The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

this is joe he is so tame always sits on my balcony for ages . Loves a scratch and some jam on bread

plus sunflower seeds

999400_10151533567751404_1898049195_n.jp

• Like 9

Random things I saw on the way to work:

Dog halfway up a wall, was too much for my brain at 6am on a Sunday.

post-313-0-33732100-1392798190_thumb.jpg

DMT dreams...

post-313-0-37075400-1392798352_thumb.jpg

A classic poster that I thought should be preserved before it becomes unreadable. It's held up pretty well for 14 years in an alley!

post-313-0-00453200-1392798496_thumb.jpg

"Keep taking your medications - our Olympic visitors must suspect nothing"

• Like 7

302_zpse5bc0c4b.jpg

299_zps9bf9325d.jpg

saw these lights above brisbane only for about a minite spooky

Edited by Bigred

I was at a large supermarket yesterday. I could buy a bunch of parsley for $2.98 or a parsley plant for $3. I bought the plant.

• Like 5

i think it was the spot light of a jet but still looked out of this world

...this happened a little while ago ....but i just now remembered.

When melbz was really hot for abit a while ago, i stumbled to the corner of the backyard because i remembered i needed a piss real bad. Anyway :scratchhead: , as i was looking down at the lemon tree, i noticed the leaves moving around at my feet, then all of a sudden a skink pops out and starts bathing himself in my piss stream.

wtf?

so i moved my stream to the left momentarily and low and behold the little (obviously dry as a dead dingo's dongo) skink ran over and stopped directly in the middle of it again.

i felt bad once i'd run out of piss

lol

hot piss = skink happy

cool rain = skink confused

either way, it was pretty freakin hot there for a bit.......the sort of hot that starts to play tricks with your mind.

• Like 6

This is a jewelry store in Bangkok Thailand . He even came out and try to sell me something but i could not stop laughing

014_zps26364ca0.jpg

• Like 2

WHEN we two parted

In silence and tears,

Half broken-hearted

To sever for years,

Pale grew thy cheek and cold,

Colder thy kiss;

Truly that hour foretold

Sorrow to this.

The dew of the morning

Sunk chill on my brow

It felt like the warning

Of what I feel now.

Thy vows are all broken,

And light is thy fame:

I hear thy name spoken,

And share in its shame.

They name thee before me,

A knell to mine ear;

A shudder comes o'er me—

Why wert thou so dear?

They know not I knew thee,

Who knew thee too well:

Long, long shall I rue thee,

Too deeply to tell.

In secret we met—

In silence I grieve,

That thy heart could forget,

Thy spirit deceive.

If I should meet thee

After long years,

How should I greet thee?

With silence and tears.

• Like 2

This is such a cool guitar

• Like 3

Hey guys n gurls just wanted to say g'day ,have been In Thailand for last month ,have another month to go , been chewin bulk betel nut ,drinking bulk beer and doing buggar all and lovin it ... Love yous all peace!!! post-4908-0-54754300-1393316357_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 6

post-12747-0-02301900-1394245940_thumb.j

post-12747-0-02301900-1394245940_thumb.jpeg

post-12747-0-02301900-1394245940_thumb.jpeg

Waking up to the smell of bacon is a beloved fantasy. It's partly appealing because it implies that you slept late enough for someone else in your life (a family member, a friend, an invasive Paula Deen neighbor) to take responsibility for cooking breakfast. But most of the hype comes from the bacon itself. So why not be woken up this way every day? Oscar Mayer is going to make it happen. The Oscar Mayer bacon alarm clock has two components: the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon iOS app and the iPhone scent dongle. You set the alarm on the app and plug the dongle into the headphone jack on your smartphone. When your alarm goes off, the app produces the sound of bacon sizzling, and the dongle works like a Glade PlugIn that draws some power from your phone to release some bacon-rific scent.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/03/06/oscar_mayer_s_bacon_alarm_clock_smells_like_bacon_and_makes_the_sound_of.html

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:drool2:

"Ingogo,Ingog,Ingog..........nnnnngogo"

the bird harked as it flew over head.

By now ingogogoo.....nnnngggogo was delerius...lost in the forest.

"Oh gog, please Batman, come and save me!"

It was ta this point in the juncture wghen in(we'll just call him ngggggg! now) decided he needed to call the SCS.

