The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
George Simian

If it sounds too good to be true...

Yeah, I think some of the guys on the forum here have bought from this guy. In fact, I saw some of these cuts at a doof last weekend (don't know why someone would bring cuttings to a party, but then again, I'm a pretty boring fellow, I suppose :scratchhead: ).

They're not the most beautiful cuts but they're not a scam either. As you can see, they're throwing roots from the middle of the cut.

Not much to rip off there. Auction description is pretty clear about what you get. 5 Cuttings for 50 bucks. Good price, good size that will grow fast into a plant, etc. If the seller isnt actually a hazzle to deal with, its all good. But dont nail me on it if he´s actually the bernie madoff of cactus growing, just a gut feeling.

Yeah I bought some from that guy. Once you include posting they aren't that cheap and you probably get what you pay for in terms of quality. The ones the guy had on the weekend looked the same as the picture, pretty healthy and reasonable size. I got a bit of a mixed bag: 2 really dehydrated light-green cuts, 2 skinny pieces of old dark-green growth (one had a nice 10cm little pup though), 1 nice blue tip cut, and 1 little old thick piece which is scarred and rooting all over (I'll probably throw it down on it's side). Also, the packaging was terrible, as all of the cuts were sent in a box with no padding or anything. This meant that all of the cuts I received were covered in piercings, some with the spines still stuck in the flesh. I'm not sure, but I think this guy sells them expecting people to use them for something other than growing. He also sells one other product which would support this theory.

TL;DR: While the price is pretty cheap for bridgesii, you get what you pay for.

This is legit. Is Good & is true! I know this guy who knows a guy who knows a guys cousin who says that they are very clean cuts & they arrived in 2 days. :wink:

I think this guy sells them expecting people to use them for something other than growing.

If this was the case I don't think he would be including tips. Which were also placed in the order I am privy to.

Edited by muskrat

cool ill check it out and report back.

EDIT : this dude should be paying me, there is only 3 left now!

Edited by george_667