The Corroboree
bogfrog

absurd dreams

Dreams a little dream

I found myself standing before a set of massive iron gates. Looking around me, it kinda felt like i was in a church? There were icons on the walls of saintly looking figures depicted in various poses, baroque paintings or fresco’s of sorts??

Anyway, all of a sudden my body started elevating off the ground, not too high but just enough for my feet to leave the ground.

My body formed an iron cross type pose and i stared at the gate. The iron latticework began to bend and buckle. Heaving and groaning, the gates blew of their hinges and were flung forward amid a hailstorm of glass shards. I laughed and hovered through the mess in front of me.

Flying was difficult at first. It took me some time to harness my ability correctly but once i'd completed a few 'loopdeloops', turns and thrusts etc …….it became second nature.

So i took off with great velocity down Punt rd Richmond. Cars were being blown aside as if they were empty crisps packets in a blustery wind. One guy on a push bike was hurled into the front wall of the Cricketer's Arm's.

Man......what a buzz.

I felt invincible but did feel bad for the bloke on the bike , so i did a uturn and came back to help him. By this stage, he was leaning against the wall surveying his mangled bike. I landed in front of him and he just looked at me in disbelief. He says" Man! what the fuck!"

I went to reply but as soon as i opened my mouth to say sorry......my breath just blew him a couple of metres down the side street. So instead, i just stopped breathing and spoke telepathically to him. I apologised and explained to him i was new at this.

I twisted his bike back into perfect shape and healed his wounds by pointing my index finger at them and a blue (it looked blue) ray zapped them. All good. I flew off but this time i noticed my 'Petal' was flying right next to me.

She was the size of 'Tinkerbell' and looking damn sexy!! So we stopped in a nearby park to have some sex. Um,..so we land, i pull open the front of my trackies and she fly’s in.

LOL.

BOOM.....it feels like a barbed, steel ball the size of grapefruit was rolling around down there- not too uncomfortable but definitely pleasurable. Then, suddenly it felt like she was now one with my cock. wtf?? Deliciously intense, i felt my skin colour changing....i was going magenta….Whoosh wam bam...it was over. Strangely, she didn't reappear??

Oh well, now we were truly one, not joined at the hip but ...um....joined at the .....

Next thing i know, i'm facing off with a villain in the middle of Olympic Park. The villain was Nicholas Cage. He was giving me those stereotypical Cagesque greasies and muttering to himself pacing around like a wrestler from the WWF.

I just looked at him, let out a tiny giggle .............my eyes went blazing red ..........and i melted him.

Standing over the puddle of what was Mr Cage, i spat on the mofo and flew off.

This was getting good...........

"BLARp BLARP!! BLARP BLARP!! my alarm went off.

1.30 am.

I rolled over , tapped the box. it went off.

I just sat there for a while on the edge of my bed.

Endorphing of my head :)

I felt euphoragasmic.

n.b it pays to keep a little dictaphone gizmo next to your bed to record the craziness before it blanks right off.

• Like 1

So is anyone here any good at interpreting dreams? Because I would love it if someone could try to give me some insight into what my subconsciousness is trying to tell me here.  

Usually when I have weird dreams it just does my head in for a few hours after I get up, then I just forget about it. But for the last few nights I've been having these sort of recurring dreams that are just completely doing my head in all day long.

Basically, there's this chick that is haunting me. She's got super pale white skin, extremely dark eyes with mega dark rings under them, hair as black as black can be and she is also ugly as all fuck (I'm not being offensive, since she is just a fictional character my mind has invented), yet at the same time has this sort of inner beauty that I can't really explain. Just looking at her scares the shit out of me, yet at the same time I can't look away. She's always following me around, hindering me from scoring some green (which I'm always hunting for in these dreams) and constantly offering me speed (which I never do). She's also always got people around her who I used to call my friends and then is either tricking me or even manipulating me to talk or even just hang out with them.

I'm never doing anything of much significance in these dreams, just kinda cruising around. But I'm always in this sort of fictional suburbia, but not like the clean cut leafy eastern suburbs where I grew up, it's more like the western suburbs, you know, partly industrialized and mostly old run down houses everywhere.