"Um yes, hello, ?"

"yes dialler you are being recorded , What is your emegency?"

ng says

"I'm naked in the forest and i think i may have lost my pants after the drinking game at oooohhh about 5am.

"Right , caller, like i said these coversations are recorded. Do you understand that?"

"Yes, and please bring a bacon and cheese sanga with a bunger"

....later when he was extricated from the wilderness(a poo covered ng) walks out with help of the scs and the search and recue jacks.

now sobbing he hugs all of them while still unawares of all the poo stains on his fingers.

"hey mate, here's diary you were writing"

diarysays ng in his head?

"yeah man, when we dragged you out you had snot in ya nose and poo on ya fingers and you were writing this diary"

Hazzarr ng said"Now i'm going home"

"Whatever!", said the jack as he smashed ng's head a few times with a phone book before smacking him again while going into the police van.

..later on, the superheros (again) failed to turn up because they missed their train from franga

Claim: More women are victims of domestic violence on Super Bowl Sunday than on any other day of the year.

content-divider.gifred.gifFALSE content-divider.gif

Origins: Domestic violence has been a problem all too often ignored, covered up, and swept under the rug. Many well-intentioned and successful efforts have been made in the last few decades to bring the issue to public attention; to get the word out to women that they need not suffer silent, helpless, and alone; to advertise that there are organizations victims can turn to for help and support; and to educate others in spotting the signs of abuse. Unfortunately, nearly every cause will encompass a sub-group of advocates who, either through deliberate disingenuousness or earnest gullibility, end up spreading "noble lies" in the furtherance of that cause. The myth of Super Bowl Sunday violence is one such noble lie.

The claim that Super Bowl Sunday is "the biggest day of the year for violence against women" is a case study of how easily an idea congruous with what people want to believe can be implanted in the public consciousness and anointed as "fact" even when there is little or no supporting evidence behind it. Christina Hoff Sommers charted a timeline of how the apocryphal statistic about domestic violence on Super Bowl Sunday was widely (if erroneously) publicized over the course of a few days leading up to the Super Bowl in January 1993:

Thursday, January 28
A news conference was called in Pasadena, California, the site of the forthcoming Super Bowl game, by a coalition of women's groups. At the news conference reporters were informed that significant anecdotal evidence suggested that Super Bowl Sunday is "the biggest day of the year for violence against women." Prior to the conference, there had been reports of increases as high as 40 percent in calls for help from victims that day. At the conference, Sheila Kuehl of the California Women's Law Center cited a study done at Virginia's Old Dominion University three years before, saying that it found police reports of beatings and hospital admissions in northern Virginia rose 40 percentafter games won by the Redskins during the 1988-89 season. The presence of Linda Mitchell at the conference, a representative of a media "watchdog" group called Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR), lent credibility to the cause.

At about this time a very large media mailing was sent by Dobisky Associates, warning at-risk women, "Don't remain at home with him during the game." The idea that sports fans are prone to attack wives or girlfriends on that climactic day persuaded many men as well: Robert Lipsyte of the New York Times would soon be referring to the "Abuse Bowl."

Friday, January 29
Lenore Walker, a Denver psychologist and author of The Battered Woman, appeared on "Good Morning America" claiming to have compiled a ten-year record showing a sharp increase in violent incidents against women on Super Bowl Sundays. Here, again, a representative from FAIR, Laura Flanders, was present to lend credibility to the cause.

Saturday, January 30
A story in the Boston Globe written by Linda Gorov reported that women's shelters and hotlines are "flooded with more calls from victims [on Super Bowl Sunday] than on any other day of the year." Gorov cited "one study of women's shelters out West" that "showed a 40 percent climb in calls, a pattern advocates said is repeated nationwide, including in Massachusetts."

Commentators were quick to offers reasons why this "fact" was so obviously true: Men are mostly loutish brutes, and football is the epitome of mindless, aggressive, violent, testosterone-driven macho posturing, so certainly during the culmination of the football season and its final, spectacular, massively-hyped "super" game, more men than ever were going to express their excitement or disappointment by smacking their wives and girlfriends around. So much attention did the "Super Bowl abuse" stories garner that NBC aired a public service announcement before the 1993 game to remind men that domestic violence is a crime.

