The Corroboree
bit

What did you do to your cacti today?

I bought a tunnelhouse for all my plants, moved everyone into their new home and gave them a fertilize with Seasol.

Also notice my normal pachanoi pup from a pachanoi crest has thrown another two pups at the top

• Like 1

Nice! Yep, that's it, this hot house I've got milling over in my head is coming out to manifest.

Just found out some of my seedling containers had root mealies. Decided its time for chemical warfare and treated my whole collection with Imidacloprid. Killed everything alive anywhere near the seedling containers i sprayed. Had a lil accident and spilled half a liter in my latex glove. What a day for a daydream.

Freed up two more root bound bridgesii into 13” terracotta, then used the pots they were in to finally pot the last of my P.D Pack, an icaro peruvi & J1 x Pach PC. I’ve planted the icaro on that angle to straighten it out.

post-7065-0-35711600-1328955354_thumb.jp

post-7065-0-86331600-1328955399_thumb.jp

post-7065-0-05042700-1328955424_thumb.jp

post-7065-0-35711600-1328955354_thumb.jpg

post-7065-0-86331600-1328955399_thumb.jpg

post-7065-0-05042700-1328955424_thumb.jpg

post-7065-0-35711600-1328955354_thumb.jpg

post-7065-0-86331600-1328955399_thumb.jpg

post-7065-0-05042700-1328955424_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Performing surgery on one of my San Pedros. I haven't been too diligent about checking the weather and bringing them in if rain is due, and so it has some kind of fungal thing. Lesson learnt, hopefully I've caught it in time.

Did four tiny little seed grown loph grafts.

I had them in a big pot together and I must have been giving them more water than the poor wee souls could handle, so hopefully i managed to save them! :unsure:

I re-potted some seed grown Ariocarpus which was long over due. They were in their original pot from about... 6 years ago. (?) what was interesting about this process, actually two things. 1:it was nice to see the full plant, 80% of the plant is underground most of the time. - it was nice to see all of it. I found some old healed rot too which was good to know. # 2 notice the two pots at the top of the pic. the one on the left was my old mix which was roughly 50% cactus mix, 30% fine sand and 20% perlite. my new mix on the right ( and yet to be tested) is about 25% cactus mix 30% washed course river sand ( only the big bits) 40% screened decomposed granite (about 3mm) and 5% shell grit. ~ or there about. Probably the most important thing that has improved with my growing over the years with all plant types is growing medium. whether it be in the ground or in a pot, getting the root zone correct goes a long way towards a healthy plant. (note: after I took this pic I added more granite.)

IMG_0721.jpg

• Like 2

Just carried a 750 kilo greenhouse up my hill all by myself because the carrier said it would weigh 75 kilos on the phone. Caus thats what was written on the invoice. Made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside before my morning coffee. :uzi: what a lol-orious morning.

• Like 2

was checking on a loph fruit and saw a flower bud, 2hrs later it opened up and i hand pollenated it

003c9fe2.jpg

repotted some peres, watered and took a snapshot of a bogan clone thats tripple pupped!

1ac1c448.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see them pupping from the middle of the plant, C_T. Im sure this will look gorgeous when bigger.

Just moved the greenhouse parts inside. Also threw away some old seed containers that contain seeds i dont want to give a second run next summer. But decided to keep the Seed Containers with old knize seed from last year because im sure that there will be germinations after a few trials. All i need is one seedling that grows into a plant.

Then i checked the seedlings in their winter quarters and wasnt really happy with one container in which some seedlings looked a little bit shrivelled up. Like fungally shrivelled up. Now its possible they looked like this because i usually dont water over winter but as i want to make sure i dont lose the whole container, i took it upstairs with me to have better control over the conditions.

