismore so it was cool to wander around and get a few things. i found them ok. the garden got overgrown after trevor left, and the remaining guy seemed more keen on trying out the plants wink.gif

if u go there its ok, they have some interesting stuff and a bit pricey but not overly. i wouldn't order from them from what i have heard though.

[This message has been edited by darcy (edited 19 December 2001).]

I've just had a look at the prices on some of those sites. Very expensive! So far I've got all my plants from guys on this forum much cheaper than that. If you are looking for something it's worth asking.

Thanks heaps Adrian. I will almost definitely be buying stuff from Earthpod in the new year. Other plants, or viable and not impossible to grow seeds, I am looking for include: Psychotria viridans/(viridis?), Tabernaemontana pandacaqui , Desmanthus illinoensis ,Peganum harmarla ,Leonotis nepetaefolia. All these I could get from MGA, but at signifigant cost. Which I am prepared to pay. I am planning to propogate some of the more hard to get plants and sell them at low cost/swap, so that other people do not have to pay $88.00 for a tiny P.viridans seedling.

For P. viridis? Eh?

I don't always baulk at the cost of stuff cos there may be other variables involved which I don't know about. And if I want something that badly I'll find a way to get it at some stage, trade/ swap/ work exchange/ bribery/ asking nicely. There's enough of a network burgeoning here for ppl to work out a way around a pricetag if you can wait. If it's that important to you you need it now, then pay.

But the AFSR is one of the best thing that's happened to this scene, and I congratulate Rev on his patience and time and dedication. Support it and we'll be right, I reckon.

But it might be of interest to know I have bought at least two spp which have been misidentified there on the label. One of them was the allegedly Kaempferia galanga, which turned out not to be. The other was an alleged Voacanga, and isn't...it's not even close. I think there have been a few others but they're not alive to tell their tale. Mistakes happen, of course, in any field. But that, and the combined weight of the feedback makes me cautious.

I bought a good size psychotria viridis plant at eb1 for $10.

Other than that I just want to say:

If the medicine garden guys think they're cool why don't they just post HERE and answer any complaints? Would be the most logical thing to do, wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Yeti101:

Psychotria viridans/(viridis?), Tabernaemontana pandacaqui ,

will be for sale when SAB reopens at the end of feb.

Desmanthus illinoensis ,Peganum harmarla ,Leonotis nepetaefolia.

we will probably also sell plants of these, but with these species it is easier and much cheaper to grow from seed.

for what its worth,

I received a T. Peru, from them.

Late and my credit card was overcharged, but after a FEW calls everything was sorted out.

Kai

use medicine garden as a last resort, especially for seeds. they have not grasped the concepts of promptness, quality or relabilty. i've never ordered plants from them so maybe they can actually get it together. i tend to get a little peeved when an order goes pear-shaped as my season is short and i usually only get one shot at a new strain per year.

$10 eh? Oh ewll. I'll figure something out.