The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe you're talking about oolong (a mix of green and black teas or a grade somewhere in between) either way I wouldn't call any tea yellow because it would resemble urine.

As a general rule the difference between japanese and chinese green teas has to do with the fermentation, japanese green tea is said to be better than chinese due to the minimal amount of fermentation that the tea undergoes, chinese green tea (usually) is pan fried resulting in a more fermented, and thus higher in caffeine and not so fine a taste.

Totally agree chnt white teas (and some green) really benefit from those extra steepings.

i would recommend loose leaf tea over teabags, because even if is does turn you into a tea wanker, the difference in quality is monumental.

actually once again i was not talking about oolong tea, and i did in fact mention oolong tea in my first post (#18).

oolong tea is wilted, bruised and partially oxidized, and it can also be steeped 7-8 times, in some cultures they even discard the first steep and start drinking from the second.

there are actually 6 main types of tea that comes from the tea plant (camellia sinensis):

white tea

yellow tea

green tea

oolong tea

red tea (known as black tea to most of us)

post-fermented tea (pu'er is the most well known of this type)

out of these 6 types of tea, i have tried all of them except for yellow tea, but every time i was talking about yellow tea, make no mistake, i was talking about yellow tea.

thanks

Ahh apologies, so what is yellow tea? I think that is the only one you've not explained.

cheers

i briefly explained what yellow tea is in post #21, but if you're really interested you can search google or something, i use wiki for a lot of things, so maybe try that as well.

as i said i have never tried yellow tea so i'm not a good person to ask about it.

thanks

Redbush tea gets a second vote from me. I feel tangibly better after drinking it. However, I don't like how hard the tap water I have is, so don't drink much tea lately. :/

It's ridiculous to be honest - I water the plants a few times, and I can scratch off the lime ring. Oh well, the old lady who lived here before got to 90+ - so can't've been too bad.

speaking of old ladies - rosehip tea, mmmm

TULSI IS THE BOMB

Peppermint tea by far is my favorite. I had a plant that kept getting rust so i'm on the lookout for a new plant. Sapito, i've got a lemon balm plant thats going nuts at the moment so i might have a taste and see how good this tea is.

i would recommend loose leaf tea over teabags, because even if is does turn you into a tea wanker, the difference in quality is monumental.

A tea wanker? bahahahha

Lemon balm tea is great, you can just grab some fresh leaves, steep them in a teapot and drink some lovely lemony tea mmmmm

It's also really good for sore throats. :bong:

i'm for sure a tea wanker

Peppermint tea is excellent. Looking forward to trying my own grown native mint tea (Mentha australis). It is so intense fresh, it will be sure to make a good cuppa. Had it dried from a store before and it was very good.

Haven't tried lemon balm yet, but with a booming plant out the back, will be sure too soon.

i had a rooibos and lemon myrtle blend once. was delish!

Is it me or is there a slight peanut smell/flavour to the Lemon Blam tea? How do you guys drink it?

I can't believe no one has mentioned ginger tea. Nothing but dried ginger pieces and boiling water. Nothing better for a stomach ache or nausea. Your chest feels warm and fuzzy all night.

If only Sydney was warm enough to grow my own ginger...

....Did I see a story about an organic farmer in Tassie growing ginger? Or maybe it was ginseng.

i agree, also good as a thermogenic in winter, i've only ever had it using fresh chopped& boiled

i got crook right before exams last semester and drank heaps of it with lemon & honey, was really good

Ginger, I feel, is second only to tropanes as a natural antiemetic.

EDIT: legal, that is

If only Sydney was warm enough to grow my own ginger...

It's growing at the Sydney RBG.

It's growing at the Sydney RBG.

You mean Zingiber officinale? Outdoors? Everything I've heard says it can't be done.

Few years ago a mate stuck a bit in the ground near his back door in Newcastle. It grew such a bumper crop he called his place Ginger Shop.

If it can be done in Newcastle I can't see why not Sinny

bahahah I want a ginger shop!

I'm attempting to grow it in Adelaide. So far its sitting in a pot doing nothing, but I won't give up!! :rolleyes:

The native ginger next to it is growing well, so fingers crossed. :scratchhead:

p.s I love ginger tea mmmmmmm

Yeah, that's the one Marcel.

I had it 'growing' at my last place. The say growing with inverted commas as it didn't do shit really. They all eventually died. I have some pieces waiting to be planted here, but just haven't got around to it yet. They'll probably be dead by the time I do...

Anyway, I love love to grow a bumper crop of ginger, I'm hoping the last ones were just a weak clone. If it can grow in the Sydney RBG (right near the Ephedra plants if I recall correctly) and can be grown in Newie, then I should be able to grow it here.