The Corroboree
bit

What did you do to your cacti today?

You´re probably not even joking. :)

No, I don't think he is..

-

In all seriousness though, if I had such pansy-ass scopuliculas that they couldn't handle a *housecat* brushing into them without falling over I'd chop them up and find another use for them :P Lol, I mean, we're not talking about livestock here..

Edited by nitrogen
  • Like 2

Snowfella, I meant dont you worry the tricho will grow and spine to death the nearby mammi ? (last pic) ....

had this happen in a large pot, but there seems to be longer distance.... just saying, not meaning to get you alarmed..

now whats this ... a terschecki?? it will take off , no?

===

and now to the real point of the thread which is when killing shit is justified

in my opinion , and I hate physical violence (so guns would prove useful to me in an extreme conflict)

is that I would even kill a human if I felt like it - thats like it, If I felt like too, like the us crime thrillers on the countless imaginary and real serial killers sprouting (:P) from the US continent

but thats just a rush... there no real such culture where I am ... I have broken into my house mulitple times when I lost or forgot keys...

but to the point (!??)

In my opinion, if there was not USA, there wouldnt be so violence in the whole world.. except from americans, all other nations seem to be more justice... of course I accept and respect and even worship some us creations, musics, films, arts. okey, I say this... but anywayz...

the american is an american... a people without nations, who thinks he has the world by the balls.

the true or false anti-merican is a reality.... the thing is: what you do?

do you fucking have a humoar??

and I have to finish the fucking story so :

and when I borrowed the air riffle from a friend (after failing to poison them magpies and getting me possibly intoxicated trying to fuck up the meat with insectides) , it was becasue I knew scarecrows work on magpies so I would make one with a corpse of their kind (my idea) and not kill them all (so I knew)

but them fuckers are so smart.. they knew I hate them and there's no magpie in the whole area... and I spot one big bird ....

and I am glad I didn't shoot it . I had it! it was a blackbird/merl - I know them too can cause shit to plants.. but it was magpies that year...

but cats?? cant shoot them man.... I have possibly even given food to the cats that have fucked up my lophos in the past.. Once I even had one of those cats, a white one , probably the dominant female in the neibourhood "introduce" me to my own roof, showing her fave spots and all...

love cats, mostly wild or semiwild ones

thats why I dont own one

cause you dont own cats

it wasnt females/girls or any humans that did it for me in some department

it was cats god damn it

one of the first girlfriends was jealous of cats lol

dont fucking shoot cats...

unless you are possitive you are doing the right thing lol the right thing. okey yr thing!

so dont give me that "I shoot it, it suffers a horribly painful memory, but the cats is not hurt"

blow the god damn cat in the air , if you can afford.... and if you have to..

if it did so much harm to your preciuous plant (even if you're not sure it was that cat that did it)

shoot the fucker... just dont give me the violent american childhood

as an excuse for the specific need:

plant pests confrontation....

fuck this cat, shoot it , if it works for ya!

and like Auxin maybe implies , kill some and the others will go to the funeral

or kill some at the begining

and then only wave the grenade launcher to the fuckers and they will flee

fuck I have to explain more

when I say USA fuckers, I expect those people in the forum be exceptions to the usual idiots US citizens are!

dont be fucking pussies and get the fuck over it

there is war everywhere, airplanes are shot down, Ukrania and what not....

fuck those bad words I say... there are no bad words.. only bad intentions.... remember that

and yeah thats what I did with with cacti today... the dont need so much attention

I went with a friend and her 3 yo child for a swim, thats what I did to my cacti. because her husband dont take her to anywayz

In all seriousness though, if I had such pansy-ass scopuliculas that they couldn't handle a *housecat* brushing into them without falling over I'd chop them up and find another use for them :P Lol, I mean, we're not talking about livestock here..

Hey!! Back off my plants! You don't know how huge and scary my neighborhood's tabby cats are! ;)

And it's only a seedling. You can see it's a bit top heavy beacuse it's starting to get so fat now. He'll be fine, the ground was just very wet due to HUGE amounts of rain and the soil is quite soft in that planter box. If I chopped all my seedlings up when they were this size I wouldn't have many plants to grow up in the future, would I! ;)

BTW - the cat's been back in there since I stood it back up, didn't knock it over this time but it did leave a tuft of hair on the same cactus.

• Like 1

Mutant, how many americans do you have on ur facebook page?

as if we have the monopoly on bad culture... we have monopolistic ppl that control alot of things here.... but one of the things they can't control is self destructive culture around the globe, and while I don't deny that some of the ignorance in the world is manufactured in america, the good majority of this is old cultural bullshit.... the factor is human psychlogy and there are greedy sellouts in every nation and 322 million of us happend to be born into one which has played the opportunist role throughout our entire lives.. We have a very complex system here which has confused alot of people... I can promise you one thing this machine is so tight that you can only correct whats wrong with americas international attitude from the inside out .. but power can change anyone too its a double edged sword... but to distance yourself from the goodness in america, is to distance yourself from the goodness in all people, IMMFO The good majority recognize this as a machine and most of them want to change the machine

but its inevitable that such a huge machine will change you if you throw your body into the moving parts...

We Americans get your point, your outlook on the world would be better if america was out of the picture...I don't think your problems would be fixed because of that tho nor do I think you are making the world any better by re-iterating your anti american opinions about anything you can relate it to in the cactus forum... would love to discuss it out in the other sections tho, like get to the root of all the dumb shit in the world and then try to come to some middle ground on just how much of world ignorance is american sourced. maybe if we talk that out constructively we could end up doing a collabo and turn it into some hip hop or some other viable movement. frankly im glad to see these nations step up to american hegenomy and I really think the market worshippers should love competition cause its builds character! eh

i know ur not the average everyday cat someone might run into i respect ur differences and appreciate ur greek wierdness.... I think you'd agree with more americans than you'd think but with your attitude and vulgarity you might never find out... the most difficult thing ANYONE can do is to know themselves, theres not a more challenging journey than the internal one and alot of the shock of the past couple decades has inspired alot of thinking and insight, probably everywhere but especially here in the states. i recommend you not worry about america and our problems and really truly focus on your own... we have one thing in common that inspires us which is Cacti and I think we both can agree that its nice to have a place we can come to where boundaries can be erased so that our passion for these beautiful plants can be expressed! To sum it up, you are venting at the choir!

anyways tho, I just wanna point that that you spewed your opinions in the wrong section, but vent your failures on us all you want, in another section please my brother.... im not gonna hate you for it, its just annoying and certainly not productive.... its probably not very humurous to americans that have stress and anxiety either... chances are just another drunk mistake... i feel sorry for that and don't tell me not to cause after i quit drinking i've felt the same way about anyone that drinks excessively, and though I can't say I haven't been there, I found a better way to solve problems, which takes into account but doesn't rely completely on, how I feel. Pain is dealt with up front instead of drinking it away, because im not a pussy. Meanwhile im realizing that I sort of built this fear around the idea of my ex drinking buddies... each one of them seemed to me like an emotional whirlpool, only trying to bring me back down, be it unintentionally, while I was trying to make up for lost time, having wasted so much life, and instead lift myself back up.

but any fucking ways, back to the point..

what did I do to my cactus today, not a damn thing...

oh yeah I did trim a pereskiopsis big whoopdeedoo

I lied I guess

I was gonna degraft my largest graft, pot it and perform several opuntia grafts

but then i got high

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 4

That is quite a response(s) mutant... Going to just bite my lip.

Anyways. I found a crested pup on one of my seed grown Sulcorebutia rauschii today and grafted it Super stoked to get a crest from seed. Hopefully it'll keep going. Grafted it to a pretty big pachanoi.

• Like 1

Snowfella, I meant dont you worry the tricho will grow and spine to death the nearby mammi ? (last pic) ....

had this happen in a large pot, but there seems to be longer distance.... just saying, not meaning to get you alarmed..

now whats this ... a terschecki?? it will take off , no?