Ken Ringle, a reporter for the Washington Post, was one of the few journalists to bother to check the sources behind the stories. When he contacted Janet Katz, a professor of sociology and criminal justice at Old Dominion University, and one of the authors of the study cited during the January 28 news conference, he found:

Janet Katz, professor of sociology and criminal justice at Old Dominion and one of the authors of that study, said "that's not what we found at all. "

One of the most notable findings, she said, was that an increase of emergency room admissions "was not associated with the occurrence of football games in general, nor with watching a team lose." When they looked at win days alone, however, they found that the number of women admitted for gunshot wounds, stabbings, assaults, falls, lacerations and wounds from being hit by objects was slightly higher than average. But certainly not 40 percent.

"These are interesting but very tentative findings, suggesting what violence there is from males after football may spring not from a feeling of defensive insecurity, which you'd associate with a loss, but from the sense of empowerment following a win. We found that significant. But it certainly doesn't support what those women are saying in Pasadena," Katz said.

Likewise, Ringle checked the claim made by Dobisky Associates (the organization that had mailed warnings to women advising them not to stay at home with their husbands on Super Bowl Sunday) that "Super Bowl Sunday is the one day in the year when hot lines, shelters, and other agencies that work with battered women get the most reports and complaints of domestic violence." Dobisky's source for this quote was Charles Patrick Ewing, a professor at the University at Buffalo, but Professor Ewing told Ringle he'd never said it:

"I don't think anybody has any systematic data on any of this," said Charles Patrick Ewing, a forensic psychologist and author of "Battered Women Who Kill."

Yet Ewing is quoted in the release from Dobisky Associates declaring "Super Bowl Sunday is one day in the year when hot lines, shelters and other agencies that work with battered women get the most reports and complaints of domestic violence."

"I never said that," Ewing said. "I don't know that to be true."

Told of Ewing's response, Frank Dobisky acknowledged that the quote should have read "one of the days of the year." That could mean one of many days in the year.

In addition, Ringle learned that Linda Gorov, the Boston Globe reporter who'd written that women's shelters and hotlines are "flooded with more calls from victims [on Super Bowl Sunday] than on any other day of the year" hadn't even seen the study she'd cited in support of that statement but had merely been told about it by Linda

Mitchell, the FAIR representative who was present at the January 28 news conference that had kicked off the whole issue.

Did any evidence back up the assertion that Super Bowl Sunday was the leading day for domestic violence? When the Washington Post's Ringle attempted to follow the chain by contacting Linda Mitchell of FAIR, Mitchell said her source had been Lenore Walker, the Denver psychologist who'd appeared on "Good Morning America" the day after the news conference. Ms. Walker's office referred Ringle to Michael Lindsey, another Denver psychologist who was also an authority on battered women. Mr. Lindsey told Ringle that "I haven't been any more successful than you in tracking down any of this" and asked, "You think maybe we have one of these myth things here?"

The upshot? It turned out that Super Bowl Sunday in 1993 (as in other years) was not a significantly different day for those who monitor domestic abuse hotlines and staff battered women's shelters:

Those who work with the victims of domestic violence in Connecticut reported no increase in cases [on the day after the Super Bowl], after a barrage of publicity on the potential link between Super Bowl gatherings and family violence.

An increase in domestic violence predicted for Super Bowl Sunday did not happen in Columbus, authorities said, and others nationwide said women's rights activists were spreading the wrong message.

Despite some pregame hype about the "day of dread" for some women, Columbus-area domestic violence counselors said that [super Bowl] Sunday, although certainly violent for some women, was relatively routine.

So, on what day of the year is domestic violence against women most prevalent, if not Super Bowl Sunday? It appears there isn't one particular day on which domestic violence peaks, but rather there are particular times of year when the rates shoot up. For example, a 2006 study published in the Handbook of Sports and Media that examined over 1.3 million domestic violence police reports from every day of the year in 15 NFL cities found only a very small rise in domestic violence dispatches on (or just after) Super Bowl Sunday but nearly a quintupling of domestic violence police dispatch reports around major holidays such as Christmas. A 2007 study that analyzed patterns of women fleeing domestic abuse found that the highest intake rates of women with children at shelters coincided not with Super Bowl Sunday, but with breaks in the school calendar such as Christmas vacation, spring break, and summer vacation (although that study surveyed when women most often fled from their abusers rather than when they actually experienced the abuse that prompted them to flee).

