The Corroboree
Francois le Danque

So who else 'Rims?

Age it is then - 21 (still feels weird to be an adult... I don't think I'll ever get over it...)

I think kill children will be among the first and most popular of mods. I hope someone changes it up so that it's similar to the way it was in Morrowind - you can kill the important guys, but it gives you a message saying "You gone done fucked up, son."

It kinda ruins the fun if you're clearing out a town and the children just sit saying "I'm not afraid of you, even if you are older than me!"

Bloody kids, and dogs.

In the list of mods I linked to there's already a good many optimisation and aesthetics mods. I think Skyrim using the same engine as Oblivion will make it much easier for the modmakers to churn them out.

Also I am really looking forward to a mod that makes dragons harder. They should be among the hardest opponents in the game in my opinion, but they have absolutely nothing on a mammoth... A couple of guards can dispatch one, without me even pitching in. They're pathetic.

For a game oriented around dragons... They should be more like this :P

Edited by Sheather

I'm addicted hardcore to skyrim. Was so devastated that when it first came out i was still moving house and had the wait to get everything set up to play it.

I do think i've caught up fairly well though, level 27 dark elf, focusing mostly destruction magic and sneak.

Does anybody else have problems dumping their money? i'm sitting on almost 30k and it always seems to be increasing. Even when i make sure to get some sort of training 5 times every level.

Does anybody have 100 smithing yet for the dragon armour?

The game sounds pretty cool. I just picked it up off ebay after reading this thread. Cant wait for it to arrive now.

asdad

Edited by Teljkon

asdasda

Edited by Teljkon

asdaasd

Edited by Teljkon

havent played yet but given i am an avid elder scrolls/bethseda games fan i think i will definitely be getting it. going to be buying it today hopefully. I have heard it is more like morrowind than oblivion, i really hope so oblivion gave me the shits a bit so i cant wait. I like the looks of the dual wield and quick spell swapping etc.

This will be my first time playing it on a console though so that should be interesting

and tel, did that guy come in your sleep ? that is like the assasins guild or whatever, check your qest log.

Edited by DarkSpark

It is very different to both morrowind and oblivion. There are no stats like strength and willpower, instead you increase either health, magicka or stamina each level. And only 18 skills, no athletics or acrobatics, archery is considered a warrior skill and alchemy is considered a stealth skill - not that it matters, because you have no agi and such for it to impact on.

Edit: It is more like Morrowind in that it is amazing, and not awful like Oblivion

Edited by Sheather

i hear EG rims camels.

• Like 2

the main reason i like it more than oblivion (note i only played a few hours of the latter) is because the physics are so much smoother. 'bliv just felt really...clunky.

the main reason i like it more than oblivion (note i only played a few hours of the latter) is because the physics are so much smoother. 'bliv just felt really...clunky.

Plus the whole plane of Oblivion sucked big time.

• Like 1

It is very different to both morrowind and oblivion. There are no stats like strength and willpower, instead you increase either health, magicka or stamina each level. And only 18 skills, no athletics or acrobatics, archery is considered a warrior skill and alchemy is considered a stealth skill - not that it matters, because you have no agi and such for it to impact on.

Edit: It is more like Morrowind in that it is amazing, and not awful like Oblivion

the changed stats sound interesting, simplifies gameplay i guess so even those not familiar with the freeworld rpg style game can easily play. I always used to be heavily into stealth, thieving and lockpicking etc. Cant wait to try it now. all the copies in my area have sold out though :'( as in none in the whole hervey bay/maryborough area whatsoever till the next batch comes in. oh well i wont have the cash till next week so it works out i guess xD

Plus the whole plane of Oblivion sucked big time.

yeah it was boring and repetitive.

Darkspark I'm working my way through the thieves guild stuff now, and though it isnt exactly 'challenging' it is still quit a lot of fun and i enjoy it.

On the note of them removing a lot of the agility, strength, etc. The game still plays quite similiar to if they were still in there. Its just got rid of a bit of redundancies. I can understand why you'd miss it if you wanted to hardcore role-play but imo its a change for the better. And they more than make up for it with the new way perks work :D

Oh and i met a character named Torsten today!

adasas

Edited by Teljkon

I haven't played a video game since 1991, but all your talk got me interested so I looked this AnalSky-rim thing up and watched some preview videos. At first I was like, "Ha ha, it's fucken dragons and vikings with American accents!" but then it suddenly looked really fucken awesome. Like, really awesome.

I'm so glad I don't have and x-box or whatever because I'd be seriously addicted to something like this.

Skyrim also adds back some of the fun of exploring dungeons - in Oblivion you would NEVER find any good items that weren't directly related to a quest, unlike in Morrowind when you could just stumble across Ibar-Dad, jizzign your pants and then realise you would never have found it unless you happened to walk by and check. That was the beauty of Morrowind.

