The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
George Simian

This something to worry about?

Wow thats really big :lol:

You get a bit of orange on some cuts it has never caused me a problem.

The callus still looks nice and hard so you should be fine

Cheers

Got

Nope, all fine. As long as it isnt turning the skin into mush, its nothing to worry about. Some cuttings develope fungal infections. Thats actually normal as spores and bacteria are everywhere. The important thing are the conditions the cut is kept in and the actual health of the plant. If you´d wrap a plastic bag around the cut, chances are high it will rot away in no time. But if you make sure its dry till its healed, chances are minimal it would die from a fungus. You know, its the same process as you find in fungal infections of the skin. A healthy person rarely develops a fungal infection of the hands or the face. But the feet are vulnerable as some people keep them moist all the time. I´ve seen cuttings survive the worst cases of black fungals you´d ever imagine. Cacti are strong plants that can withstand a lot of things if you follow a few simple rules. Just keep the natural habitats of cacti in mind. Thats what i cant stress enough. If you wanna know how to grow a plant, look into the climate and the conditions they grow in nature.

Ditto. She'll be fine, I see that all the time and very been a problem.

Nothing it will probably heal, trichos are tough buggers. Make sure the cut face gets some direct sun this will help dry it out. Also for future reference it is better to cut it on an angle this will help water drain off. Also try and not get the cut surslface wet.

how much orange is too much?

or is there not such thing?