The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

Brown recluse spider

The brown recluse spider or violin spider, Loxosceles reclusa, Sicariidae (formerly placed in a family "Loxoscelidae") is a spider with a venomous bite.

Brown recluse spiders are usually between 6–20 mm (14 in and 34 in), but may grow larger. While typically light to medium brown, they range in color from cream-colored to dark brown or blackish gray. The cephalothorax and abdomen may not necessarily be the same color. These spiders usually have markings on the dorsal side of their cephalothorax, with a black line coming from it that looks like a violin with the neck of the violin pointing to the rear of the spider, resulting in the nicknames fiddleback spider, brown fiddler, or violin spider.

220px-Loxosceles_reclusa_adult_male_4.jp

^^

nnaawwww - so cyoooot

• Like 1

Reclusive AND musical - sounds like my kinda spider :)

Has anyone noticed that cicadas have a tiny little music note on the end of each wing?

Bugs are awesome.

• Like 2

i guess it does look kind of like a quaver, neat!

cicada-wing.jpg34999F93-5FD3-4341-98F6B1

Quaver.png

The chronicles of deprecated Dionysus

chapter 1 : Drinking that drink that drinks you for the first time ever.

chapter 2 : Meeting cunts out the back of coles for bulbs and then rolling them.

chapter 3 : Brain over..............do you want to play again?

chapter 4 : Whacky libertarians like gang fights with edgy librarians.

chapter 5 : Scary friends with scary friends.

chapter 6 : The lock down.

chapter 7 : Stitching all the seams together.

epilogue : Is growth the end or the actual beginning.

• Like 1

Why are there so many catapillers in my kitchen?

• Like 1

They may have crawled off a plant you have bought inside. any chewed leaves?

:)

No greenery about, they were on the walls :s

Hopefully they're not moth larvae - otherwise they might have been eating the carpet, or some old clothes or something. ;o

^Lol,, yes,!. They have probably finished eating something of natural fibres like leather or wool etc... and have crawled off to pupate. You will be inundated with small moths soon and the cycle starts over, lol. :).

I had a huge hand woven rug (Pakistan maybe) that was given to me for my 18th birthday. It was really neat, but I had it stored away for some years, and when I got it out it was full of caterpillar frass and pupae....thousands of them. The rug was totally ruined. :( .

I hear cedar is good to keep moths at bay. We cut up some fresh cedar and put it in the wardrobes. It seems to work?!

You know the brown recluse spider....shown in post number 304, have a very nasty bite. Go to google images and google ' brown recluse spider bites'.

Here a bit of an example... Scroll past the text to look at the pic

http://www.e-bug.net/pests/spiders.shtml

Nasty!

camphor oil is ideal in a spray to deter wood parasites

:o

i just bought for dinner Latina pasta beef and rosemary ravioli i looked on the

ingredients and it does not have beef. So i ask my self the question

where's the beef

Complain and get free pasta?

• Like 1

Haha it's like when you by two minute noodles chicken Flavour and it has no chicken in it or chicken salt that has beef

• Like 1

I have never been this busy in my life as I am now. Two jobs, 9-midnight most days, homeless in two weeks if we dont find a house, one day off a week to look for houses and can only really manage 2-3 inspections on that day. Barely enough time to scratch my own arse. Diet has gone to shit and I look like shit. Tired as fuck. Somethings gotta give. This is my way of venting. I'm happy with myself for doing as well as I am so far, but really I want things to get quieter so I can just fucking relax for a while.

Want some advice? Don't work for a supermarket if you want flexibility in your work life. It's their way or the highway.

• Like 2

^^ I have to sympathise. I'm an emotional and physical wreck at the moment, I've been working way too long hours and the shittest thing is that I have fuck-all to show for it, maybe something will work out but just now it's bleak. Don't do it for too long, is my advice, something will break - as it has for me. Wish I had done something sooner quite honestly but I was too exhausted to see what. Good luck man and take care of yourself

• Like 3

I wouldn’t personally even consider giving up your job unless you got another one to go to. Having too much to do is far better for your mental health than not having anything to do, seriously!

I’m personally going stir crazy up here, I can’t even hook up a job fruit picking, they seem to just hire the backpackers and afghans and only hire aussies as a last resort. The only work I’ve managed to pick up since I’ve been here was a week of cleaning bricks in the hot northern VIC sun on piece rate, which was 50 dollars a pallet (500 hundred brick to a pallet). So I was basically going hard for 7 hours a day, getting roasted by the sun, fuckin cement drying out my skin and getting in my eyes and only scraping though just over a pallet a day. Now that’s what I call slave labour!

Anyway, what are you gonna do? The suns shining bright and we’re still breathing, so it can’t be all that bad right?

• Like 4

Sometimes we have to be grateful for what we've got. If it's bad, it can only get better.

• Like 3

SAB has on 'obtuse' look to it today. Is anyone else seeing this... EDIT: The header has a members avatar... obtuse. (just in-case you didnt get me) (i cleared cache etc... and i got rid of him,lol.)

post-7430-0-27453700-1361835462_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Amazonian

^

:scratchhead:

Just stumbled across this beautiful little being :wub:

post-8023-0-28660200-1361836100_thumb.jp

Glaucus atlanticus (common names sea swallow, blue glaucus, blue sea slug and blue ocean slug) is a species of small-sized blue sea slug, a pelagic aeolid nudibranch, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Glaucidae.

post-8023-0-19128100-1361836207_thumb.jp

Regions where this slug is found include the East and South Coast of South Africa, European waters, the east coast of Australia and Mozambique.[2] This species floats upside down on thesurface tension of the ocean.

post-8023-0-26302900-1361836219_thumb.jp

http://www.mazda.ahuranews.com/22642/glaucus-atlanticus/#more-22642

Glaucus-atlanticus.jpg

Glaucus-atlanticus2.jpg

Glaucus-atlanticus3.jpg

Glaucus-atlanticus.jpg

Glaucus-atlanticus2.jpg

Glaucus-atlanticus3.jpg

• Like 2