The weeks and months after the 1993 Super Bowl saw a fair amount of backpedalling by those who had propagated the Super Bowl Sunday violence myth, but as usual the retractions and corrections received far less attention than the sensational-but-false stories everyone wanted to believe, and the bogus Super Bowl statistic remains a widely-cited and believed piece of misinformation. As Sommers concluded, "How a belief in that misandrist canard can make the world a better place for women is not explained."

Not really 'Random' but check out these neat little freshwater shrimp i have. I started off with 10 and now have about 50. They only grow to about an inch and don't destroy the tank like yabbies. They are crystal red shrimp and crystal black shrimp. Not a really great pic' due to the reflection on the glass, but you can see them all gathered on a moss ball. :)

post-7430-0-70606400-1402481052_thumb.jp

freshwater shrimp.JPG

freshwater shrimp.JPG

• Like 6

I took the dogs to the beach yesterday at dusk and caught the end of a sunset. The photos don't do it justice, everything was a warm glowing pink. :)

post-7430-0-04456200-1402481254_thumb.jp

sunset.JPG

sunset.JPG

• Like 3

random quote of the day from shortly

Trying to fix the problem with the same instrument that caused the damage is like breaking a window with a hammer but then trying to use the hammer to repair the window, possibly you could but it would be a dammed sight easier & more effective if you actually used a tool designed specifically for repairing windows!

Anthony Burgess' "A Clockwork Orange" Nadsat Dictionary

Upon writing "A Clockwork Orange" (ACO), Anthony Burgess made up a teenage argot he calls Nadsat. It is English with a polyglot of slang terms and jargon thrown in. The main sources for these additional terms is Russian. Although there are also contributions from Gypsy, French, Cockney/English slang and other miscellaneous sources such as Malay and Dutch (possibly via the Dutch influence on Malay) and his own imagination. The large number of Russian words in Nadsat is explained in the book as being due to propaganda and subliminal penetration techniques. This is probably because of the cold war (which was still quite "warm" when Burgess wrote ACO) which, in Burgess's ACO world, has apparently shifted into overdrive. If a meaning can be confused, e.g. Lomtick (slice) is a noun (as in "a slice oftoast"), not a verb, the meaning is clarified by use of an (n.) or (v.) etc.

Credits : I got hold of the contents of this file some time ago, while working my way through "A Clockwork Orange". After some googling around, I came across a very interesting, if badly-formatted and uncredited, version of this web page. After unsuccessfully trying to contact the supposed author, I gave it some minor reformatting and copied it to my web page (I did not take care to write down the orignal URL, though). Since then, Daniel Delany suggested an origin for "filly".

Word		Meaning			    OriginsAppypolly loggy Apology			School boy speakBaboochka	Old woman		Russian: babooshka/grandmotherBaddiwad	Bad			School boy speakBanda		Band			Russian: banda/band, gangBezoomny	Mad			Russian: byezoomiyi/mad, insaneBiblio		Library			Russian: biblioteka/libraryBitva		Battle			Russian: bitva/battleBog		God			Russian: Bog/GodBolnoy		Sick			Russian: bolnoy/sickBolshy		Big			Russian: bolshoy/bigBratchny	Bastard			Russian: vnyebrachnyi/illegitimateBratty		Brother			Russian: brat/brotherBritva		Razor			Russian: britva/razorBrooko		Belly			Russian: bryukho/abdomenBrosay		Throw			Russian: brosat/to throwBugatty		Rich			Russian: bogaty/wealthyCal		Shit			Russian: kal/excrement, faecesCancer		Cigarette		Standard slang term: ie. cancer stickCantora		Office			Russian: kontora/officeCarman		Pocket			Russian: karman/pocketChai		Tea			Russian: chai/tea (c.f. English Slang: cha/tea)Charlie		Chaplain/Priest		Rhyming slang: Charlie Chaplin -> ChaplainChasha		Cup			Russian: chashka/cupChasso		Guard			Russian: chasovoy/sentryCheena		Woman			Russian: zhenshcheena/womanCheest		Wash			Russian: cheestit/to cleanChelloveck	Fellow			Russian: chelovyek/person, manChepooka	Nonsense		Russian: chyepookha/nonsenseChoodessny	Wonderful		Russian: choodesniyi/miraculousChumble		Mumble			Invented slang: chatter + mumble (?)Clop		Knock			German: klop/hit & Dutch/Malay: kloppen/to hitCluve		Beak			Russian: klyuv/beakCollocol	Bell			Russian: kolokol/bellCrark		Yowl			UnknownCrast		Steal			Russian: krast/stealCreech		Scream			Russian: kreechat/screamCutter		Money			Rhyming slang: bread 'n' butter -> cutterDama            Lady			Russian: dama/ladyDed		Old Man			Russian: ded/grandfatherDeng		Money			Russian: dengi/money	Devotchka	Girl			Russian: devochka/girlDobby		Good			Russian: dobro/goodDomy		House			Russian: dom/houseDook		Ghost			Gypsy:   dook/magic & Russian: dukh: spirit/shostDorogoy		Valuable		Russian: dorogoi/expensive, dearDrat		Fight			Russian: drat/to tear to pieces, to kill & drat'sya/to fightDrencrom	A drug			Invented slang: adrenochrome?Droog		Friend			Russian: droog/friendDva		Two			Russian: dva/twoEegra		Game			Russian: igra/gameEemya		Name			Russian: imya/nameEggiweg		Egg			School boy speakEm		Mum			Invented slang: 'M' from "Mama"Fagged		Tired			English slang: tiredFilly		Play			Possibly English: "filly" is a young female horse, and "to horse around" means to indulge in horseplay or frivolous activity, thanks to Daniel Delany!)Firegold	A particular drink	Invented slang: UnknownForella		Trout			Russian: forel/troutGazetta		Newspaper		Russian: gazeta/newspaperGlazz		Eye			Russian: glaz/eyeGloopy		Stupid			Russian: glupiyi/foolish, stupidGodman		Priest			Invented slang: 'man of God'Golly		Unit of Money		Invented slang: related to 'lolly' (money)Goloss		Voice			Russian: golos/voiceGoober		Lip			Russian: guba/lipGooly		To Walk			Russian: gulyat/to walk, strollGorlo		Throat			Russian: gorlo/throatGovoreet	To speak or talk	Russian: govorit/to speak, talkGrazhny		Dirty			Russian: gryuzniyi/dirtyGrazzy		Soiled			Russian: gryuzniyi/dirtyGromky		Loud			Russian: gromkii/loudGroody		Breast			Russian: grud/breast	Gruppa		Group			Russian: gruppa/groupGuff		Laugh			Invented slang: short "guffaw"Gulliver	Head			Russian: golova/headGuttiwuts	Guts			School boy speakHen-korm	Chickenfeed		Invented slang: hen-corn & Possibly Russian: korm/animal feedHorn		To Cry Out		Invented slang: sound a hornHorrorshow	Good, well		Russian: khorosho/goodHound-and-Horny corny			Rhyming Slang: cornyIn-out-in-out	Sex			Invented slang: obviousInteressovat	To interest		Russian: interesovat/ to interestItty		To go			Russian: idti/to goJammiwam	Jam			School boy speakJeezny		Life			Russian: zhizn/lifeKartoffel	Potatoes		Russian: kartofel/potatoesKeeshkas	Guts			Russian: kishka/intestinesKleb		Bread			Russian: kleb/breadKlootch		Key			Russian: klyuch/keyKnopka		Button			Russian: knopka/push-buttonKopat		To Dig (Eng. idiom)	Russian: kopat/to dig (a hole, ditch, etc)Koshka		Cat			Russian: koshka/catKot		Tomcat			Russian: kot/catKrovvy		Blood			Russian: krov/bloodKupet		To Buy			Russian: kupit/to buyLapa		Paw			Russian: lapa/pawLewdies		People			Russian: lyudi/peopleLighter		Crone (?)		