Just ordered some organic anti-fungicide called celaflor naturene which consists of pure sulphur, a bottle of a liquid fungicide called Saprol and a bottle of fertilizer to get seedlings faster over the difficult early stages. Will probably treat some of the rarest seedlings from now on in case they look sick to prevent losses from fungal infections. You know, it doesnt help if you grow all your cacti organic but lose some of them to fungal infections, mealies and spidermites. In some cases, i just dont want to take the risk anymore because i sometimes plant seed that is really rare and expensive so i will be damned if i would fuck it up just because i need to grow everything organically at all costs. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

I'm scared to transplant my little babies,... because the lizards are all over the place and eyeing every fresh new green growth ...... have to make a lizard proof enclosure.... I thought I did that for my peresk cuts ,.....but the F'ers found a way through.....

nother thing is that the rainey season almost over and the heat is just to deadly if unintended for 1 or 2 days.......

they are fine now in their humidity boxes..... they are on minimal humidity.

so busy. hardly andy time to give proper care to my babies right now.

• Like 1

I took some tape off some grafts, looks like they have all taken, more crests and lophs to spread around :) Misted the bloody loph seedlings then patted my big lophs.

I kicked an old pedro that had fallen over with his mate who were obviously drunk last night, i then stared at the rest of the plants in the immediate area and told them to get fucked, it rained the other day so suck it up ya not gettn anything from me today, then i went inside and glared at them through the window. I could hear them laughing at me, smart arses.

• Like 5

HAHAHA made my day PD

fuck that you had me, way too graphi

Edited by C_T

today the 3 pupper is now 5!!!

8ca799ad.jpg

totally natural, no bap or anything. miracle grow 1/4 strength every 2 weeks or so this growing season, cut about 1.5foot elongated pup off it about 3 or 4 weeks ago (maybe 6 - 8 i loose track of time).

• Like 1

Did a few loph grafts, re potted some tricho seedlings, took some hylo cuts for grafting stocks, watered a few cacti, got a sunburnt neck, cleaned up the greenhouse a bit, collected some fresh seed, sowed some of said seed and hand pollinated this nice big loph since it flowered today>>>>>

p1000610.jpg

• Like 5

Well today i stared at my cacti admiring there beauty noticed one of my pach's has a base pup :) I also looked at my seedlings and gave them a little bit of fertiliser. I pulled apart a rotting cacti to save some of his pups(dam this humid weather) also thought about feeding mu trich's but i think they can wait another day or two

Photographed them. So I can hopefully find out wha the hell they all are.

Removed dead snails from around pots : ) (better than inspecting daily new damage)

Watered those who appeared thisrtier.

Heard a great deal of excitement from them, when I mentioned i'd been inspired to plant a few of them out.

Turned pots 1/4 turn.

Repotted a couple, just to get a better guage on root growth at various points in the season.

Inspected a few very colourful, interesting bugs about.

today I watered my cactus in the nude so I didn't feel left out. new pups on my eileen, bruce, psyco and pach

potted up some pach and lance cuts took some pereskiopsis grafts outside to start getting a lil sun

noticed some strange growth on one of my pach's

:)

I did nothing to my cactus today as all my seedlings are in takeaway containers.

i did notice that my pycho0 has thrown a pup and so has my bunning cactus. i did fert with coconut milk about 3-4 weeks ago :)

sorry about the pics there from my phone

th_30b57010.jpgth_8783ae4c.jpg

th_be95b8dd.jpgth_1e6e4426.jpg

• Like 1

Coconut milk? :scratchhead:

Hi Tonic, Coconut milk is being used in many recipes as an admixture for in-vitro culture media. Its actually the perfect nutrient. bye Eg

Hi Tonic, Coconut milk is being used in many recipes as an admixture for in-vitro culture media. Its actually the perfect nutrient. bye Eg

Hey Eg i was just wondering what makes coconut the perfect nutrient

Well, it contains sugar, vitamins, protein, antioxidants, minerals and provides an isotonice electrolyte balance. It also is sterile. It can even be used as a liquid injection as some kind of electrolyte solution.

Edited by Evil Genius