The only thing I can think of is that this spooky little thing is actually me, but my exact opposite. But apart from that I'm lost, I just want her out of my dreams cause she's doing my head in big time.

Has anyone got any insight? Maybe my subconsciousness is trying to tell me something? Or maybe it's some evil spirit harassing me out here in the bush? lol, Not that I believe in any of that crap, but I know there's people here that do and right now I'm open to anything that might help get this women out of my dreams. I mean, I guess it could just be as simple as those intense 'no cannabis dreams' coming back with vengeance. Although I've quit plenty of times and am fairly sure I have never experienced anything like this. A fictional person constantly reoccurring in my dreams, night after night to harass and haunt me.

Anyway, doubt anyone can actually give any real insight. But if nothing else, even just for novelty purposes, it would be interesting to here if someone else has had something similar happen in there dreams. 

Peace   

it's a haunting:

Yuurei

According to Shinto beliefs, all people have a soul called "reikon." When a person dies, the reikon leaves the body and joins the souls of its ancestors. However, when a person dies suddenly by murder, is slain in battle, commits suicide, or when he or she hasn't been given an appropriate funeral, the reikon may become a yuurei to seek revenge. Many yuurei are female ghosts who suffered badly in life from love, jealousy, sorrow, or regret.

but more seriously, i think the female represents a type of seduction. two things you mention she tempts you with is speed, and old aquaintances. you appear to have negative feelings toward these things? also i think i read in another thread you were giving up or have given up weed after some sort of addiction (correct me if i'm wrong here). so, she represents the seduction of things you might find ugly or damaging (hence the ugliness), but at the same time you know you yourself aren't that ugly desire for these things hence the inner beauty. i'm probably wrong in my assumptions so in that case i think it's ghosts :P

edited the waked out formatting

:scratchhead:

Edited by qualia

I think you know deep down what some of the main elements in the dream mean, but it seems you are afraid/unwilling to accept them. The rejection (it's pretty clear you're not embracing it) of what you see is quite probably on a lower level of consciousness than your immediately accessible mind (the definition of 'subconscious' includes this, but the connotation of 'subconscious' is very loaded, so I didn't use it outright), so it's something you will have to think about. I would suggest that asking more questions of yourself is how you'll begin to find answers. If I spelled out what seems clear to me (although I must admit, I can only analyze the dream as you've written it, from my perspective with my experiences from life as reference, how closely this matches you I cannot say), it would be like ruining a joke by explaining it - it's the sudden realization that makes it special.

Also, on a related note - my post in the other thread (you know the one), where I said a few sentences "you xxx xxx...", etc were not towards you directly. I just don't like typing "one xxx xxx" as it is just too pretentious in most cases.

They say dreams are abstract representations of events in waking life, we are thought to think in pictures so dreams are pictorial representations of our life packaged in a layer of abstraction where metaphors are the norm.

The third paragraph you wrote seems to be tied into the past and past acquaintances. Maybe you've moved on from those people and the amphetamine scene but there is still a part of that scene that intrigues you on some level ?

The super pale white skin & ugliness could be a direct allegory to the amphetamines themselves or maybe the night-life/lifestyle and ill health that goes hand in hand with those habits, after all it often turns into a form of self abuse when it starts to get out of control. Maybe the unexplained inner beauty is related to the obscure appeal the amphetamines can have - we all know it's no good for us but it is a good tool bypass any defence mechanisms that you might have developed in social situations and can seem beneficial in that respect, ie when you're on speed you tend to talk to anyone.

The reference to the weed could mean you just want a smoke or it could indicate that your priorities are elsewhere.

I don't know, that's just my drunken take on your dream :)

you're missing out on the unbelievable speed one of your old friends is getting.

• Like 1

Jabez - the time when I meditated allot I used to be very good at interpeting my own dreams and that really helped me to reflect on my innerworkings,.... with other peoples dreams is always difficult. You have to either know the persons psyche intimately or you's have to be very sharp intuitively.

Thanks guys, interesting stuff.

Damn qualia, gotta be honest you kind of spooked me out there a bit, out here in the bush by myself, lol. Was just drifting off to sleep when I read your post, it woke me right up. Not just the stuff about ghosts either, lol. You seem to have hit the nail on the head, weirdly! It just for some odd reason never occurred to me before I read your post. I did write a long thought out post, fully explaining what I think it means, but it's probably kinda irrelevant, nor of much interest to anyone else but me, I think.

Gotta say though, it would be pretty cool if it were ghosts. But unfortunately I doubt they exist. I mean I've been all over Australia camping out on my own, both straight and tripping balls on every psychedelic (not illegal ones of course, with all respect for the forums rules) around and am yet to see a single thing that could be considered supernatural. What a boring old world, lol.

btw, I do realize the ghost thing was a joke, but it is a very interesting thought, none the less.

Peace

it's strange to me that you think tripping and travelling could increase your chances of catching sight of the supernatural. i think it is more to do with perception, whether that is wishful thinking, (proper) hallucinating and kooky interpretation of events, or tapping into subtleties, psychic abilities, noticing patterns/symbols and/or actually causing supernatural events oneself.

yeah, travelling and tripping might alter the odds a little, but either way i look at it the inner self is responsible for noticing an event that is more than newtonian mechanics, and interpreting it as such.

• Like 1

Just offering another perspective for you to help work out if it fits more or less with what you thought Qualia was right about... but maybe she was your Anima (your inner female personality/consciousness/spirit/whatever) who has been deadened or sucked dry due to your usage. You might be wanting green, but she's always wanting more "harder" things to keep turning yourself inwards rather than outwards.

(I think I like Qualia's interpretation better too lol but anyway you decide). I like what 3woof said, too. Meditating has allowed me to more rationalise my inner workings in a more sensical (non-tangential) way than some particular drugs have.

FancyPants - i don't want you to take this the wrong way, and it in no way relates to you or your post, BUT ( :wink: )

i think males can understand certain archetypes of the male psyche better than females can, i.e., that a female in a dream will represent a seductive element. after i read jabez's response i knew that the reasoning behind what i said was correct - that humans are more similar than different in the way we view and perceive the world. i just applied logic of what i might view the dream as, given the very limited knowledge of what i know about jabez. and what do you know, Voilà.....

I think you're right, Qualia, that's why I thought you seemed to hit the nail on the head more aptly; it seemed to resonate better and then I saw Jabez take to that idea so I figured you were definitely right. I just like to offer other alternative perspectives just in case there might be something behind it :) (playing the Devil's Advocate drives my friends nuts sometimes...)

never seen a ghost, but I think they are very likely to exist, because I can theoretically understand how it is possible.

Yeah, there is clearly a fairly simple perspective to parts of it. Which is the fact that my ex was doing goey right before we broke up and my hard earned dollars were just disappearing. I'm also almost absolutely positive she pissed off with one of my speed freak mates (although no one will tell me WTF actually happened, since there was a time when I would of slit his throat if someone told me it was like that and where I could find him. It was pure jealousy of what I had, rather than actually having any real interest in her! But anyway, that's in the past.), which has consumed my mind and caused me great misery over the last 3 or so years, which I'm just now starting to get over. Which is why it probably wasn't so obvious to me, until I read qualia's post. I have also always felt during this time that the ganja is the only thing that made me happy. So I think all that stuff represents resentment and depression of some sort.

But I think the meaning of this female might be far more complex. It is funny that my original thoughts were that she is my exact opposite of how I personally perceive myself. I mean most obviously, she is female and I am male. Also her extremely dark hair and eyes, when I have extremely light hair and eyes, the white pale skin, when I tan very easily and have bronzed skin. I do think the most significant meaning of her was her unattractive appearance, but yet with the inner beauty. Which is the exact opposite of how I perceive myself (not trying to be conceited, lol).

Another thing that is probably very significant to these dream(s), is that I had just smoked, (I think the night before, but can't remember for sure) after a month of not smoking and to be honest, I didn't enjoy it at all. Just sat around waiting to be straight again, which would shock the crap out of anyone that knows me and knows how much I usually like getting stoned. Anyway, I think maybe she might represent letting go of the past and might all have something to do with me being ready to change. I don't know, something like that. I might still need to ponder the more complex aspects if it. Although, personally I don't see why qualia's perspective couldn't also tie in with fancy pants perspective of it. This female came across as a very powerful figure in these dreams, so maybe she has more than just one single meaning.

Gotta say though, I am actually kinda enjoying being able to actually remember my dreams. Does my head in a bit, but I guess it's all part of this crazy ride we are all on, I suppose.

Thunderideal, I think I have always assumed that tripping by myself in the middle of the bush would increase my chances to witness something supernatural, since the idea of doing it has always kinda spooked me out, until I actually did it. Also, tripping well sitting at home listening to music has never caused me to see anything that could be considered 'supernatural', so I thought I'd try something new. But it didn't end up being any different in the end.

Woof, I am open to the idea in a way. But I think it would have to have something to do with a physical energy being left behind, rather than some sort of entity that has an actual consciousness and can actually effect us in anyway. Maybe that's why ghosts are associated with sudden death, the energy of a individual might not have had time to evenly spread out and might stay kinda attached, as if it was still within a physical body. That would make sense, since when people claim to have seen ghosts, the ghost never gives any valuable insight into what's on the other side, but always seems to just talk about something that relates to the living world. Although I'm still not completely convinced! Coming from a childhood of constantly hearing idiot psychotic christians talk about interacting with angels and demons and shit. Honestly, I think a lot of the time people are just bull shitting, to make themselves appear more significant within there peer groups. 

Peace

the way you worded it this time makes me realise that this figure with dark, repelling exterior has the key characteristics of kali, which i also associate with mckennas feminine/alien "other".

kali is the creator of the universe and is said to appear in terrifying raiment, though she is acting with pure compassion to reveal/murder one's false ego.

i guess if you don't believe or perceive the world as supernatural, then it isn't? tripping enhances weirdness for me, but i already perceive reality as weirdness to begin with. it's a complicated topic and i guess there ARE external triggers that nurture one towards either side of the spectrum, but currently i tend to think tripping usually just reinforces ones position on the spectrum.

maybe it is to do with the reason that one is here, what their life is about, or maybe spirituality is a brain disorder that you lack, or maybe, maybe, maybe..... whatever it is, i still have a vague notion that it is do with how your 'mind is made up' and if you aren't seriously entertaining a mystic worldview then the mystic world probably won't be jumping out at you.

*shrugs*

I had a rather strange dream the other night,

I was on the run from something, a beast of some description, and my escape route was through a barn. Once inside the barn I noticed the décor, the walls, roof and floor was littered with blood. guts, hanging flesh off meat hooks. Around a corner I spot another beast, a pig or boar (I think it had tusks), it was snorting, ready to charge my way when a gun shot was fired from the loft in the barn instantly killing the beast. With the beast lying dead on the ground I noticed what was behind the beast, a female, pregnant. She was holding her stomach, convulsing as if she need to throw up, her stomach began to stretch, being pushed out from the inside, another beast explodes violently out of her, destroying her body, blood and body parts sent flying. She was left swaying where she stood, a hole the size of a bowling ball right through her, then she collapses to the ground with a thud, dead.

I wake up.

wtf?

Stop killing innocent life and become a vegetarian? lol. If your not or ready of course.

Seriously though, I never remember my dreams in such a structured manner, I only ever remember the concept of it, with scattered images.

Peace

since I began to use melatonin to sleep, my dream-life has become so interesting it is probably more exciting than my waking-life. I look forward to sleeping each night to experience another insane adventure with my favourite idols, friends from the past. last night i went to a doof on a mountainous tropical island and smoked a chillum with my favourite psy-trance producer. last week I shared a moment with my dad and started to cry as a third eye appeared in his forehead.

here is tom with the weather.

• Like 1

last night i shared a joke with the woman from portlandia. when i woke up i thought "that was quite lighthearted. i wonder what the most unlighthearted thing could be that would make people sick?"

Kuychi's comments on dreams reminded me of this thread.

I had an interesting dream this morning too.

I was in this weird building, sort of like a library that was also a hostel where heaps of people were staying. The only person i knew was one of my old best friends from high school, who i havent seen for at least 6 years. She was reading a book and i was fidgeting and watching everyone going about their business around us. "Where are we?" I asked her, because it suddenly dawned on me that this wasn't in New Zealand.

"Edinborough" she replied, looking at me suspiciously.

I somehow ended up on this giant racing track, and i was running, as fast as i could. The faster i ran the more i felt that something was following me, i glanced over my shoulder and i was being chased by all these animals, there were giraffes, elephants, monkeys, zebras and birds...they didn't seem like they were angry at me, more just like they wanted me to relax, slow down and join them, but somehow i couldn't stop running away.

Next thing i know i am somewhere completely different, walking along this beautiful coastal forest track. I was stunned by the vibrancy and sheer life force of this place. The further i walked down the path, the sandier it became and large sand dunes were sprouting in the horizon. Once i reached the sand dunes, i came across a big black whale that had green lips. It was stranded and i worked for what seemed like hours, digging a trench to the water with my hands. Once the trench was deep enough, i started pushing the whale through the trench, with all my might and soon it wiggled and slid its way into the water. I was absolutely over-run with emotions and i was crying with happiness that i had been able to save it.

Then i hear growling and this tiger begins running towards me, i scamper up the sand due and it stays at the bottom, snarling at me and pacing back and forth.

I follow the track back, but it has become overcast and foggy, i feel nervous and edgey, a swirly grey fog twirls ahead of me and fear begins to churn in my stomach. I start to run, faster and faster until i see a figure on the path ahead, just standing there, like he was waiting for me. It is a wizened little old man with a gnarled staff in one hand, and the other holds the leash for his pet baboon. With a very serious look on his face, he says "come with me"

I feel i can trust him so i begin walking back along the path with him and his baboon, who keeps taking sideways glances at me as we walk.

>I'min the middle of trying to make this into a short.

many critters winged and otherwise use our backyard as a watering hole.......

so i was dreaming this,

I'm standing at my kitchen window peering through into the backyard. I could see the water rippling on the surface. I just assumed it was the 'dive bombers'. The dive bombers are a type of miner species. They sit on thge edge of the fence and swoop in - dive and wash and generally have a little play in there.

Anyways, i quickly noticed that it wasn't the miners but intead it was two or three Cormoran's diving down and then popping back up, gulping their fish down quickly. Now i know that in some asian country that fisherman use these birds to dive, catch them some fish but because the fisherman tie a knot or something similar around the neck of the bird and this way the fisherman can retieve his fish before the bird swallows.

I thought wtf? So i went outside to inspect closer.

As i stood at the edge of the pool. the birds one by one dived down but.... to my surprise were not now coming back to the surface. Instead, bubbling started and it became increasing more bubbling.

So after a minute or so, i leaned in to get a closer look and a Cormoran's head momentarily popped it's head up but then...

WHAM!

A hand reached out from beneath the surface and dragged it down again :unsure:

WTF! i just stood there. All of a sudden a ninja in full uniform lifted vertically out of the pool and hovered there for a few secs before landing back on his feet on the other side of the pool.

He had the three birds in one hand and a lanyard around his neck.

He was smiling at me and i was dumfounded.

So I carefully approached him and slowly reached out to read the card that was in the lanyard around his neck.

It had a phone number and a name.

I whipped out my phone, dialed the number and this man answered.

I says"Hey i found this number on a lamyard around a ninja in my pool thats been eating birds and my fish.

he exclaims" What!!!! You found my ninja!! Whats you address?"

So i gave him my address, he came around in a 1 tonne van, opened the back door put the ninja in. Thanked me and paid me a reward of more fish. The ninja smiled from the back window of the van as i waved them good bye.

:blink:

• Like 1