Guess at some stage I'm going to have to rearrange that bed for that very reason. They used to be spaced pretty far but now it's less than 10cm between the plants. Unfortunately it's not really a place I can let a terschecki grow till maturity so it's likely that one that will have to go, no idea what I would do with it once that happends though.

• Like 1

Right me olde weekend warriors and sleep needers ....

Cats are gods ( and have a right to impunity ) and should be the ones doing the shooting anyway! :devil:

:innocent_n:

look at govt n forces , its blatant civillians need guns :o I think cats should have that right also though, not just also but first x]

there would be less put up and shut up namby pamby govt cock cleaners if we had them here :P

checked the vallidoid for rootaje but fuck all yet, same with the fake penis

checked the kikko loph and yay 3 roots!!post-14443-0-30490800-1406979785_thumb.j

the flowering loph has extra long petals !!!post-14443-0-80121100-1406976286_thumb.j :wub:

and i cant stop gawping at these new cuttings especially this validus muttpost-14443-0-92919900-1406979269_thumb.j :wub:

and to finally have a peruvianus that really is onepost-14443-0-18646100-1406979324_thumb.j....

one very delighted hoss is mepost-14443-0-04564400-1406979764_thumb.j

i noticed the plant i was told here was probably "knuthianus" that i bought as pachanoi from Germany

is starting to look even more identical to the altman strain monstruose

can you tell the difference from the pics? or take a guess which one is which?

pic1post-14443-0-52387400-1406979924_thumb.j pic2post-14443-0-60920700-1406979988_thumb.j

miaw

glad to see my first ever loph i bought have come back to health and swelling nicely and very much prefer this media and plastic pot

than the good for nuthing terrashitta potpost-14443-0-79985200-1406982544_thumb.j

-still cant get over them having only totalled £31 from the uk cactus heaven , they were a helluva lot smaller 2 n a half yrs ago tho

more craziness from bridgesii going on , at least they got thru the black rotpost-14443-0-60648200-1406989914_thumb.jpost-14443-0-15896800-1406989934_thumb.j

found my new fave shade of cactus greenpost-14443-0-86786900-1406989974_thumb.j

checked new growth on pachanoipost-14443-0-93978800-1406990019_thumb.j

colossuspost-14443-0-66117700-1406990026_thumb.j

juul'spost-14443-0-07097500-1406990033_thumb.j

candicans is finally doing that luminous plastic green thing i adore it so much forpost-14443-0-78231600-1406990042_thumb.j

germinatia not looking as nice as I would have liked by nowpost-14443-0-95405800-1406990060_thumb.jpost-14443-0-62253000-1406990068_thumb.j

cept for these validuspost-14443-0-92736200-1406990405_thumb.j

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00115.JPG

DSC00116.JPG

DSC00120.JPG

DSC00121.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

DSC00119.JPG

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

DSC00125.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

DSC00132.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00115.JPG

DSC00116.JPG

DSC00120.JPG

DSC00121.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

DSC00119.JPG

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

DSC00125.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

DSC00132.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

SpineColl>>

In my opinion, if there was not USA, there wouldnt be so violence in the whole world.. except from americans, all other nations seem to be more justice... of course I accept and respect and even worship some us creations, musics, films, arts. okey, I say this... but anywayz...

the american is an american... a people without nations, who thinks he has the world by the balls.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's drunk mutants idea of smart provocation :BANGHEAD2:

nah, if there was no America, the rest of the world would have died of boredom

I love reading about serial killers

I didnt plan this to be a serious talk, you bring on some serious points.

my weirdness is not greek, fuck greece

and yeah you're right: me drunk and internet is becoming a really sick venting machine...

Yes,.... Be normal you farking greek,...."normal is already weird enough!" :wink: hahaha,..... no worries mutant,... I also find americans a bit strange,....the thing is I can't put my finger on it,.... ohhh well,... maybe it's just me! :scratchhead:

A lop with KIKKO you said SnowFella....?!?! This kinda just blew my mind. I am just learning all the therms for the Astros,... and never really applied it to any other spp. A revelation for sure!! That is a cool cultivar aim,.... Loph's with more and more KIKKO in them.

