The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

Im sick :(

Yeah Amz, talk about revolting!!

When i have a cold, if i blow my nose too hard, air comes out next to my eye.. You learn some cool things growing up without a TV lol.

• Like 2

/\ :o I just tried it by holding my nose and raising the pressure in my nasal cavity, but sadly my eyes did not fart.

Rented this old-skool sci-fi film from the video shop today: http://en.wikipedia....olis_%28film%29

It's from 1927, no-words, and I hope it's awesome! :D

Edited by CβL
  • Like 1

Ohh god not metropolis!

We had to study this in high school.

You'd better have an extraordinary attention span to get through that one CBL!

• Like 1

Yeah Amz, talk about revolting!!

LOL, i didnt say I did it. :)

EDIT: actually, i thought it was a pretty good party trick.. Similar to sqirting milk through your tear duct. :P

Edited by Amazonian

I got through Metropolis, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I enjoyed the soundtrack, I enjoyed the scenes and setting - I just can't believe Rotwang (who has a hand made of metal) lost a fistfight...

Today I fed my compost heap another wheelbarrow of leaves, and the soil is actually improving noticeably. I just wish I had more pots and plant labels. ;o

Edited by CβL

Make a trip to the tip CBL, thats were i get all my pots. Sure u gotta give them a good clean, but its worth it to get a boot-load for a few dollars.

U have inspired me to collect some leaves for my hungry compost pile. Good man.

• Like 1

Kings plant barn in St Lukes has a skip bin out the front of the shop full of pots from tiny propagation punnets to proper 5L plant pots that are there for the taking. Whenever Im in the neighborhood I just load up the back of my Hiace till the cows come home haha. Check out sella.co.nz CBL. Someone on there is selling 200 labels for 20 bucks

• Like 1

post-7430-0-87372400-1357422474_thumb.jp

Tobacco Smoke Enema (1750s-1810s)

The tobacco enema was used to infuse tobacco smoke into a patient’s rectum for various medical purposes, primarily the resuscitation of drowning victims. A rectal tube inserted into the anus was connected to a fumigator and bellows that forced the smoke towards the rectum. The warmth of the smoke was thought to promote respiration, but doubts about the credibility of tobacco enemas led to the popular phrase “blow smoke up one’s ass.”

tabacco smoke enema thingy.jpg

tabacco smoke enema thingy.jpg

• Like 6

Monument to Enema, in Zheleznovodsk, Southern Russia.

image-aHR0cDovL2JsdWJlZGJ1aWEwMTo4My9pLzk5L0I3RUE5NjU2MjU4MjJFMTZFMjAxRjk5OUM5MjIzLmpwZw.jpg

• Like 4

imho there is a lot of negativity on this site when i first came here there was a lot of compassion and encouragement

but lately i feel a lot of bad vibes. Nobody is perfect and if you are good on you i think we need more love

or i feel we will soon be just assholes to each other. im sorry if i have offended anyone, or my grammar offend's

you superior intelect so if you want let me have it and put me down i dont really care I just will have less respect for

you just remember negativity breeds negativity , oh and chapter is part of a book or your life not just a bunch

of dick head bikie's

• Like 1

LOL^ . You think there is negativity here at the moment...you shoulda seen it when there was a neg button :P .

Its all good bigred...its all good, there is love under the negative outsbursts :) .

PS...Not all bikers are DH :) :) :)

EDIT: the chapter thing. (re; Australian Ethnobotany Association qld chapter).. it really wasnt a big deal. It was just people giving their opinion, not bagging you out . :) . i like the word chapter.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

THE PEOPLE of the small town Kalama complained that they were confused by contradictions they discovered in what they heard from various teachers who praised their own doctrines. They asked Buddha, who was staying in the town then, who to believe out of all who, like himself, passed through their town:

"Venerable Sir, some recluses and brahmins visited this town and praised only their own doctrines, but condemned and despised those of others. And it is common that they do so. Sir, who among them told the truth and who told falsehood?"

Buddha advised them, saying, "Kalama people, it is proper for you to doubt and to have perplexity [under such circumstances,] when [great] doubt has arisen in a doubtful matter."

He went on to instruct that it is wise to make a proper examination before committing. He said this was to be applied to his own teachings as well. The benefit is: not being too bound by unverifiable propositions, hopefully.

In Pali, Buddha's reply is recorded thus:

Ma anussavena.
Do not believe something just because it has been passed along and retold for many generations. [simpler: Do not be led by what you are told.]

Ma paramparaya.
Do not believe something merely because it has become a traditional practice. [Do not be led by whatever has been handed down from past generations.]

Ma itikiraya.
Do not believe something simply because it is well-known everywhere. [Do not be led by hearsay or common opinion.]

Ma Pitakasampadanena.
Do not believe something just because it is cited in a text. [Do not be led by what the scriptures say]

Ma takkahetu.
Do not believe something solely on the grounds of logical reasoning. [Do not be led by mere logic.]

Ma nayahetu.
Do not believe something merely because it accords with your philosophy. [Do not be led by mere deduction or inference.]

Ma akaraparivitakkena.
Do not believe something because it appeals to "common sense". [Do not be led by considering only outward appearance.]

Ma ditthinijjhanakkhantiya.
Do not believe something just because you like the idea. [Do not be led by preconceived notions (and the theory reflected as an approval)]

Ma bhabbarupataya.
Do not believe something because the speaker seems trustworthy. [Do not be led by what seems acceptable; do not be led by what some seeming believable one says.]

