The Corroboree
IceCube

QLD Schedules more cannabinoids

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/queensland-government-bans-synthetic-drugs-before-schoolies-week-celebrations/story-e6frfku0-1226195262918

Can't find a link to the actual list at the moment, however here it is:

1-Pentyl-3~1-naphlhoyl)indole (JWH 018)

2-((1 R,3S)-3-hydroxycyclohexyl)-5-(2-melhyloclan-2-yl)phenc> (CP 47,497)

9-(hydroxymethyl)-6,6-dimethyl-3-(2-methyloctan-2-yl).

6a, 7,1 0, 1 Oatetrahydrobenzo[c)chromen-1-ol (HU-210)

1-propyl-2-melhyl-3-(1-naphlhoyl)indole (JWH-015)

1-hexyl-3-(1-naphlhoyl)indole (JWH-019)

1-butyl-3-(1 -naphlhoyl)indole (JWH-073)

1-pentyl-3..( 4-methoxy-1-naphlhoyl)indole (JWH-081)

1-Penlyl-3~ 4-melhyl-l-naphlhoyl)indole (JWH.122)

1-[2-(4-Morpholinyl}ethyl)-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-200)

2-(4-methoxyphenyl}-1-(1-pentyl-1 h-indol-3-yl)-ethanone (JWH 201 )

1 -pen lyl-3~2-<:hlorophenylacelyl)indole (JWH 203)

1 -penlyl-3~ 4-elhyl-l-naphlhoyl)indole (JWH 210)

2-(2-Methoxyphenyl )-1 -( 1-pentylindol-3-yI }ethanone (JWH-250)

2-( 3-m elhoxyphenyl )-l-{ 1-pentylindol-3-yI }ethanone (JWH 302)

1-penlyl-3-(4-<:hloro- l -naphlhoyl)indole (JWH-398)

1-pentyl-3-[( 4-methoxy)-benzoyl]indole (RCS-4)

4-methoxyphenyl(1 butyl-1 H-indol-3-yl)-methanone (RCS-4 (C4))

1-cyclohexylelhyl-3-(2-methoxyphenylacetyl)indole (RCS-8)

1-(5-fl uoropentyl)-~2-iodobenzoyl)i ndole (AM-6I14)

1-(5-fluoropentyl}-3-( 1-naphthoyl)indole (AM 2201)

Pravadoline (WIN 48098)

5-(1 , 1-Dimelhyloctyl)-2-((1 R,3S)-3-hydroxycycJohexyl(-phenol

(Cannablcyclohexanol or CP 47, 497 C8 Homologue)

wtf! so they are banning all herb preperations???

There are other chemicals, but they were the cheapest/most common!

Good call on T offloading all his JWH 018 a couple months ago ;). Saw it coming a miile away.

Edited by Kee

This was in the locale today. :bong:

Ban on synthetic drugs before schoolies

15 November 2011 AAP

THE Queensland Government has expanded a ban on drugs that mimic the effect of cannabis ahead of schoolies week celebrations.

Attorney-General Paul Lucas said a further 19 cannabinoids, which are used to make fake illicit drugs such as the synthetic cannabis Kronic, have been outlawed.

Mr Lucas said anyone caught selling them now risked between 15 and 20 years in jail.

"This ban is a message to shops that want to sell drugs like fake marijuana in Queensland: it's not on," Mr Lucas said.

"Synthetic drugs like Kronic can still affect people the same way as marijuana including affecting their ability to operate vehicles safely and their judgment in risky situations, not to mention their mental health."

Mr Lucas said the Government moved last month to amend the Drugs Misuse Act to make it clear it is illegal to sell anything intended to have the same effect as a banned substance.

"Once this law is passed, no amount of tinkering with the chemical compounds used will allow a retailer to claim the substances they are using aren't banned," he said.

"It will mean people selling products, even if they've changed the recipe in an attempt to exploit a technicality, will face the same stiff penalties as if they were selling a substance listed as banned."

Source: http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/stories/49302771.php

"Mr Lucas said the Government moved last month to amend the Drugs Misuse Act to make it clear it is illegal to sell anything intended to have the same effect as a banned substance.

"Once this law is passed, no amount of tinkering with the chemical compounds used will allow a retailer to claim the substances they are using aren't banned," he said."

so anything out there claiming to be like mj (synthetic or not) is gonna become illegal??? so lions tail, lotus and the like???

so anything out there claiming to be like mj (synthetic or not) is gonna become illegal??? so lions tail, lotus and the like???

You never know. In Louisiana USA, Damiana is illegal. Damiana!

all of these compounds have been illegal in Qld since the the 6th of september as they are all analogs of the 3 compounds that were scheduled then. There are already several cases proceeding under the previous set up. The new list is just to provide more certainty.

Here is the actual amendment bill

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/Search/isysquery/191142af-7d08-428f-beae-4832e728ad40/1/doc/CriminalOLAB11Exp.pdf#xml=http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/Search/isysquery/191142af-7d08-428f-beae-4832e728ad40/1/hilite/

Clause 44 provides that Part 6 amends the Drugs Misuse Act 1986.

