The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I do so love a good cup of fucking TEA!

I prefer coffee. But this Tea...gosh damn if it ain't the best darn Tea I ever had.

For me, tea is to coffee as is metamusil to projectile diarrhea. Although I do enjoy the taste.

:wink:

What kind of tea are you drinking?

I find a cup of tea always tastes better out of a fine-lipped cup.*holds pinky out whilst she sips her tea :lol:

Nah, but seriously, it does taste better in the right vessel. Just like beer tastes like crap out of a thick plastic beaker, Straight out of the stubby is best!

EDIT: and whats with the sub forum this is in? Are you expecting a heated debate over tea YM, lol.

tis the time to have a cuppa and a talk, can you scratch my back?

I love tea too. English breakfast brewed bloody strong, to "english standard". That's 6mins steeping time, and 1tsp of milk per 125ml.

Also a good cup of organic green tea, I buy planet natural, bloomin good stuff, I try to drink at least 3 cups a day. The second infusion is always the best - always use this tea twice!

Great for hangovers, there's something so nourishing in black tea, not the theophylline or theanine, something else, maybe the cachetins...

Mmmm if I had to choose a single beverage to sustain me the rest of my life, I'd choose tea :D Screw you, kidneys!

I find a well-made cup more thirst-quenching than powerade or some such.

My 'tea' of choice these days (actually a tisane to be technically correct) is rooibos. Thus, I'm now endeavouring to grow it.

Actual tea is pretty awesome too, though now I find it so astringent. Genmaicha is excellent as well. Try it if you haven't already!

Coffee = meh.

@ Amazonian - heh nah, it's just one of those threads.

I was drinking plain old black tea with my own unique blend of herbs and spices thrown in. I fucking need it at the moment, I have a lot of stress and it's nice to know it's there to kick back and not give a fuck. Coz that's exactly what I need to do, go blank.

I had green tea for the first time in ages the other day. I've forgotten how great it is. Tis the season. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I love tea (and tisanes) but I have some serious problems with the whole "tea with milk" concept. It's watered down milk, for crying out loud! Nasty! :puke:

Tea, in my wise and considered opinion, should be black, with lemon, and a bit of honey if you're feeling especially happy. Or a sugar cube in your cheek, if you're Russian.

(Chai, interestingly, is different, I think. Something about the viscosity of chai, and the fact that the water and milk are boiled together, and the various spices that are added, mean that I can stomach the idea of milk with tea).

(There you go: I just made this thread worthy of the Bitches and Gripes sub-forum.:lol: )

Nothing wrong with hot, watered down milk. :wink:

I'll have jasmine tea or lapsang soochong black, but I love a bit of milk in my Earl Grey. Lady Grey is :drool2:

(Chai, interestingly, is different, I think. Something about the viscosity of chai, and the fact that the water and milk are boiled together, and the various spices that are added, mean that I can stomach the idea of milk with tea).

(There you go: I just made this thread worthy of the Bitches and Gripes sub-forum.:lol: )

I don't know what's traditional, but I never put water in chai. Just throw the tea and spices in a pot with some milk and bring almost to the boil. Mmmmmmmm

chamomile (from mcivers next to the markets) and honey, i think i'm addicted, i get a bit shitty if i can't drink it.

chai's the bomb too, but i could never be arsed making it.

I would have to say mormon tea does it for me :wink:

high quality tea leaves, steeped in porcelain tea pots, drunk in porcelain tea cups.

white tea, green tea, red tea, oolong tea, jasmine tea, jasmine dragon ball tea.

love it.

never had a warm liquid that taste good in my life...

has anyone tried this post-fermented "yellowtea"?

has anyone tried this post-fermented "yellowtea"?

i have tried pu'er tea yes, i liked it. it was high quality though.

there is also a type of tea called yellow tea, the leaves of yellow tea are prepared similarly to green tea, that is, unwilted and unoxidized, but it differs from green tea in that the leaves are allowed to yellow. the leaves are prepared with a slower drying phase, which allows them to turn yellow.

pu'er tea, which is a type of post-fermented tea, is the most common type of post-fermented tea, typically prepared by aging green tea leaves for extended periods, years even, exposed to air and humidity and the like.. tea which has been steeped from these leaves is often dark brown in appearance, leading to this tea being referred to as black tea, this of course is not to be mistaken with "red tea" which is commonly referred to as black tea in western civilizations.

Im surprised Lemon Balm hasnt been mentioned yet. Its the bomb. Thats those pesky edges off life and tastes great. Maybe im sensitive to it but its like low dose valium for me :drool2:

I recommend anyone that likes teas for chilling to grow this plant and brew the fresh leaves in a teapot. I think alot of the goodies are oils so you need to keep that contained so they dont evap off. Never had the dried leaves so cant say if that is still effective.

Do yourself a favour and get amongst it

chnt I believe that you may be talking about white tea, which is a fantatsic cuppa. Reinfuse a couple of times, its packed with antioxidants, GTGC l-theanine etc, and has much less caffeine than green tea due to not being fermented.

darjeeling for the afternoon, peppermint for night and yerba mate til afternoon

i could go on a lot more about tea but I'll save it

my fave is to go out the back, cut a few stalks of lemongrass and peppermint, chop em up into ~10cm bits, drop em into a pot ,boil 4 about 10mins, then simmer( Helps with a stack of things but i mostly use it to unwind my crazy guts.

cheers

chnt I believe that you may be talking about white tea, which is a fantatsic cuppa. Reinfuse a couple of times, its packed with antioxidants, GTGC l-theanine etc, and has much less caffeine than green tea due to not being fermented.

darjeeling for the afternoon, peppermint for night and yerba mate til afternoon

i could go on a lot more about tea but I'll save it

actually i wasn't talking about white tea. i mentioned white tea in my first post for this thread, post #18.

white tea is wilted and unoxidized rather than unwilted and unoxidized like yellow and green tea.

i love white tea and i drink it frequently, i think the difference in flavour between the 3rd steep and the first 2 steeps is incredible, and i will drink several steeps in a row because i love it so much.

some will say to steep the leaves 3 times only, but the best steeps are numbers 3 to 5, and i think it is good for up to 8 steeps though i will usually steep the same leaves 6-7 times.

thanks.