Ma samano no garu ti.
Do not believe something thinking, "This is what our teacher says". [Do not be led by what your teacher tells you is so.]

Kalamas, when you yourselves directly know, "This is [these things are] unwholesome, this is blameworthy, this is condemned or censured by the wise, these things when accepted and practised lead to poverty and harm and suffering," then you should give them up.

Kalamas, when you yourselves directly know, "These things are wholesome, blameless, praised by the wise; when adopted and carried out they lead to well-being, prosperity and happiness," then you should accept and practise them."

Gautama Buddha, Kesaputti Sutta, 5th sutta (sutra) in the Book of Threes (Mahavagga) in the Gradual Sayings (Tika Nipata).

The Pali text runs like this: "Etha tumhe Kalama. Ma anussavena, ma paramparaya, ma itikiraya, ma pitasampadanena, ma takkahetu, ma nayahetu, ma akaraparivitakkena, nid ditthinijjhanakkhantiya, ma bhabbarupataya, ma samanro no garu ti." [bht 284]

• Like 4

Cool it, Sanchez, or you'll get a knuckle supper! Look, Dagless, you're an excellent doctor, but you're also a live-wire maverick, who, when he's not bucking the system is biting the hand that feeds, which in your case is this hand. Now I'm not about to tell the immediate family of the deceased that we're going to have to burn what remains of his body in order to close the portal to another dimension. I just won't do it! This hospital's got a reputation which I intend to keep. I've yet to see any demons on the wards, and I'm particularly observant. So go back to your lab and make me a pill that will cure madness, or I'll kick your ass so hard, you'll be able to build a pool in the footprint! Understood?

• Like 3

http://funlaws.50webs.com/Australia.html

If you are to advertise a reward for the finding of a certain lost object,

you must state no questions will be asked. (Crimes Act 1958)

Edited by bigred82

Crimes Act 1958 - SECT 89

Where any public advertisement of a reward for the return of any goods which have been stolen or lost uses any words to the effect that no questions will be asked, or that the person producing the goods will be safe from apprehension or inquiry, or that any money paid for the purchase of the goods or advanced by way of loan on them will be repaid, the person advertising the reward and any person who prints or publishes the advertisement shall on summary conviction be liable to a level 11 fine (5 penalty units maximum).

however

Summary Offences Act 1966 - SECT 4

Any person who-
(d) in a public place-
(i) flies a kite ; or
(ii) plays at a game- to the annoyance of any person;
shall be guilty of an offence. Penalty: 5 penalty units.

Edited by Distracted

List of sandwiches
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a list of notable sandwiches. A sandwich is a food item consisting of two or more slices of bread with one or more fillings between. Sandwiches are a common type of lunch food often eaten as part of a packed lunch. Many types of sandwiches exist, with a diverse variety of ingredients used. The sandwich is the namesake of John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sandwiches

• Like 2

Check out this bad boy:

post-8023-0-64143400-1358989119_thumb.jp

It turned up in the mail today. 30cm damascus steel hunting knife with deer antler handle.

I am going to scrimshaw on the handle.. maybe an eagle or something manly.. grrr

IMG_2430.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG

• Like 3

Bear Grylls wife ^ .

First i though it was on your fingers first glance of the photo, and i was thinking you must have the size wrong, then i realized they are not your fingertips, but infact your knees,lol. Bad boy indeed. You'll have to make a sheath now to carry it.

I bet it has Bogzilla hiding under the bed?!

Look forward to seeing what it turns out like. re;scrimshaw.

:)

After seeing Bear give himself an enema of stagnant swamp-water on tv i dont think i could go there lol.

It also came with a nice leather sheath.. Ready for hunter-gatherer adventures .. The most i'll be slaying with it will be fuschia berries and puha though :P

yeah that was messed up, but that's why they pay him the big bucks

edit Your photo looks like a trick really awesome, I thought it was a finger as well

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 1

the Supreme Court has given at least lip service to the subjective and objective reasonableness of the individual's desire to block the state's access to information. Reasonableness of expectations is a particularly manipulable socially constructed term because the courts' decisions are an important determinant of what is reasonably expected. If, despite this, one grants that the idea of reasonable expectations has some exogenous content, then the courts' willingness to protect strong cryptography against government control is likely to be influenced by the extent to which judges find something familiar and reasonable in the act of encrypting a message. Cryptography that feels like a PIN number used to access cash machines will be treated differently from cryptography that feels like the tool of drug dealers and terrorists.

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/froomkin-metaphor/partIVBC.html

Interesting stuff!

To me at least.

Antarctic_Region.png

Marie Byrd Land is the portion of West Antarctica lying east of the Ross Ice Shelf and the Ross Sea and south of the Pacific Ocean, extending eastward approximately to a line between the head of the Ross Ice Shelf and Eights Coast. It stretches between 158°W and 103°24'W. The inclusion of the area between the Rockefeller Plateau and Eights Coast is based upon the leading role of Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd in the exploration of this area. The name was originally applied by Admiral Byrd in 1929, in honor of his wife, to the northwestern part of the area, the part that was explored in that year.[1]

Because of its remoteness, even by Antarctic standards, most of Marie Byrd Land (the portion east of 150°W) has not been claimed by any sovereign nation. It is by far the largest single unclaimed territory on Earth, with an area of 1,610,000 km2 (620,000 sq mi) (including Eights Coast, immediately east of Marie Byrd Land).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Byrd_Land

unclaimed territory, let's all go and get blazed wweeeeehheewwwww

• Like 2