The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

Smoking Ornamental Lobelia's

Hey guys, just doing some research on Lobelia Inflata and found that most cultivars like the Erinus and Cardinalis are all from the one parent plant.. Inflata. I have just recently discovered an abundance of what looks to be L. Erinus in my step mums garden and am planning to hack up atleast 1oz worth of the herb to dry out and try, as I'm looking for something to substitute Tobacco. Just until my Rustica and Tabacum have reached maturity! :)

Also.. any thoughts or experiences with smoking N. Rustica? You hear all the hype about it being 20X stronger than your standard Tabacum but I would say more like 6 - 9x stronger sounds a bit more believable. I am a heavy smoker anyhow so I don't mind a bit of a headspin if it means I get free Tobacco. Let me know if anyone else has had experiences with Rustica.

I was reading last night that Lobeline has been reported to inhibit the uptake of Dopamine and may possibly be used therapeutically to treat psychostimulant abuse (which I was a victim of). Found myself in hospital with heart spasms/palpitations just from half a cup of coffee, but that's after going through basically 80% of amph/mdma substitute compounds. It has really made me quite "wired" all the time, very alert, rather snappy and impatient too. I never used to be like this.. which is why it scares me. The docs have me on a mood-stabiliser called Risperidone which I believe has made things so much worse, but I am yet to convince docs to take me off the shit.. which will no doubt involve using benzo's to bring me down off the stabilisers.

So yeah any info would be great guys!! Very keen to get involved with Lobelia's if they are effective. I've also read about the anti-asthmatic properties which would be a massive help to me as I'm currently smoking the nimbus mix (blue/white lotus and damiana) and that just seems to give me a tight chest and heavy cough, most probabaly due to the oils in damiana. I am quite keen to make a mix of Lobelia/Leonotis and then make a blue/white lotus extract to soak the mix in with. Maybe even a lions tail extract? Anyone ever played around with lions tail to make an extract?

i dont think its legal. perscription only, scheduled S4 i think?

Edited by Bush Turkey

dead set? there is 25g of organic dried L. inflata on ebay hey! within australia! :) Might have to get some and just use it for potpourri! :lol:

Lobaline was used as nicotine replacement therapy.

Ethnobotanically American Indians used it as well as tobacco and other herbs in their ceremonial peace pipes.

All alkaloids seem to wear two faces, cure or kill.

I have grow a few lobelias; The medicinal one to my memory was a large plant(1M+)with pretty scarlet red flowers You might still see it in Flower Catalogues (Chiltens?)

Occasionally you might see it in nurseries. It needs a lot of water

i dont think its legal. perscription only, scheduled S4 i think?

what is, lobelia? huh?? :unsure:

ashes, i dont think inhibiting DA uptake would relieve psychostimulant feelings, but potentiate them... anyway it sounds like you have some sort of anxiety problem that stimulant use may have brought to the surface. this seems to be reflected by your erratic post structure (you ask a lot of different things in one post...don't worry i tend to do the same lol). i also have a similar thing where a bad trip once brought my own anxiety to the surface. for a while i thought the :shroomer: had done this, made me crazy or psychotic or whatever, but now that i have a better understanding of psychology i have come to appreciate that the anxiety was always there and the experience simply unmasked it. i have similar symptoms like irritability, hypervigilance etc., as well as insomnia.

tbh i would look into cutting right back on any smoking, both to give your mind a break to sort things out, as well as your body. it sounds like you smoke a lot. regarding the risperidone, nobody can force you to take it. however be careful about stopping abruptly because that might have nasty effects. if you tell the doctor you want to wean yourself off it, and they don't help you, get a new doctor. they can advise against it but it's ultimately your decision.

please dont feel offended by my advice and remember you have every right to ignore it and insult my mother/cultural heritage/sexual prowess etc.

re: smoking lobelia: i have never really tried it, have it lying around though.

re: smoking leonotis extract: i had 3 cones of the SAB one and it didnt really do much of anything at all...even less than tobacco. i hate tobacco though so it was okay.

Thanks for your input mate, you've provided more clarity for me in one response than most doctors have done over numerous appointments! :) Ofcourse I'm not offended as everything you have stated, the hypervigilance, anxiety etc. I could not agree more, I understand exactly how I feel inside and you just nailed it all in one hit! So atleast that shows me and can assist me with what I need to be doing to overcome some of this.

I tend to get excited (as you would also know) when I talk about things or even ask for different items to purchase, I end up getting that into detail or bringing more subjects into the one haha. I kind of like the "alertness" of hypervigilance at times, apart from the slightly intense paranoia that I used to get, it's kind of made me more aware of my surroundings, alot cleaner around the house and not as caught up in my own mind.

After doing some further study on Risperidone I have discovered that by antagonising my dopamine receptors (aswell as the rest) it actually makes them develop more of them. Resulting in a high sensitivity to any dopamine precursors, DRI's or anything of the likes. So yes.. avoiding that would be a wise option. lol. To be honest I could carry on for another 8 - 10 paragraphs about the triggers of it all, how I was diagnosed PTSD and previous anxiety issues.. but I won't do that to you though! haha

Thanks again mate!

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Skullcap is amazing for anxiety, stress, and irritation, as is the ganga.

I tried smoking one of the little Lobelia's once, didn't have much noticeable effect though. SAB probably has the nicest Lobelia inflata I've come across, and it's pretty cheap.

In terms of Rustica, from what I've read, you want to cure it for a week or so, then age it for months in a cool, dry place. I'm sure you can leave out the aging if you don't mind throwing up all over the place all the time. :)

Edited by Roopey

ashes: of course! i forgot about upregulation... with nicotine(and presumably lobeline)'s action of releasing dopamine, i would assume you would be more strongly affected than others, particularly if you stop the risperidone. this probably also makes you more strongly addicted, because you are getting more receptors saturated at once. in this case i would advise against lobelia until you have been off the risperidone for a while to let your receptor density return to normal. but yeah im not sure if lobeline has dopamine-releasing effects like nicotine does so...yeah.

roopey: i disagree on ganja reducing anxiety. personally it tends to make me paranoid. not always, but often. i only use it if i have been feeling particularly un-stressed for a few days, otherwise i freak a little bit. THC also causes dopamine release so again this probably isn't going to calm down someone with overactive anxiety systems...though depending on the strain some of the cannabinoids might negate this effect. depends. skullcap probably a better option, especially in every day use as it is likely to be less disruptive than being stoned all the time...especially if one has things to do that require concentration and focused attention. low dose kava is probably good for this too.

• Like 1

roopey: i disagree on ganja reducing anxiety. personally it tends to make me paranoid. not always, but often.

I think this is largely based on the mindset someone has going into it. In any case, Mary does help bring things to the surface that otherwise would still be buried. This makes it easier to face the problem head on, especially when it comes to stress and anxiety as this is exactly the problem, no? When someone chooses to face their problem head on and to stop worrying about this and that, they are no longer in a state of stress. I think people forget that she is a mild hallucinogen, which of course means that you make your own experience when she takes you up.

Edited by Roopey

ashes: of course! i forgot about upregulation... with nicotine(and presumably lobeline)'s action of releasing dopamine, i would assume you would be more strongly affected than others, particularly if you stop the risperidone. this probably also makes you more strongly addicted, because you are getting more receptors saturated at once. in this case i would advise against lobelia until you have been off the risperidone for a while to let your receptor density return to normal. but yeah im not sure if lobeline has dopamine-releasing effects like nicotine does so...yeah.

lobeline does not cause dopamine release