Invented slang: related to "blighter"?Litso		Face			Russian: litso/faceLomtick		Slice			Russian: lomtik/slice (of bread)Loveted		Caught			Russian: lovit/to catchLubbilubbing	Making love		Russian: lyublyu/love	Luscious Glory	Hair			Rhyming Slang: upper story/hairMalchick	Boy			Russian: malchik/boyMalenky		Little			Russian: malyenkiyi/smallMaslo		Butter			Russian: maslo/butterMerzky		Filthy			Russian: merzkiyi/loathsome, vileMessel		Thought			Russian: misl/thoughtMesto		Place			Russian: mesto/placeMillicent	Policeman		Russian: militsiya/policemanMinoota		Minute			Russian: minuta/minuteMolodoy		Young			Russian: molodoy/youngMoloko		Milk			Russian: moloko/milkMoodge		Man			Russian: muzhchina/male human beingMorder		Snout			Russian: morda/snoutMounch		Snack			Invented slang: munch?Mozg		Brain			Russian: mozg/brainNachinat	To Begin		Russian: nachinat/to beginNadmenny	Arrogant		Russian: nadmenniyi/arrogantNadsat		Teenage			Russian: ending for numbers 11-19Nagoy		Naked			Russian: nagoi/nakedNazz		Fool			Russian: nazad/literally backwards (adv.)Neezhnies	Underpants		Russian: nizhniyi/lower (adj.)Nochy		Night			Russian: noch/nightNoga		Foot 			Russian: noga/footNozh		Knife			Russian: nozh/knifeNuking (scent)  Smelling (of perfume)	Russian: nyukhat/to smell, take a whiffOddy-knocky	Lonesome		Russian: odinok/lonesomeOdin		One			Russian: odin/oneOkno		Window			Russian: okno/windowOobivat		To Kill			Russian: ubivat/to killOokadeet	To leave		Russian: ukhodit/to leaveOoko		Ear			Russian: ukho/earOomny		Clever			Russian: umniyi/cleverOozhassny	Terrible		Russian: ukhasniyi/terribleOozy		Chain			Russian: uzh/snake (?)Orange          Man			Malay: Orang/Man (c.f. the Orang Utan ape)Osoosh		To Dry			Russian: osushat/to dryOtchkies	Eyeglasses		Russian: otchki/glassesPan-handle	Erection		Invented slangPee		Father			Invented slang: 'P' from "Papa"Peet		To Drink		Russian: pit/to drinkPishcha		Food			Russian: pisha/foodPlatch		To Cry			Russian: plakat/to cry Platties	Clothes			Russian: platye/clothes	Plenny		Prisoner		Russian: plenniyi/prisoner Plesk		Splash			Russian: pleskat/to splashPletcho		Shoulder		Russian: plecho/shoulderPlott		Flesh			Russian: plot/fleshPodooshka	Pillow			Russian: podushka/pillowPol		Sex			Russian: pol/sex (gender)Polezny		Useful			Russian: polezniyi/usefulPolyclef	Skeleton key		English: poly/many + clef/key	Pony		To understand		Russian: ponimat/to understandPoogly		Scared			Russian: pugat/ to frightenPooshka		Gun			Russian: pushka/cannonPop-disk	Pop-music disc		Invented slangPrestoopnik	Criminal		Russian: prestupnik/criminalPretty Polly	Money			Rhyming slang: Derived from 'lolly' (money)Privodeet	To lead somewhere	Russian: privodit/to lead (somewhere)Prod		To produce		English slang: shortening of 'produce'Ptitsa		Girl 			Russian: ptitsa/birdPyahnitsa	Drunk			Russian: pyanitsa/a drunkardRabbit		Work			Russian: rabota/workRadosty		Joy			Russian: radost/joyRaskazz		Story			Russian: rasskaz/storyRasoodock	Mind			Russian: rassudok/sanity, common senseRaz		Time			Russian: raz/occasionRazdrez		Upset			Russian: razdrazhat/to irritateRazrez		To Rip			Russian: razrvat/to ripRooker		Hand			Russian: ruka/handRot		Mouth			Russian: rot/mouthRozz		Policeman		Russian: rozha/ugly face or grimace Sabog		Shoe			French: sabot/a type of shoe (?) & Possibly Russian: sapog/a tall shoeSakar		Sugar			Russian: sakhar/sugarSammy		Generous		Russian: samoye/ the mostSarky		Sarcastic		English slang: shortening of 'sarcastic'Scoteena	"Cow"			Russian: skotina/colloquial: brute or beastShaika		Gang			Russian: shaika/band (as of thieves)Sharp		Female			Invented slang: UnknownSharries	Balls			Russian: shariki/marblesShest		Pole			Russian: poleShilarny	Concern			UnknownShive		Slice, cut		English slang: shiv-a knifeShiyah		Neck			Russian: shyeya/neckShlaga		Club			German: Schlager/club or bat (more exactly, something you use to hit with) & Possibly Dutch/Malay: slaag/hitShlapa		Hat			Russian: shlyupa/hatShlem		Helmet			Russian: shlem/helmetShoom		Noise			Russian: shum/noiseShoot		Fool (v.)		