The Corroboree
Psylo

The Random Thread.

I have seen elsewhere that a thread might be created for those small items that don't need a new topic, are unrelated to the theme of the forums, and an opportunity for people to share random spontaneous thought. No ongoing central theme, but an endless thread about whatever. No responses required, but are welcomed

Anyone think this is a nice idea ? Time will tell, I guess.

We bought a new fridge today, and it came with a free 7kg frozen turkey. How cool it that ! Gong to chuck it in the neighbour's weber next weekend for a slow cook.

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 1

abandoned

Edited by dworx

i saved a young wattle bird the other day

• Like 1

I have a cactus spine/splinter in my finger..ouch!

EDIT: i cant believe i complained about a little spine^...

I have now read about Tipz and the spines in his foot. Yeah, so , really, no real ouch factor there for me,lol.

Edited by Amazonian

I saw two ladies when walking my dog who were nursing baby fruit bats. They had them holding on to bibs and sucking on little dummies. Was cute.

• Like 2

possibly the blog function or the status on your profile would suit this but then there probably wouldnt be as many responses or random interactions of which most of the fun is.

these threads can work, like the vvvv answer the question below/above vvvvv and dales guess a city type threads, from what i have seen though they tend to become buried within a few weeks because people move on or forget them.

but at least your giving it a shot psylo, lifes about taking chances. sometimes i post a thread here that takes 10 seconds to think of and they turn out better than my thought out ones. i know a certain percentage here think this kinda random thought is meant for twitter and facebook etc but then again they dont make the rules either.

i liked the thread answer below and above but sometimes dint want to answer the question above. i have recently thought a thread answering random questions and advice would be well served on ethno and one non-ethno. like ...does caapi go dormant? or what house do you think i can build cheapest? these tend to be dead end threads in the long run anyway and quickly fizzle and fair enough too because its been covered over and over, but if you could compartmentalise it into a thread then newbs olds and middle members could just peruse that area and answer when they felt like it. i suppose these things work out in theory but often even the best threads are destined for the applause to fade and trophy to gather dust just like in real life. keep it comin psylo...good work man.:)

my neighbour yips like a dog. it's really annoying.

I'm watching Futurama with a 4yo. Fun times. :P

• Like 2

I forgot the other day to soak some seed and had to go through the entire tray to recover the seeds. :BANGHEAD2:

well actually i might not have saved it...

my gf and i were walking at a park, and there was this little bird struggling to fly, it flew into my gf's dog, luckily the dog didnt react, but as we approached it to see if it was ok, it clearly wasn't, it was trying to fly away but couldn't fly higher then a few cms and longer than 50cms, we rang a native wildlife emergency hotline, told them everything and asked what to do, they said it might have a brain trauma and to take it to a 24 hour vet, so i caught it (extremely gently of course) then we took it to the vet in a cardboard box covered by a hand towel.

about 15 minutes after we left, we got a call saying it was ok to pick up, and we could come tomorrow morning, so we got it the next morning and took it back to the same spot we found it, and it could fly a lot higher and further than before, the vet said there was nothing wrong, but we did what the emergency hotline said, so fuck knows... tried to do the right thing.

it's possible if we left it there that night it could've been killed by a cat, it would have been very easy prey, so perhaps we did save it's life.

we also picked some bottle brush and scattered it around where we left it so hopefully it didnt starve, though there were also heaps of berries around as well.

they said it was also possible it had been clipped by a car which would explain the head trauma, and indeed there was a road only 2/3 meters from where we first saw it.

EH, your sig is a misquote.

So do vets charge you if take a non-pet animal to them ? I have had to end a few animals lives because clearly they would have been fucked at the mercy of other animals, but never thought to take one to a vet. Honesty because I wouldnt (couldnt) pay the bill.

unsure of normal vets, this was a university vet, and it was free for wildlife (as it should be, people should be encouraged to save wildlife rather than not want to pay fees) people can bring their pets there also and they'd probably have to pay.

there's this website native animal rescue, but as far as i can see it's only for WA, i'd think there'd be something for every state, maybe you can google it, i'm supposed to be studying for a test tomorrow..

• Like 1

Just watched a cool movie about Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. It's called Magic Trip.

• Like 1

In country areas, NSW has WIRES, but even then in some cases the injured animal is so fr from the closest volunteer (sometimes hours) so a badly injured animal needs to be dealt with.

Have always assumed that WIRES was not for urban areas, as I have seen no signage anywher (in the country areas, WIRES signs are on roadsides

that's pretty fucked.

My day yesterday was ruled by Murphy's Law.

Had to fly to Sydney for the day for work and these are the things that went wrong.

- Flight to Sydney delayed by an hour.

- Rental car booking lost and had to wait 25 minutes while they got a car ready for me.

- Called and cancelled my first appointment

- Drove to my second appointment in Parramatta planning to grab a bite to eat on the way, but there was a crash on the harbour bridge which made traffic terrible so didn't have time for lunch.

- As I left that appointment, the GPS I got with the hire car ran out of batteries so I went to plug it in and realised the rental company had given me the wrong charger cable.

- Fumbled around streets I didn't know using the maps function on my phone which quickly drained the phone battery.

- Had to pick someone up from the city and take them via their hotel south of the city to the north of the city. The person was to perform at an event and we were supposed to be there at 5:30. Picked her up at 4:00pm and didn't get to the venue until 7:45 because of another crash near the airport that turned the city to gridlock

- Due to the time delay didn't get a chance to shave so rocked up to the event supposed to look professional sporting a ten day growth

- Accidentally left my sunglasses in Melbourne and it was bright as anything in Sydney

- Pretty sure I got flashed by a camera in the afternoon

- Finally got back to my hotel and went ot the bar for what I felt was a really well deserved beer and got told that the register had just been closed and I wouldn't be served.

I know, not exactly comparable to famine and pestilence in a third world slum, but it was still a pretty annoying day. End random rant.

That isn't actually Murphy's Law, it's just a perversion of such. Murphy's Law simply states that with enough repetition, each thing that can go wrong, will go wrong. It is a rule of probabilities, stating that as # of events approach infinity, so does the likelyhood of errors.

I dislike the common use of the term Murphy's Law - simply meaning that everything that could go wrong did. It seems that so much more could go wrong.

Well tough shit, Sheather, that you don't like the term. You know what I mean.

You devote too much time complaining about peoples' misuse of language.

• Like 6

murphys law is true, but its like saying...you believe in tooth fairies. but nobody has yet disproven that toothfairies exist becausethey will always be in the last place that you look for..........murphys law.

All in at the end of a tournament....

Pocket Aces beaten by 9d 3c!!!!!!

Electric kool-aid acid test ! Where is it playing, I might go see it tomorrow night.

It was playing in my living room. BT Junkie will hook you up.

• Like 1

I had an aura photo done the other day at the Mind Body Spirit festival. Pretty cool, the interpreter lady was incredibly accurate. I can post a photo if anyone wants to see :)