The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

That feeling you get when when you're driving on the freeway on either side of the Hawkesbury river when you drive past one of the "safety ramps" - go-on turn the engine off so the brakes don't work and shove it up there just for the fuck of it.

It's a bit like picking up a 9v battery, you know it will shock you but it just calls out for you put your tongue on it.

What's the reasoning there anyway and has anyone ever used one ?

If your brakes fail do you slam it up the safety ramp at speed in the hope that it gets wedged between the rocks at the top. That would be a win win situation, you'd either be stuck inside the car because you were wedged in & couldn't open the doors or you'd roll back down at high speed backwards into oncoming traffic doing approx 100km.

Or is there an area at the top where you can go head on "safely" with a tree and not plummet down the other side. ?

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 2

All I know is the fucking cops used to sit in those bays a lot, especially coming up to one of the minor bridges past the big one going north. :angry:

I thought that they had some sort of roadside barriers that, yeah, squished the wheels so they got jammed up there?  :huh:

Edible species with medically significant metabolites[edit]

Many edible species have been shown to produce medically significant metabolites. However eating fungi with such properties is most unlikely to result in any medically beneficial effect. Most compounds of interest when used for medical purposes are synthesized on an industrial scale and are packaged and administered in ways that maximise the potential benefit.

Those fungi listed below have been shown to have significant effect as evidenced by human clinical trials published in peer reviewed papers and quoted in secondary sources.

Agaricus subrufescens (Agaricus blazei/brasiliensis, almond mushroom) is a fungus associated with Brazil and Japan.[26][27] Research and small clinical studies demonstrated A. subrufescensextracts have antihyperglycemic and anticancer activities.[28][29][30][31] Brefeldin A and blazein were isolated from A. subrufescens.

Boletus badius has been shown to synthesize theanine which is claimed to have mild psychoactive properties.[32]

Cordyceps sinensis is an entomopathogenic fungi collected on the Tibetan Plateau. The immunosuppressant ciclosporin was originally isolated from Cordyceps subsessilis. The adenosine analog cordycepin was originally isolated from Cordyceps. Other Cordyceps isolates include, cordymin, cordycepsidone, and cordyheptapeptide.[33] CS-4 is commercially sold as C. sinensis, but Cs-4 has recently been confirmed to be a different species from the Cordyceps species used in traditional Chinese medicine. CS-4 is properly known as Paecilomyces hepialiHirsutella sinensis is the accepted asexual form of C. sinensis.[34]

Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) has been used as a source of LentinanAHCC, and eritadenine. In 1985 Japan approved lentinan as an adjuvant for gastric cancer. Studies there indicate prolonged survival and improved quality of life when gastric cancer patients with unresectable or recurrent diseases are treated with lentinan in combination with other chemotherapies.[13]

Morchella esculenta (Morel) contains the amino acidcis-3-amino-L-proline.

Ustilago maydis (Mexican truffle, huitlacoche, corn fungus) synthesises ustilagine and ustilagic acid.[35]

Ganoderma lucidum (Ling zhi, mannentake, reishi) has a long record of medicinal use. It contains p-hydroxybenzoic acidcinnamic acid, and lanostane-type triterpenoids such as ganoderic acids.[36]

Hydnellum peckii has yielded atromentin, an anticoagulant isolated from the mycorrhiza.[37][38]

Schizophyllum commune (Split gill) has yielded schizophyllan (SPG, sizofiran, sonifilan) which has been researched clinically for anticancer activity.[39] Hydrophobins were originally isolated from S. commune. A chemically analogous polysaccharide, scleroglucan, is an isolate of Sclerotium rolfsii.

Trametes versicolor (Coriolus versicolor, yun zhi, kawaratake, turkey tail) have produced protein-bound polysaccharides PSK and PSP (polysaccharopeptide) from different mycelia strains. In Japan, PSK is a gastric cancer adjuvant. Japan began using PSK in 1977, while China began using PSP in 1987.[40]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicinal_fungi

Lets have a standing ovation for mushrooms, everyone.

• Like 2

did you hear about the giant cattle stampede? some 10,000 cattle got loose and roamed across texas. it was udder insanity.

• Like 1

I think the cunt over the back fence is poisoning my dog. Today a half eaten bun came hurtling over the back fence and my dog scoffed it before I could check it out. This arvo he's got diarrhea again. There's no other readily apparent symptoms but it looks like a visit to the vet is in order.

call the police to get it logged, if they're anything like uk police they'll tell you to go to the rspca , or whatever your equivalent is , who will then usually liaise with police ...

that's a serious criminal offence if what you suspect turns out to be the case , at least it is in the uk ...

all the above .... = providing your cops are approachable that is ..

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

It's just suspicion ATM Thunder, it could be grounded in fact or it could just me putting 2&2 together to get 5.

If I went to the cops, the guy might flip out and escalate it to regain his mucho macho mojo-ness so he can keep his fragile ego firing on the two cylinders it came with when he bought the penis extension kit Harley.

I'll question the vet & see what he thinks before I charge in half cocked and step on my neighbours penis enhanced ego, with no evidence (of a penis or wrongdoing) .

The dog is my main concern ATM. If I engage in neighborhood dispute with this prick we'll both end up on a current affair with cameras pointing into each others yards swearing we are innocent. I don't have the energy to waste on menial minds like that, I'd much rather find solace than justice or retribution.