Clause 45 amends section 4 (Definitions) to insert a new definition of

‘Australian Crime Commission’ and to amend the definition of ‘dangerous

drug’ by replacing the phrase at paragraph ©: ‘and that has a substantially

similar pharmacological effect’ with the phrase: ‘and that - (i) has a

substantially similar pharmacological effect; or (ii) is intended, or

apparently intended, to have a substantially similar pharmacological

effect’.

• Like 1

Here is the actual amendment bill

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/Search/isysquery/191142af-7d08-428f-beae-4832e728ad40/1/doc/CriminalOLAB11Exp.pdf#xml=http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/Search/isysquery/191142af-7d08-428f-beae-4832e728ad40/1/hilite/

Clause 44 provides that Part 6 amends the Drugs Misuse Act 1986.

Clause 45 amends section 4 (Definitions) to insert a new definition of

‘Australian Crime Commission’ and to amend the definition of ‘dangerous

drug’ by replacing the phrase at paragraph ©: ‘and that has a substantially

similar pharmacological effect’ with the phrase: ‘and that - (i) has a

substantially similar pharmacological effect; or (ii) is intended, or

apparently intended, to have a substantially similar pharmacological

effect’.

So, in the 'DMT & Schoolies' thread the video 'High Stakes' Matt the person making the JWH-??? Etc. Claims some along those lines would therefore all of his products be deemed illegal under this new definition? :huh:

yes. that's the point of the new legislation.

there is a separate thread discussing that amendment though, so please keep discussion there as it is not actually relevant to this thread.

Yeah i saw the other one you started Torsten.

Feel free to post the link elsewhere, it took a while to find it.

Not quite on topic but i could not find the thread i wanted to post it in.. but here is an article talking about the health effects of these substances and it growing use and detection in the military.

I wouldn't take anything from this news source as gospel, but it makes an interesting read.

Heres the link http://www.adelaiden...3-1226233544894

EDIT : if any of the mods want to move this to the relevant thread, please do. ( too munted to find it )

Edited by tipz

So what they are basically saying is anything that hits your cb1/2 receptors is deemed illegal.. well isn't that a bit stupid? It's only a wild guess.. but my prediction would be that instead of synth cannabinoids they will just simply use O-Desmethyltramadol, MXE, or benzo derivatives? Yes these could ALL come under the analogue act. but they're not going to claim whats really in them, meaning that they have no particular test to detect any of them.. unless it's taken in for proper analysis. They're just going to test for cannabinoids.. nothing will show up. So they'll let it go as a 'legal incense'.

Fucking idiots... :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Im disgusted in the entire legal incence situation selling one product under the guise of another when in fact your purchasing a chemical lucky dip is piss poor form IMO just this week ive witnessed some very troubling side effects in mates (quite a few of them miners with very dangerous jobs) from products they have purchased locally here in QLD symptoms have included, delusional states, chorea, sweating, nausea, vomiting. one guy I know who smokes this shit is an explosives tech. Its quite clear were not dealing with cannabinoids anymore I for one hope they do ban the sale of legal incence blends here in QLD befor the situation gets out of hand.

Responsible adults should have the right to utilise any chemical they deem fit, they shouldnt have to guess and hope for the best

• Like 2

Your not wrong dude.. back when Kronic was legal you could choose the potency and knew what you were getting yourself into. Nowadays it's just all brand names there's almost no option to select the potency you want. Northern Lights have still got the different blends/strengths.. but even still.. I tried the ICE blend the other day and it has been stained aqua blue(the herbage), was extremely harsh and only provided a mild high. It's most definitely a lucky dip thesedays, there's been a few brands of incense that I've smoked and they will either do next to nothing or they will give me an INSTANT panic attack, making you feel as if your about to have a heart attack. Several of my friends have also reported similar effects from the stronger blends.

If they're not going to regulate anything then they may aswell ban the whole lot as it's becoming too dangerous now.. the government only has themselves to blame aswell. They are the ones who scheduled the original/harmless compounds and have turned manufacturers onto more unknown/un-tested ones to bring out legally. It's kind of frustrating in a way.. as they ranted n raved about the first Kronic blends being unsafe and having potential to cause more harm than alcohol/cannabis when a NZ lab proved them to be LESS harmful.. Now by not listening to those who know more about these things they have created a whole new world of legal highs which are infact dangerous and probably more harmful than cannabis (I HATE alcohol).. so now the government is sitting back thinking they were right all along about them being dangerous when really the first ones released back in the day were not!

It's most definitely a lucky dip thesedays, there's been a few brands of incense that I've smoked and they will either do next to nothing or they will give me an INSTANT panic attack, making you feel as if your about to have a heart attack.

Funny you say this. In Victoria i bought a zero gravity blend. Smoked too much (a full cone) at EGA and had a freakout! Bad panic attack, thought i was having a heart attack, couldnt walk or breathe properly. Etheraldrifter ended up bringing me water and calming me down (thanks man!) It was very intense!!! I would really like to know what was in that blend so i can stay away from it :P