The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

Dear Sir, I could not, in good conscience swear to you that, as of this moment, I was completely aligned with the vertical axis of my chops.

• Like 4

my life officially revolves around cacti. 15 years in the making, careful what you wish for....

• Like 1

self medicating sadomasochist 

30334259380_6f6462fc75_b.jpg

• Like 6

I saw a sparrow this morning, first time in agers.

Got me thinking, where did they all go? i swear when i was a youngen they were a dime a dozen. 

after a quick google search it appears others noticed this decline in 2010, so its been going on for awhile 

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/458232/where-have-the-sparrows-gone/

I noticed sparrows disappearing when I was around Newcastle in the late 80's - early 90's, by 2000 they were almost completely gone in some areas.

The fuckwit responsible for introducing the indian myna's should be drawn, quartered, buggered and then shot.

They were like cane toads, they failed to do what they were meant to and became an ecological catastrophe. They are a nasty piece of machinery with a social structure that almost equates to a hive mind. They work together in co-ordinated groups to systematically decimate other species. They push eggs out of nests, kill chicks and use all sorts of dirty tactics to smother nests. They have working patrol parties to guard their turf once they move in and set up shop.

The poor little sparrow didn't stand a chance.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 3

The only small birds I have ever seen stand up to mynah birds is the Willy wagtail. They are fierce.

• Like 1

Great afternoon potting up cacti seedlings, planting other ethno plants in the garden, collecting seeds. Chillin now with Lil glaukus jnr, he's helping me remove seeds from pods while we groove to bayawaka.

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0282.thumb.jpg.d2f638f3888c9964cad1c03ca4b291a5.jpg

IMAG0281.thumb.jpg.e22b91c58bd0d0285cb2ab097b2997b2.jpg

IMAG0283.thumb.jpg.b759c1ee9034cab17b480fe677673070.jpg

IMAG0284.thumb.jpg.2959153a55306a9f117c2899b7d8e84a.jpg

IMAG0282.thumb.jpg.d2f638f3888c9964cad1c03ca4b291a5.jpg

IMAG0281.thumb.jpg.e22b91c58bd0d0285cb2ab097b2997b2.jpg

IMAG0283.thumb.jpg.b759c1ee9034cab17b480fe677673070.jpg

IMAG0284.thumb.jpg.2959153a55306a9f117c2899b7d8e84a.jpg

• Like 2

a car?

a flying car!

Edited by manu
  • Like 1

and i think it is a funny feeling to make a vow, then forget it. i speak only to my own experience, it really is strange.

Edited by manu

Do you know

Do you get it

Do you know 

your so special 

to me

know that you are 

loved 

and please your mind for a minute 

so you can remember

how good

it is

to

be ..

• Like 1

Tried this apparent new "Ginger" coke

Because my mind is easily

distracted from simple tasks as finding water for rehydration in a moment of desert level thirst 

but

Why does ginger coca cola burn when I excrete it from

the glands in my body that produce sweat , it's hot and my skin is burning like full body tiger balm rub 

interestinger and interestinger

that's what you get i

guess for trying new coke products something I normally refrain from consuming 

this does not happen with say Bundaberg ginger beer or ginger in foods etc 

has coca cola weaponised ginger in the ongoing campaign to take over the world with highly caffeinated beverages , it's chemical warfare 

fucking conspiracies left right and upper middle central 

Edited by fozzking
I concur

Man permanently thinks he is a glass of orange juice (or thinks he becomes an orange)[edit]

Another common legend, again dating back to the 1960s, was that a man who took LSD went insane and permanently thought that he was a glass of orange juice. Because of this, he could never bend over, slept upright and did not make any sudden movements. Alternative versions sometimes have the man thinking he is a glass of milk or a whole orange. Another version of this myth states that the man believed he had become an orange, and was afraid he would be 'peeled' by his friends.