• Like 1

Well I didn't come SAB in the first place to ever discuss politics but for me it is sort of an online refuge

from the typical american views I might find on facebook... really we're alot of different types of people

in one huge place and alot of people forget that because we're judged by our misleaders. Im not

gonna sit here and act like people don't suck... Im from Dallas which has a reputation for having

our fair share of snooty people... this is also the belt buckle of the bible belt... shouldn't be much

of a surprise then why someone like me wants to move far away from here, but it sorta feels like

alot of things are changing in a lot of places and quite fast

how would you like if I found the worst example of something civilized in your land and then spoke

to you as if you were that kind of slob... and excuse me if you live in the land of perfect people, save

me a plane flight cause I wanna see that :P I know there is a growing trend in the world to blame

us americans for not having done something about these injustices, and all I can say is that the

ones who have dedicated their fucking lives to work to make us come across as a better neighbor

to the rest of the world, are entirely neglected but thats okay cause true hearts never sellout for

some attention... these types of ppl, the best for everyone around them, require inspiration, of the

type you can only find in others... not spewed hate and to carry the weight and blame for all the

things they are actually working to change.. I used to think I'd become one of those type, in fact

I always thought I was, but frankly people let me down so much that i've just sorta run dry on

giving a fuck beyond the possibility of perhaps inspiring someone or passing on some of my

learned lessons to maybe someone who will actually have a positive impact on the world someday

it can be expected to find negative attitudes all over the net, but I just didn't expect it here in the

cactus forum.. i thought you were done with the previous post and then this last one inspired some

anxiety.... fuck well we might have a few cat haters here, but we also have some of the fattest

most spoiled cats too! (pun intended) ... but anyways... you'd probably think differently about

air pinching a cat with a cotton ball if you'd ever seen an alley way full of feral cats. but

nobody's hating, I love pussy.

its nice to be in a place where I can agree with lots of people, i've always enjoyed understanding

world perspective from a more offshore pov but really I came here because of cacti... the events

in the world are frustrating and stressful to those of us who give a fuck... i'll personally say that

I think zionism and islam are both a curse on human progress, but not any more than christianity, in fact

the 3 sort of feed off of each other its is a most absurd psychological quagmire...it almost make american materialism

seem appealing but is more like a result of that plus a combination of factors ... I do wonder if perhaps our own human

psychology can act as natures governor... if im mother nature and I can observe the last 2,000 years of

human behavior, i'd assume that I made some mistakes... good thing for the internet we might

have never known about alot of them :P

well anyways im done talking about it in this section... sorry folks

oh yeah I finally cut off that graft today it fell down, was laying in some sand and I don't even think any spines broke...

that was the original plan to pot the first one when it falls and then just be careful after that lol its supposed to be Peruvianus

Huancamba seedling but looks very cuzcoid, single sprout in a batch of seeds .,, I cut a coupe more peres, been doing

that one by one as they reach my lights and rooting them in bunches, but its getting ridiculous.

but anyways im gonna do some grafts today damnit

probably gonna have a coffee and let that wear off before i start tho

gonna do a big project maybe like 50 - 100 grafts, not sure if im up for starting

today tho.. time will tell.. after that i've got to pot up a bunch of seedlings and grafts,

well over 100, and ship some off to some ppl when i get some munny

• Like 3

I up-potted some cacti, tooks some shots, spent some time nurturing and observing my cacti.

Feel much better now, I will come back with notes and photos in a couple hours

cheers

• Like 3

He just mad because in Greece they eat their young and everybody knows about it..

• Like 3

A cacti-morphized cartoon depiction of mutant the morning after posting on SAB:

post-146-0-37403400-1406998136.jpg

Cactus_Vomit.jpg

Cactus_Vomit.jpg

• Like 4

lol

some notes and interesting pics on pachanoi crests, bridgesii crests and Eulychnia

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35188#entry474756

SpineCollector sorry to have caused negativity on your thoughts mate, I dont even dislike america at 1/4 of what I posed to... its more on the politics side and I have made lots of nasty arguments (IRL) these last two years for politics ...

back on topic...

