The Corroboree
woof woof woof

moooo poooooo

Hi folks,

Had a bucket of Cow Pooo and some spores. Rain season started and so I though, what if I simply mix the spores and some of that old cow poo together,.... dug approx 5 cm in the ground,... laid the spore poo layer in it for about 4cm and covered it with a cm of the ground I just had removed.

There were allot of wood loving fungi in a pile of old twigs and branches & nice humid wet wood.... seeing that was so inspiring that I went for my spores and did the 'No tek' tek right away. :)

So what do you guys & girls think about the chances of this succeeding???

Edited by woof woof woof

I've done this "no tek" tek recently!

Basically, same kinda idea but with large jars and just pasteurized cow poo.

chucked some spores down into a half filled jar and then topped her up with more manure.

seems like the jars are about 1 - 2/3 colonised, no contams from what i can see although they've been in the jar close to 2 months now, so very slow. but fun little experiment, letting nature do it's thing! smile.gif

also tried some jars with red lentils based on something I saw over at the shroomery I think... not much is happening with them.

I always thought that it was the process of the spores passing through the cows tummy that made this happen >.> guess not lol. I would love to hear how this tek works for you as it would so so simple lol. I just never tried as i thought it would be pointless !

A FOAF did transplant some dung from, a farm to a dank corner of his yard once and end up with a thriving little colony of fruits !

ok this is difficult for the non farmer but how about hand feeding, empty the spore print into a tasty cow treat, follow the cow around or possibly harness a poo bag if not in any way cruel, gather the poo and then put it in a prime location :drool2:

• Like 1

hahaha santiago!

thx for the replies guys. I will keep an eye on it and will report back if fruit bodies appear.

Rather than starting a new thread I thought here might be suitable to ask if anyone has tried pasteurising store-bought cow maunure? In the city it's easily procured at gardening shops and actually really cheap, but naturally it has been processed in some manner and might have nasty pathogens in it that you wouldn't find in poo straight from the field.

i planned on trying this only i planned on doing sterilised jars like fydesvindico said

i have horse poo (fresh from the paddock) :)

and am gonna grab some cow poo next time i get a chance

so i'd love to know if anyone else has ever tried this b4 and how it went

is it worth doing sounds like it could be very slow growing

maybe its just not worth even trying

Re the store bought manure, I have often wondered the same thing. I think it would be best to let it dry right out in the sun then treat like normal. Probably scooped out of sale yards and would be a mixed bag of green shit and dirt so that's why I'd age it in the sum before use. Be interesting to know exactly how it is processed.

I use cpoo more than hpoo. I live in a city and about the only horse we see have police on their backs. When you go to the garden center make it just says "composted manure" and not "manure and compost". Cpoo isn't as fluffy so it will need coir and/or verm added to it ( I use 50/50 cpoo/coir). I use coir then add dry verm later to get it to field capacity. I find that just hanging the bag for 24hours doesn't get it dry enough. I find that when my sub is too wet I run into bacterial issues.