I really should stop posting after drinking so much.

• Like 4

if the feel of a loved dog is like the feel of a loved cat i darent say how i'd feel but totes understand man ,

hope the dog is ok in the long run 

• Like 1

Well, I got the result of the tribunal for the builder who fucked us over. Basically he wins. He gets to come back to rectify his mistakes (even though we paid HEAPS to fix his fuckups so that we could rent the joint out (besides make it safe and livable for anyone). He got til the end of November to fix his mistakes. And he only owes me $10k in credit for the whole fucking thing. This cost me over 200k including lawyers and a useless fucking barrister. The decision is full of hypocrisy, blatant lies, blatant sympathy for the builder (who still had half the job done half assed NINE MONTHS LATER FOR A FIVE WEEK JOB). All the illegal shit I have proof of (forged documents, fraudulent use of other peoples ABNs etc) weren't allowed to be admissible. All the stress and anxiety over the last two years for this shit. I read the email and I felt physically sick. It's like the magistrate went away on holidays for months and months (the final hearing was last november and we only NOW got an answer) and came back to fluff through the notes, took the builders side and "justified" it with half-assed excuses some of which were contradictory and just LIES - there are many points where I have in all my submissions of the proof of what the magistrate said wasn't true. Oh and we only get three weeks to reply, and until friday to argue costs. So of course now we have to bring the solicitor and barrister back (MORE MONEY I DONT HAVE), because of this CUNTBUCKETS decision. I haven't been this close to giving up on everything since realising the spinal cord damage was permanent. It's not just about money, although obvs that's disgusting enough, its the downright unfairness of it all, and the bastard builder will do it again and again and again. He's been to court before and won before! I'm so going to media when I can. maybe ray hadley. CAn't stand john laws and I don't trust TT or ACA as far as I could throw them. This Tribunal shit is a fucking joke. No justice. When I won the medical negligence case (when crippled), that wasn't even malicious, that was two nurses making a couple of over-worked human mistakes; this filthy cumhole lied and cheated the whole way through and gets away with it. I have to live away from my partner again and now for longer still because I don't want to move back into the house while he's there - I don't trust him as I said in my affidavit (which was piffled away as some little girl's sob story). 

I loathe leaving on a negative note, so... at least I've dropped 10kgs in about a month. 

FP, that's just seriously fucked up. The corruption in this system stinks more than overflow diarrhea following 3 weeks of constipation on a diet of junk food, ice cream and rancid onions. Shit heads like this make it hard for me to stay on track with the whole forgiveness-not-revenge thing..... Perhaps the Cosmos would allow me to go back to the forgiving path after he encounters an incident which leaves him with a permanent limp and chronic pain for the rest of his life.:angry:

My thoughts are with ya. 

• Like 2

should i spend $270 on a book?

I. Manifestation (parinama) indicates that what essentially constitutes consciousness (that is to say, its substance, the samvittibhaga), when it is born, manifests itself in two functional divisions (bhagas) , namely, image and perception, i.e., the object perceived (or perceived division) and the perceiving faculty (or perceiving division) (nimittabhaga and darsanabhaga). These divisions arise out of a third division called the 'self-witness' or the 'self-corroboratory division' (samvittibhaga) which constitutes their 'essential substance'. It is on the basis of these two functional divisions that Atman (self) and dharmas (objects/things/phenomena) are established, for they have no other basis.

2. Manifestation of consciousness means also that the inner consciousness manifests itself in what seems to be an external sphere of objects. By virtue of the 'perfuming' energy (vasana) deposited in the mind by wrong concepts (vikalpa) of Atman-dharmas, the conscious­nesses, on becoming active, develop into the semblance of Atman and dharmas. Although the phenomena of Atman and dharmas lie within the consciousness, yet, because of wrong mental discrimination or particularization, they are taken to be external objects. That is why all sentient beings, since before the beginning of time, have conceived them as real Atman and real dharmas. 

- Xuanzang

if your asking that question then i think its pretty important to you. There will always be more money coming eventually

• Like 2

You're right, I probably don't need to - I'm sure if I shop around I can find one cheaper than that.

• Like 4

Free even. I'll pay you $50 ano ;)

• Like 1

Wow. What I have gotten out of this thread is the word cuntbucket.

thats a really sad take FP. So u spent 200k going to court to get 10k of damages rectified?

There are some seriously creative and descriptive swearwords going on in your post.

• Like 2

Oright. Here's my little randomness

KEEP YOUR FUEL RECEIPTS!!

recently did over 4K worth of damage and out of pocket expenses filling up with some dirty diesel from UNITED PETROLEUM. When they emptied the tank the diesel had "algae" growing in it. Basically if I had of kept a receipt indicating it was diesel I bought I would have been reimbursed my costs. All I had to prove the purchase was a bank statement which didn't say if it was diesel or unleaded etc

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FUEL RECEIPTS!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MoonUnitBotanica said:

Free even. I'll pay you $50 ano ;)

On 03/07/2017 at 9:40 PM, MoonUnitBotanica said:

How cheap. Well, you are a tart I guess.

Sorry, WHO is the cheap tart? :wink:

• Like 1