The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tipz

australia the proxy state ?

I didn't say China was going to take over Australia. However, China is trying to claim what looks like a very unfair share of the South China Sea and has the potential to disrupt trade and passage through the South China Sea. Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines etc are very worried as a result and it can affect many more nations. There have already been multiple incidences of China bullying other nations in the area because of this issue. There are also a few hundred million Indonesians to our north too.

I agree that China does rely on us for resources at the moment but the Chinese are also investing heavily in many developing countries . If they find a place where they can find the same product that Australia provides but at a cheaper price then we start to lose our bargaining power.

Also, the fact that we only have said navy base in Perth, the air force base in north Western Australia and the other bases in the Northern Territory is why we need an ally like the United States. Having access to a carrier strike group is a pretty good way to signal to other nations that they should leave us alone. Also, it's better to have the bases up north than on the south eastern coast. An attack on Australia is hardly going to come from the south.

Also, I fail to see how seeing China as a threat means that one must hate Asian immigration.

^^Not calling you racist. Was more venting frustration - I had an argument with a moron about Chinese\Asian generalisation the night before posting that. It was the typical racist dumb fuck arguments the person raised i.e. taking all our jobs, taking over Australia, if it wasn't for America we'd all be Japanese and that China is going to take us over. And yes this person did say the "I'm not racist BUT..." and you know he'd be the person would say the same about Muslims, Lebanese and Aboriginals if it came up.

You say you don't understand how seeing a China has a threat means that one must hate Asian immigration, but arguing a race as a threat is probably the number one way that people have tried to justify racism since people developed language.

The points you raise are obviously educated but as said it was more a frustration vent from my end from talking to stupid people. It would have been the same situation if somebody brought up chem trails as I've argued against that too recently too many times as well hehe.

Edit: P.S. please nnobody use the fact that I brought up chem trails to give their reasons why chem trails are definitely real and if anybody does I'll hunt em down and cut their dreadlocks off..... dreadlocks seem to be directly proportional to belief in conspiracy theories and pseudoscience arguments, or as a forumla d 02b6d397e015e480420f59701c1a1d26.png bs.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

^^^ Uhhh China relies on Australia to power themselves from a mining industry in Australia with a huge annually overturn of employees.. China if theoretically attempting to overtake Australia would shoot themselves in the foot..

Australia relies economically on exporting natural resources\primary produce... China relies on Australia for these resources. Unless China becomes completely nuclear powered they need us for coal, and even then we can supply uranium instead anyway.

Most of all you can't say we need US bases to defend us against invasion by China or any country. A navy base in Perth, an air force base in N.WA and the other two joint bases in the NT. That's not exactly set up to be able to defend majority of the Australian population residing down the east coast and through Victoria.

Thinking of China as a threat to Australia at the moment with current trade agreements reflects instead the prevalent fear or hatred of Asian immigration most noticed in generations above the present 20yr old mark. I base this comment on personal experiences with too many people who talk about how China is going to take over Australia because they have the biggest land army in the world + North Korea as an ally. All these people at some point used a comment along the lines of "I'm not racist... I just don't like Asians" as justification.

:blink:

Very good post...... +1