I would understand it if people kill a cat or hurt a cat for fucking up with a fave plant or something...

people kill cats and train their dogs to chase cats for no reason except they perhaps hate what cat represents..

I almost killed a blackbird , and it was not hunting season... I hated magpies to the death that year... but it was a year their population hit a peak... we had lots of rubbish left unattended due to strike of rubbish - collectors that year also , so... they thrived... .

I just have a soft spot for cats.. they shit and piss in my pots and patches, they did damage in tha past, I just have a soft spot for them fuckers... maybe the thing I worship, adore, respect and love most in this strange world is cats. the whole family... except perhaps for lions...

and all those damages I had were one-off, seasonal things, well you cant go against nature.. even the damn magpies...

its spiredmite I am more concerned, never had this thing in the past in trichos, and thankfully it seems mites gradually are less active as days pass by...

it was and still is a strange summer, lots cooler and with more rain and clouds than any I can remember. its august nad its still cool here today.

cheers

• Like 2

weed...hate it more that cats and rats. spent a couple of hours bending my aching back to remove most of the weed on a"few" seedlings.

post-11286-0-37302800-1407013656_thumb.j

post-11286-0-13879500-1407013840_thumb.j

post-11286-0-90452900-1407013889_thumb.j

post-11286-0-70563100-1407013912_thumb.j

post-11286-0-86212000-1407013922_thumb.j

post-11286-0-37302800-1407013656_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-13879500-1407013840_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-90452900-1407013889_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-70563100-1407013912_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-86212000-1407013922_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-37302800-1407013656_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-13879500-1407013840_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-90452900-1407013889_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-70563100-1407013912_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-86212000-1407013922_thumb.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 10

and next week I will deal with these...

post-11286-0-78701300-1407014487_thumb.j

post-11286-0-70143700-1407014494_thumb.j

post-11286-0-78701300-1407014487_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-70143700-1407014494_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-78701300-1407014487_thumb.jpg

post-11286-0-70143700-1407014494_thumb.jpg

Edited by slice
  • Like 7

haha that weeding does not look like a fun time, a tip for next time to make it easier for you is not to let them go to flower/seed!

• Like 2

I know... and my drawer is full of seed to sow... :wacko:

• Like 1

Wow. The last 10 posts or so had me laughing out loud (for real, not just saying it)

Here's my crested rauschii pup that I found! Just take my word that it's crested. I swear I'm not crying wolf this time.

post-12824-0-21641900-1407026182_thumb.j

post-12824-0-21641900-1407026182_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-21641900-1407026182_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well, that escalated quickly...

I attempted my first graft today, super pedro x psycho0 0 onto a m.geometrizans...

Edited by Glaukus
  • Like 1

BTW, I'm not a cat hater. I have 3 cats myself...

• Like 2

I'm circrling a couple of sibling Caripari : Neoraimondia herzogiana trying to decide how to repot them & what to repot them into?

One is 80cm in an 8" plastic but its sibling is only about 5" in a 6" standard plastic & has sulked for the past year or two.

I'm told that they give the tastiest of all fruit, and not just cactus fruit so i an pretty keen to keep them happy. This might need another coffee and a walk around :scratchhead:

Has anyone here tried pumice stone mixes with perhaps 2-5% organic matter ?

• Like 1

I'm circrling a couple of sibling Caripari : Neoraimondia herzogiana trying to decide how to repot them & what to repot them into?

One is 80cm in an 8" plastic but its sibling is only about 5" in a 6" standard plastic & has sulked for the past year or two.

I'm told that they give the tastiest of all fruit, and not just cactus fruit so i an pretty keen to keep them happy. This might need another coffee and a walk around :scratchhead:

Has anyone here tried pumice stone mixes with perhaps 2-5% organic matter ?

I have used nearly 100% pumice with worm castings for some slow growing globular plants.

• Like 1