Russian: shutit/to foolSinny		Movies, film		Invented slang: from cinemaSkazat		To say			Russian: skazat/to saySkolliwoll	School			School boy speakSkorry		Quick, quickly		Russian: skori/quickSkriking	Scratching		Invented slang: strike + scratchSkvat		To Grab			Russian: khvatat/to grab, snatchSladky		Sweet			Russian: sladkiyi/sweet Sloochat	To happen		Russian: sluchatsya/to happenSlooshy		To listen, hear		Russian: slushat/to hearSlovo		Word			Russian: slovo/wordSmeck		Laugh (n.)		Russian: smekh/a laughSmot		To look			Russian: smotret/to lookSneety		Dream			Russian: snitsya/to dreamSnoutie		Tobacco, snuff		Invented slang: related to snout?Snuff It	To Die			English slang: to snuff is to killSobirat		To Pick Up		Russian: sobirat/to gather (people)Sod		Bastard (idiom) 	English slang: from sodomiteSodding		Fucking (idiom)		English slang: from sodomySoomka		Woman			Russian: sumka/bagSoviet		Advice, order		Russian: sovyet/advice, councilSpat, spatchka	Sleep			Russian: spat/to sleepSpoogy		Terrified		Russian: spugivat/to frightenStaja		State Jail		Invented Slang: State + JailStarry		Old, ancient		Russian: stariyi/oldStrack		Horror			Russian:  strakh/fearSynthmesc	A particular drug	Invented slang:  synthetic mescalineTally		Waist			Russian: taliya/waistTashtook	Handkerchief		German: Taschentuch/HankerchiefTass		Cup			French: tasse/cupTolchock	To hit			Russian: tolchok/a push, shoveToofles		Slippers		Russian: tuflya/slipperTree		Three			Russian: tri/threeVareet		To "cook up"		Russian: varit/to cook upVaysay		Washroom, toilet	French:  W.C. (pron. vey-sey)/waterclosetVeck		Guy			Russian: chelovyek/person, man Vellocet	A particular drug	Invented slang: Amphetamine (Speed)/Cocaine?Veshch		Thing			Russian: vesh/thingViddy		To see			Russian: vidyet/to seeVoloss		Hair			Russian: volos/hairVon		Smell (n.)		Russian: von/stench Vred		To Harm			Russian: vred/to harmWarble		Song			English: sing, a bird's songYahma		Hole			Russian: yama/hole, pitYahoody		Jew			Arabic (?)Yahzick		Tongue			Russian: yazik/tongueYarbles		Balls, testicles	Russian: yarblicka/applesYeckate		To Drive		Russian: echatz (pron: "yekatz")/to goZammechat	Remarkable		Russian: zamechatelniyi/remarkableZasnoot		To Sleep		Russian: zasnut/to fall asleepZheena		Wife			Russian: zhena/wifeZoobies		Teeth			Russian: zubi/teethZvonock		Doorbell/Bellpull	Russian: zvonok/doorbellZvook		Sound			Russian: zvuk/sound

in macedonian moloko is mleko. to be honest, there's so many words here that are literally gypsy/macedonian, that i have spoken to my baboochka directly from aco and she toitally didn't bat an eyelid when responding.

the original page http://www.mattiavaccari.net/mis/nadsat.html

Edited by cheshire

been stressin out , my immobilizer of my car is playing up , worried i may get stranded in middle of nowhere , until found this website , god i hope its legit .

http://newremotes.com.au/

• Like 1

Awesome. Having the same problem. the button won't lock/unlock the car anymore either (battery has been replaced). I am also stressed about locking my keys in may car again! Forgot how you could even do it after having a remote the last 15 years!

Seems legit. I identified my aftermarket remote on there. Will order in the next couple of days. ill let you know how it goes if you want.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1