The Corroboree
bit

What did you do to your cacti today?

I reckon it would look cool with two Bridgesii, although it's a bit hard to get a feel for the size of the hole (incognito can probably help with that hehe)..

What kind of soil is that? You might want to add something to the bottom for drainage.

weed and cleaned my cactus area

gave seasol with powerfeed to my established trichs, repootted a larger one

pulled tape off some trich grafts (which seem to have taken!) did a few more grafts, removed peres grafts from humidity, potted up some peres

gave the slow growers a lil water, got bored and grafted a cereus pup and some other ornamental pups onto some peres

was a very productive day

Hey danshaman, did you get my seeds/PMs?

I reckon it would look cool with two Bridgesii, although it's a bit hard to get a feel for the size of the hole (incognito can probably help with that hehe)..

What kind of soil is that? You might want to add something to the bottom for drainage.

It's pretty clay like. I've got perlite, seed raising mix and worm castings to fix it up with. I was going to put a bed of perlite down to start with then the fixed up soil.

It's pretty clay like. I've got perlite, seed raising mix and worm castings to fix it up with. I was going to put a bed of perlite down to start with then the fixed up soil.

sounds like a good idea maybe you might want to break up some of the clay at the bottom first and remove it and then put down the perlite or even just some rocks or something im not quite sure lol any one else think that will help?

sure did chilli :) I'm sure if you check your pm's you will find a message from me.

I finally got around to doing my first graft - Loph > Pach!!

Fingers crossed it takes.

Chef

• Like 1

nice stuff chef

hope it takes I've done a lil bit grafting lost a few but startin to get the hang of it

good lucK!

I recently chopped the two offshoots from my pachanot for callousing & replanting, and in hacking off a one inch (if that) long peice to tidy one up, decided to plant this tiny sample. Lo & behold, this midget must be rooting, because it's shooting out a pup already, and the base is swelling with hydration. There was a lot of talking to her, goading her if you will, blowing smoke over her face and licking my armpit in her presence, to challenge her to perform.

• Like 2

Today I repotted a bunch of trich cuttings that were root bound. Im now out of larger pots. Heaps of useless small ones.

Putting down coir mulch on the garden where around my TBMs as it helps keep the weeds down.

Germinated a dichotomous loph seed in my last batch!

No coarse sand at bunnings! Got some terracotta pots for future loph plans, had a good whinge about bunnings crappy stock of pots. Anyone know a good place for pots in melbourne?

Planted some achuma cuttings that were growing air roots in my shed. One in the ground, some in pots.

Have many etoliated cuttings in the shed, but no more pots. What to do what to do..

Repotted about 20 Bridgees and 10 Peru's..... Repotted "Norma" holy shit, this particular cacti is turning into a mammoth !

Sounds cool mr b.caapi.. I hadn't heard of Norma until now, and can't find anything in the gallery (brings up 'normal'), got any photos to share?

Sounds cool mr b.caapi.. I hadn't heard of Norma until now, and can't find anything in the gallery (brings up 'normal'), got any photos to share?

Sure man, ill post a pic of her tomorrow, bit dark out there at the moment.

Pulled a couple of weeds and cut a piece off for Bluntmuffin :)

I visited bit and another guy not on the forums, and then repotted half a dozen plants and applied sulfur to the aforementioned cutting. It will hopefully be ready to plant in 2-3 weeks. :D

heres a couple of pics of "Norma" for ya Chilli....

P1010860.jpg

P1010862.jpg

• Like 4

Noticed this bridgesii from Getafix displaying general bridgesii weirdness:

post-7609-0-30241600-1326679656_thumb.jp

Did some weeding in the greenhouse and outside, fed and watered all the Trichocereus and some others.

I liked the new growth on my SS02xPachanoi grafts (received as seedlings from Bit) so much I took a couple photos:

post-7609-0-39266700-1326679825_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-46201000-1326679838_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-42496400-1326679806_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-30241600-1326679656_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-42496400-1326679806_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-39266700-1326679825_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-46201000-1326679838_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-30241600-1326679656_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-42496400-1326679806_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-39266700-1326679825_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-46201000-1326679838_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Norma is looking great

Its good to see it growing after the problems people had with it rotting

Cheers

Got

Wow bcaapi, I just found your other pics.. has norma grown that much in a year?! What is the story behind Norma?

Wow bcaapi, I just found your other pics.. has norma grown that much in a year?! What is the story behind Norma?

Yeh , she Has almost doubled in size in a year ! she was on Ebay being sold by an old lady named Norma in Victoria? i think, anyway me and a few other members all chipped in and won the bid, cant remember the total cost now, but there were a few problems with rot after it was cut down , but yeh as you can see a very nice looker and a very fast grower .

• Like 1

Brought them into the garage to avoid the frikin rain!!!

>_<

Chef

Potted out 51 seedlings

(null)

post-4739-942374_thumb.jpg

hell yeah, awesome updates :D

I transplanted a P* cutting into a new pot ready to be given to a friend, and propogated my mother P* plant into 4 pieces. I'll give it a couple of days then plant the cuttings. Damn the spines on that thing are fine and a pest!

I also potted up some monstrose opuntia thingy that had fallen over, going to take that into work to grow on the window ledge :D

I freed this poor root bound Bridgesii.

6753986361_f6266cc3e7_z.jpg

Then put it in my 1st garden plant out! Along with a Psycho0 x Yowie for company.

6754004953_dbeb1e6034_z.jpg

6754023073_55750310a7_z.jpg

• Like 2