• Like 1

I have heard a version of that story where the guy fried himself into thinking he was a sunflower and he would bloom in the morning with the sunrise and close up with the sunset  having to be watered during the day by his parents 

don't wear thongs when you land in melbzoid aireport and exit in the departure no-smoke zone because when it rains the ground becomes slippery wet from the the dude that drove the zamboni  the day before making it clean for the tourist  - and the  top sheen it takes on is like the black ice in the black spur in the dandenong ranges and then you start to skate across the concrete as if you are in a disney movie

• Like 3

posts about fairy bread have little to no intellectual benefit but fcuk it's tasty as tiny coloured balls of processed sugar could possibly be 

Edited by fozzking
Fixed nonsense

Why is it the girl in the sandwich shop has to wear gloves when she makes a sanga but all the chefs on TV are allowed to handle each individual piece of food with their bare hands ?

They may as well be shoving their fingers in the customers mouths.

well "steamrail 'lucky amber' amber ale"...you've just been eclipsed by Melbourne bitter.

I LOVE MELBOURNE, I LOVE VICTORIA, I LOVE LIVING IN THE CITY, I LOVE LIVING IN THE COUNTRY

“he that wrastleth with a turd shall be beshitt, fall he over or under”.

Over 100 bags of 'fake rice' from China seized in Nigeria

plastic_rice_nigeria.jpg

More than 100 bags of "fake rice" believed to have been smuggled in from China were seized on Monday in Nigeria.

With Christmas and New Year holidays coming up, the price of rice has skyrocketed in the West African nation, creating an opportunity for unscrupulous entrepreneurs with access to plastic, or whatever these grains are made out of.

According to the AFP, the 50-kilo bags of plastic rice were branded "Best Tomato Rice," but were not labeled with a date of manufacture. They were picked up in the city of Lagos and a senior Nigerian customs official suspected that the 102 bags were smuggled or shipped illegally to the port there from China.

Officials warned residents that you really wouldn't want to eat this "rice."

“Before now, I thought it was a rumour that the plastic rice is all over the country but with this seizure, I have been totally convinced that such rice exists,” a local customs controller told the Nigerian Observer. "We have done a preliminary analysis of the plastic rice. After boiling, it was sticky and only God knows what would have happened if people consumed it."

Last year, plastic rice sold on the Chinese market reportedly found its way into various Asian countries, including India, Indonesia and Vietnam. While it appeared similar to actual rice, it was actually made from mixing potatoes, sweet potatoes and synthetic resin. Health experts warned that the fake grains could cause serious damage to the digestive system if consumed.

However, a lengthy article from the rumor-busing website Snopes.com casts doubt on this purported plague of fake rice from China, finding little to no evidence for the vast majority of the claims that have caused panic around the world.

Nigerian authorities have sent this latest batch of "fake rice" to be tested, so its composition currently remains unconfirmed. But apparently it looked authentic enough to trick BBC reporter Martin Patience who writes:

Whoever made this fake rice did an exceptionally good job - on first impression it would have fooled me. When I ran the grains through my fingers nothing felt out of the ordinary.

But when I smelt a handful of the "rice" there was a faint chemical odour. Customs officials say when they cooked up the rice it was too sticky - and it was then abundantly clear this was no ordinary batch.

Anyway, just to be on the safe side, better to eat noodles than rice for Christmas this year.

[images via BBC]

• Like 2

The stone still sang in his hand, but not quite the way it had before. Now the melody, the thrum of power, seemed to be singing in his bones instead of over them. Every moment, he felt it in his heartbeat and in his head. With it came a strange quiet, a calm, one he trusted even less than the initial surge of power. The calm told him everything would be well. It cooed and soothed and steadied his heart and made him forget that anything was wrong, made him forget that he was holding the stone at all. That was the worst part. It was bound to his hand, and yet it hung at the outside of his senses; he had to fight to remember it was there with him. Inside of him. Every time he remembered, it was like waking from a dream, full of panic and fear, only to be dragged down into sleep again. In those brief moments of clarity, he wanted to claw free, break or tear or cut the stone from his skin. But he didn’t, because competing with that urge to cast it off was the equal, opposite desire to hold it close, to cling to its warmth as if he were dying of cold. He needed its strength. Now more than ever.

Edited by fozzking
Formatting issues

The Larsen C iceshelf has started to crack ......gunna be one hellava iceberg off Antarctica if it calves off

800px-LarsenC_photo_2016315_lrg.jpg

Edited by waterboy 2.0
spellin
  • Like 2