The Corroboree
bogfrog

Bog's Garden

my little succulent garden

post-8023-0-66083600-1319604944_thumb.jp

this stone face is firmly grown into the tree, scared the shit out of me the first time i noticed it

this is my cat Bog surveying her domain

my partner's big brain

Boggy and some bits and pieces

new peru and macro

post-8023-0-99628100-1319605306_thumb.jp

gingko bibliola and festuca coxii

my start at trying some bonsai - just letting them settle into their new pots before i start trimming

and quite possibly the nicest grass i have ever seen

post-8023-0-73146400-1319605494_thumb.jp

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

• Like 6

Looks like a beautiful place you have there :blush:

Wow love the crests :drool2:

Tip for growing your bonsai quicker-leave them in standard pots and train/prune them till they are more advanced then pot up into bonsai pots, you get much faster growth and in one year can obtain quite a good head start.

Dat grass!

Lovely garden, beautiful cat and nice crests!

Love the cushion plant too. Are you sure it's a grass?

cheers! certainly not too bad of a garden to inherit as a rental property, came complete with 3 plum trees, 2 apple trees, and apricot tree and a fig tree - i'll certainly be staying here for a few years yet.

will also add a pic in the near future of my big norfolk pine tree, i think its about 30-50years old, beautiful geometric form!

not 100% sure its a grass but will have a look at the tag next time i'm home.

and Moses cheers for the tip! i am a complete newbie its very much appreciated. i also read somewhere a day after ripping all the roots off my new plants that nz natives HATE their roots being tampered with and that it often leads to instant deathl! but they havent carked it yet so i'm considering myself very lucky!

A beautiful collection, and a very amazing property.

Sorry to go off topic, but in a few years I would like to move to NZ. How far from a city centre is your place, as it looks quite bushland, and is there public transport to the city ? I get the feeling from a few Kiwi mates that its easy and not far to commute between a city-based job and an idyllic home environment, and that rent/earnings ratio is way better than a major Australian city situation.

Your home must bring you much peace. Truly lovely.

Edited by Psylo Dread

Everything in NZ is close Psylo. Their cities are like large country towns here. Each city is only a few hours from the next, so bush properties are all relatively close to urban centres. At least, that how I saw it when I was there. It's an awesome country.

Just looked at your crest for about ten minutes very nice wish i could get something like that in aus :( thanks for sharing

my place is about 25-30mins walk from the centre of town but im in dunedin - some people love it some people hate it, we have this saying about dunedin weather being four seasons in a day, but with global warming i reckon it will end up perfect conditions. tripsis is pretty spot on with his comment, most places are quite small.

one thing i would also like to mention is that the north island has large areas which have been burnt for use as farm land so can be quite barren in some areas, whereas the south island is generally a bit more untouched.

depending on wheather you want to go to the extremes and live in pristine ancient forest and dont mind being a hermit your best bet would be the wild west coast of the south island, but if you want a nice natural landscape with a decent enough town to be able to party when you feel like it i would recommend wellington (very arty, cultural city, but lacks the small town charms of dunedin and you have to travel quite a while to get out of the densely habitated area) nelson (summer paradise, beautiful scenery but goes a bit dead on the social scene in winter)or dunedin (a large chunk of the population are students -most of whom seem like dipshit eggs getting all raucous cause they are away from mummy and daddy for the first time, but there has to be some good people amongst them. so there are HEAPS of young people and lovely area to live in.

glad to hear someone's considering crossing the ditch in the other direction for once!

very beautiful area!

curse you NZ people and your amazing environment... :)

Cheers for the response. Wellington, while probably not as isolated as I would like, would probably have to be my aim, due to needing an income. Just looking at the train lines, not too big, very straight forward. I think I should get a street directory of the city and suburbs and pick out some locations.

Where in NZ would you say there is the most multicultural diversity ? About the only thing I would miss with Sydney is being able to have lebanese for breakfast, Vietnamese for lunch and Indian or dinner, not to mention the local culture-specific supermarkets

Great garden Bogfrog! I love that staircase.

Dunedin is a wonderful town, I was there not too long ago to meet up with some collaborators at Otago Uni.

Wellington is a lovely town bogfrog. Very much like Melbourne with its culture, but smaller and thus more relaxed and nicer. Nelson is beautiful, though as you say, rather dead of the social side of things. Haven't been to Dunedin. Sounds like a nice place.

Seriously, if it weren't for the climate, I'd move to NZ in a flash. It is so much better than Australia in so many ways. I would miss the Australian bush and landscape if I moved from here, but NZ has a lot going for it.

Bog Frog can i ask where the Peruvian and Macrogonus came from?

hey someone from the south island!

they are from a guy who is selling trichs on trademe at the moment, his username is qo72 and is in nelson

have a look under trichocereus, he has heaps of big pedros on at the moment, i reccomend asking a question on one of his listings, he might have some perus left :)

Ha ha thought I recognised those plants, they came from me!!

Very happy to see them in such a beauctiful garden!

Cheers for the response. Wellington, while probably not as isolated as I would like, would probably have to be my aim, due to needing an income. Just looking at the train lines, not too big, very straight forward. I think I should get a street directory of the city and suburbs and pick out some locations.

Where in NZ would you say there is the most multicultural diversity ? About the only thing I would miss with Sydney is being able to have lebanese for breakfast, Vietnamese for lunch and Indian or dinner, not to mention the local culture-specific supermarkets

probably wellington would be your best bet for multicultural diversity! i love it there, very vibrant and creative

good idea on the street directory, i havent spent too much time in the suburbs other than miramar where my dad lives and that is a suburd almost entirely inhabited by weta employees and weta buildings!

very nice though. some areas seem a bit seedy.

another thing that amazed me about wellington is how many personal elevators alot of people have on rich clifftop water front properties!

hahahaa i thought that could have been the case

im glad you like what i have done with them lol

and thanks again, they have really made my collection alot more special

Great garden Bogfrog! I love that staircase.

Dunedin is a wonderful town, I was there not too long ago to meet up with some collaborators at Otago Uni.

awesome if you ever come back again send me a pm and come round for a cuppa!

My pleasure. Has been very difficult parting with these plants but between you guys and Centipede I know they went to the right people!

Itching to get my new collection started in Aus now!

lol i think we dunedinites scored a pretty decent percentage of your plants.

I bet! will you be raising some seeds over there or taking a short cut?

or a bit of both? if you are interested i could hook you up some ss01 x ss02 and ss02 x bridgesii seeds, and no doubt some off your plants in the next couple years

Awesome spot thanks for sharing!

love the rock - succulent - cactus garden

thanks! I did some of that classy stonework it was very fun and worked in well with the other rock walls everywhere,

its nothing compared to what my man is doing atm but i was very please to transform this little area from drab to fab

apparently the guy who lived there before me and landscaped the garden was called Xander Fires! i was also told he never had a blade of grass out of place