Skyrim has still fucked up by losing spellcraft, limiting the amount of spells, giving spells to characters that are only available as you increase levels (I liked being able to buy a REALLY powerful spell that I had enough magicka to cast once at level 3), fucking with the amount of things that can be enchanted (no more permanent effect damage fatigue/health/magicka and pickpocketing them onto an enemy?), getting rid of chameleon, getting rid of levitation/jump spells (don't care if the cities are closed cells, if a mod can fix it in oblivion then they should have made it that way), getting rid of collectable crafting tools (loved being able to find grandmaster quality retorts, calcinators etc), making it so only one enchantment can be placed on an item (or 2 [WOW!] if you have 100 in enchanting), still leaving out mark/recall and the intervention spells, unkillable core characters, making good weapons armour not worth shit (ebony and glass items were like.. 12,000 gold apiece in morrowind... well worth collecting), providing quest markers on the compass/map (doesn't matter if you can turn them off, the game wasn't designed to be played with it off - Morrwind relied on the journal to provide directions to where you needed to go and if you had to find something, you actually had look), putting fucking 8 gold pieces inside a chest with a master lock rating, including SO MANY doors with a 'needs a key' rating that just simply shouldn't be there, giving characters keys that cannot be pickpocketed because of some irritating script event relying on you killing them, getting rid of unlock/lock spells, getting rid of spears, including so much dull real-world fauna, and probably a lot more that I can't remember.

It also did a lot better in some regards: alchemy is now actually interesting as well as restoration (wards were a good idea), dual hand control (awesome), companions (just waiting for that multiple followers mod... going to outfit all of them with masks..), shouts are interesting, physics used well, giving more options for raw resource collecting for smithing/alchemy/enchanting was a great addition, as well as the keeping of the black soul gem thing which was always lacking in morrowind. Also some improvements to the conjuration school (though the limitation of the actual list of things one can conjure is severely disappointing), the landscape looks beautiful (though after a while mountains begin to shit me and snow gets a bit old), the inclusion of an interesting faction-vs-faction conflict that the player can be involved in and, again, probably a lot more that I can't remember.

EDIT: also !?WTF!? no daedra other than Dremoras in Skyrim?

Edited by McTeeth

Still waiting on the game to arrive :ana: . Will it matter that ive not played any of the previous games in the series, or will it still be just as awesome?

I'm a bit hesitant to check it out too much online so it'll surprise me a bit more.

Shroom there are a few references you won't get, but otherwise the game will be just as good. When I found M'aiq the Liar I was like "OMG, Ben! (brother) Look look look look! I found M'aiq!" But most of the game doesn't have that kind of thing.

I fully agree with all of the points put forward by McTeeth. I'm hoping mods will be quick to release and will fix up a lot of that. I heard there is going to be a patch released on or after the 25th of Nov too which may improve a couple of things, though I think it will just be bug fixes.

EDIT: ESPECIALLY the spears! I created an Argonian and was like "What the SHIT? Where's my goddamned spears buddy?!"

Edited by Sheather

woot, couldn't find the game anytwhere for sale (sold out in my area) went into video easy and spoke tothe lady there get an ex rental copy for $60 instead of paying $90-109 at the game shop. Suckers i am now stoked. And to top it off the lady gave me my change twice so now i got to rent it free for a week, although i feel bad so ima probs call them and say ill drop the cash back in when i buy it next week !

everyone be prepared for me to come on rambling about all the cool stuff i find !

asdad

Edited by Teljkon

And to top it off the lady gave me my change twice so now i got to rent it free for a week, although i feel bad so ima probs call them and say ill drop the cash back in when i buy it next week !

That's a good idea mate. The till might be out at the end of the night leaving the lady looking dodgy.

I think if your screen is too small to read directions from the journal it would be too small to play Skyrim. I really liked how a lot of the time in Morrowind it was like "Head south of Balmora down the path, when the road forks, take the left path past Fort Moonmoth, the ruins will be on your right"

Rather than "Here I'll put this dot on your map - toodles"

I found it much more immersive, and realistic. I liked that you could get lost if you didn't follow everything right, it opened up a lot of exploring.

Oblivion was only fun for a couple of minutes, then for ages once I'd modded the crap out of it. Looking forward to Skyrim mods that will give - spellmaking, spears (and assorted other [balanced] weapons), darker caves (so you actually need torches or light spells), harder dragons, killable essential NPCs and children, remove the human status from animals (kill a pet dog and you get 1000 bounty - same as murder), more spell effects and more spells (like Midas magic did for oblivion), and possibly more that I can't think of right now.