The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

For sure FancyPants, I would like to see the photo . Sounds neat!.

This is the random thread Rab. Thought it would be the most likely place to be able to speak my mind. You could have just said the day was shitty, but decided to use a ridiculous perversion of what is a mathematical proof.

You could have lost your car and your life very easily if everything that could go wrong, did. I for one am glad that you're just wrong in your terminology, rather than being prepped for a funeral.

random thing, just saw our dog have an encounter with a snake. Makes he happy because this dog is really pampered compared to our previous hunting/farm dogs and it really is stupid and playfull. It looks at my pet snake in the lounge room so i thought it might not react well to a propper wild snake and cop a bite.

But it was quick getting away from it and did'nt go back to it. Makes me kinda relived a bit

whenever i watch tv now i feel i always have to turn the volume up in multiples of 3 or it makes me real uncomfortable

and sometimes when i shave i also go over my forehead because it's good exfoliation

forehead-shaver. it's the new window-licker.

just kidding

i had no idea murphy's law was real. i thought murphy was just the first bloke to realise that life is always throwing something at you.

also, aura photography? misleading if you ask me. as far as i can tell it's a regular photo, then some kind of measurements are taken when you touch your hand on a plate and after getting those measurements the software adds bits of colour to the normal photography.

i'm curious to see it, but i'm more curious to hear how they sold it to you. were they pretty up front about what it is or did they give you a heap of bunk new age sales lines?

Edited by ThunderIdeal

GRR lost reply...

I've been curious about whether or not they're bunkum too, but since a psychic lady told me a couple of years ago I had a "rainbow aura" I really had to see if the photo would match (I didn't tell the aura photogs that either). The psychic lady was right about lots of other things. The lady the other day who "read" my aura photo was like I said, eerily accurate. Still not sure 100% if there's trickery involved, but there's just too much consistent accuracy with what I've been told to be very doubtful.

Keep in mind I took this on my camera phone, and ignore the reflections in the dark top of the photo, and the thick white line down the right side (reflection also)...

[edited because I don't want it up here anymore :) ]

Edited by FancyPants

I just glysophated a huge weedy patch in my garden and now it's pissing down with rain. :BANGHEAD2:

As a kid I shaved off my eyebrows with my mum's razor. . . twice.

GRR lost reply...

I've been curious about whether or not they're bunkum too, but since a psychic lady told me a couple of years ago I had a "rainbow aura" I really had to see if the photo would match (I didn't tell the aura photogs that either). The psychic lady was right about lots of other things. The lady the other day who "read" my aura photo was like I said, eerily accurate. Still not sure 100% if there's trickery involved, but there's just too much consistent accuracy with what I've been told to be very doubtful.

Keep in mind I took this on my camera phone, and ignore the reflections in the dark top of the photo, and the thick white line down the right side (reflection also)...

th_06112011725.jpg

i'm not saying it's utterly meaningless, but the colours were rendered from other data which i think assigns particular colours to parts of the body or chakras, the only imaging was the regular photograph. there are different aura photography devices but i'm pretty sure none of them image your electromagnetic field, which could be construed as an aura, and i'm bloody well sure that none of them image your aura because those have not been discovered by science which means if they exist our instruments can't see them. my belief is that the only layer of the aura which might be visible to current instruments is the least subtle of the subtle energy bodies and is pretty much just part of the human body.

many people will claim to see a blurry energy layer extending a few mm or a few cm from their skin. we've all seen an "aura" of different coloured blue sky just above the tree line, which is an optical effect. when i used to see etheric bodies all the time, it wasn't like that optical effect, if it is a misperception then i think it's caused by the brain not optics. i don't think the etheric body is the electromagnetic field, personally. correct me if i'm wrong but the electromagnetic field isn't very interesting at all. we put out a miniscule field, as do many other things, the end.

nice "throat chakra" by the way!

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Bunk and debunked mean the same thing. They shouldn't. This fact caused a week of ennui, and many people got ranted at.

So today started learning guitar chords... my fingers couldn't stretch. ;_;

With about 20-30 minutes perseverance (and probably I managed to find a better grip), I got a few!

BUT my guitar is rather out of tune, and it's actually very hard to tune by ear. I used Matlab to generate the correct frequency sine waves of the open strings (E3 european is not the same as E3 USA - what a nightmare to find out the hard way), and then used a laptop to play them on repeat, and then I tried to tune out beat frequencies. The lowest C major chord (xCEGCE) when strummed does not sound major though, so I must've stuffed up somewhere. :)

Will be getting an electronic guitar tuner soon though.

dried chickpeas taste 400 billion times better cooked than tinned muck.

• Like 1

heh. wish i could look like bert

Thanks for sharing FancyPants :)

I was just checking out the supermarket docket, and at first glance, I thought it said...... 'Lettuce Mescaline Mix'.. lol,

post-7430-0-90533300-1320570671_thumb.jp

mesclun... what the.........jpg

mesclun... what the.........jpg

Will be getting an electronic guitar tuner soon though.

Out of all of the stuff that I bought each time I went back to learning the guitar this has paid for itself over and over again

Cheers

Got

did some drilling today... hung up a new shelf in the closet for clothing,... hung up a mini aztec calender in the patio, went surfing at a new place with GF. crappy waves but fun. then raced to work over this horrible dirt road. work is quiet and I have internet access!

if you sum it all up what you did in a day,... you feel appreciation!!

Thanks GOT - I think that's all the recommendation I'll need to get one. I think I'll get one and then practice to try and make it obsolete. ;)

Psylo: Yeah, it's an acoustic. Although I also just bought a classical guitar with a built-in piezo pickup inside, so if I got a small pre-amp, then I probably could do exactly what you said.

I think I'll have some difficulty, but I'm hoping that there's a savant-like ability in the back of my head that'll pick up the slack. I'm 35% confident that it'll emerge, hehe.

Edited by βluntmuffin

FancyPants, I loved your rainbow aura pic! :)

rudderless hippies :rolleyes::lol: