The Corroboree
congojack

Fungi Contamination

Hello.

Im Congo, havent posted much but ive been collecting cacti for about 2 years and have now run into what i hope isent a serious problem.

quite a few of the cacti pots have become heavily contaminated with differnt kinds of mycelium.

I have repotted quite a few of them but i keep finding more and more contamination,

i was just wondering if there is a.......fungicide? that could be applied to the hole garden to reclaim the soil or if im better of just repotting everything? (if not a fungicide some other kind of soil additive?)

im open to any and all advice/suggestions,

thx heaps in advance for any advice

-Congo

PS: sorry if the post is a bit of a mess i had my wisdom teeth out last week and im still reeling from the

operation.

hi Congo

Can you get any pics of this mycelium?

I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a problem unless its actually harming the cacti in some way but I would assume that the mycelium would be after rotting wood in the soil?

I guess it depends on what type of mycelium you have

I hope that helps for now untill someone with a little more knowledge on the subject can help biggrin.gif

the mycelium its self is a yellow colour, very very yellow. i think its some kind of forest root rot fungus as i had a bulk delivery of forest soil that some yellow mushrooms started growing in, alas only after i had used a great deal of it.

ive never seen mycelia as yellow as this.

-congo

There was a post the other day about this and most ppl said it shouldn't worry the cacti at all some shrooms are bad but most are fine in your cacti pots. Get some pics and I'm sure someone can let you know for sure :)

congojack, you're mushrooms sound like Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. It's a common mushroom found in pots and gardens throughout the world and won't hurt your plant. It feeds on dead or decaying organic matter so unless your plants are dead they're fine.

Never a shortage of wisdom around these parts. I ignored the mycelium I was experiencing a few weeks ago with my seedlings and they came away fine. Reduced humidity, increased daytime temperature and it went away with no harm to my T. Bridgesii seedlings yay!

Edited by davidbowie

Greeting me at my front door this afternoon. Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, I suspect.

They are peeping out of several outlets across three pots.

Fascinating little fellows.

post-8419-0-76795300-1332326613_thumb.jp

post-8419-0-76795300-1332326613_thumb.jpg

post-8419-0-76795300-1332326613_thumb.jpg

They dont affect the Cacti, right? Had some mushrooms in some pots before but it never really hurt any of them. On the other hand there are some sclerotia forming fungals that make cacti go yellow and kill them within short time.

Generally a sign of over-watering.

ed

Generally a sign of over-watering.

ed

+1

Have to agree with that one. Lots of rain around lately.

This is what can happen when you neglect your seedlings for a few days.

I had less pins on my first attempt at growing shrooms. :lol:

post-4489-0-24907900-1332750330_thumb.jppost-4489-0-56949700-1332750406_thumb.jp

I only saw this little one when I was resizing the photos

post-4489-0-70244000-1332750387_thumb.jp

Cheers

Got

post-4489-0-24907900-1332750330_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-70244000-1332750387_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-56949700-1332750406_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-24907900-1332750330_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-70244000-1332750387_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-56949700-1332750406_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Haha good photo its a bit of a oxymoron isnt it :)

Cheers

Got

That looks like Paneolus cinctulus too which makes that photo just that much better seeing as it contains psilocybin/psilocin. Mescaline + Psilocybin Love.

Was there manure/composted manure in that mix?