The Corroboree
fydesvindico

any metal heads around?

Hey guy's wondering if there were any members here into alternate/ experimental metal/ core or whatever... I'm keen on a colab

... I've just been messing around with a new track, but am getting a bit lost trying to work by myself.. If anyone knows how to program drums properly/ play drums that would be awesome as I have no idea. I've attempted to write them myself just to get ideas down, but it keeps getting me stuck. also anyone that plays guitar and has any ideas to chuck in, lettuce know!

all idea's/ feedbacks greatly appreciated!

won't let me embed so here's the link:

http://soundcloud.com/fydesvindico/rough-demo

hey man, no time to comment further right now but i just want to say that i reckon your stuff is sick! & i don't think you did too bad on the drum programming at all... keep working on it & you will only get better... i'm pretty busy with stuff right now but still.. i'd love to have a play around if you send me all your seperate tracks!

I'm keen to do a metal / hardcore / DnB track. Don't have time to comment now either, but you can PM your MSN to me and I'll add you....

• Like 1

cheers paradox, yeah i've never really messed around with drum tracks.. its proving to be rather difficult. I've still gotta go in and try to jazz them up more, but not sure if I should bother if I can find someone who will rewrite them all better anyways haha.

slybacon, i'll shoot you through a PM, would be rad to mess around with some DnB and metal or whatever!

I'm keen to do a metal / hardcore / DnB track. Don't have time to comment now either, but you can PM your MSN to me and I'll add you....

have you dudes heard drumcorps? this guy works with the band Animosity & does remixes of their stuff... sick as fuck!

drumcorps soundcloud

edit to say he doesn't only work with Animosity but does heaps of other stuff as well

Edited by paradox

I love me a bit of metal \m/

Cool demo, im not a big fan of that style of drumming (in general, not your actual drug programing). Some nice riffs in there

I would be interested in hearing just the guitar tracks with whatever samples are in there if you are keen to post that.

There used to be a fair few metal heads on here but seems like there is FA these days :(

hey sapito, cheers. heres the same shit with no drums.. sloppy as! but its an idea!

http://soundcloud.co...ut-1-2-no-drums

yeah i love me a bit of metal every now and again, not my usual style of music... but its fun! keen for anyones contribution, have so many unfinished tracks/ ideas but can never finish em on my own!

edit** and anyone that can write better beat/ breakdowns... dooooo it! i suck haha

Edited by fydesvindico

nice one, sounds pretty good... I'd throw my hat in the ring but a near complete lack of time has sidelined most of my metallic spheres... what are you using for the drums?

here's a couple of my metal remnants, a sci-fi/psychedelic/instrumental track and an angry/weird/grind/oldschool track

and some other demos (with crappy quality, out of sync videos of the guitar and basic-as drums) I recorded a while back

and
which have drums recorded and just need finishing...there's not enough hours in the day I tell you! 2012 I'm going to get both bands up and running.

id be keen for some collaboration, http://hornagrind.blogspot.com/2011/11/gangrenous-meatus-sounds-of-sound-2011.html is a (very crappy) grind demo i made earlier this year for laughs. my vocal/drum work is pretty terrible but my strings i think sound alright. let me know if you would like me to be a part of your project anyway, would be fun.

That's putrid Dionysus... :puke: I dig it , I was grunting in a goregrind band earlier in the year but had to leave due to time restraints...

I would love to get a grind band going at some point, along the lines of Brutal Truth, Discordance Axis, Gridlink, Human Remains etc... alas time and willing participants are lacking :BANGHEAD2:

im glad you dig it xenodimensional, i havent heard much feedback for that i just sort of put it on the internet and forgot about it for a while.

I'd be happy to work on a more serious goregrind project with you when you get a bit more time, since the demo i posted i have got a bit better at mastering/producing in general and purchased a better interface for vocal recording so getting something pretty decent out of my end is well possible.

edited to say: i also recently bought an 8 string guitar, a goregrind project would be a great way to put it to use.

Edited by dionysus

Did I find this topic too late? :(

SWIM covering some Black metal songs on drums:

Edit: Fuck, Interface to God is an amazing song...

In a somewhat greater perspective of time

You are practically non-existent

so reach through the angry crimson of this dawn

To my eternal starfield domain

Actually looking for bands to drum for at the moment. Found one - want more! I'm 2 years quicker than those sloppy videos, by the way. :devil:

Edited by Blood Trance Fusion
  • Like 1

Never too late and nice work Blood. Emperor is my favourite BM band. Trym is a beast on drums, I absolutely love his unique accenting/phrasings.

Dionysus - I have an eight string too! It's a sign (or should that be 'it's a trap'?).

I reckon we should get someone like Blood Trance Fusion to record some nasty grindy drum tracks and then throw them back and forth and lay some guitars/vox/bass over them for a grindy Corroboree Collab.

I have had an idea for a grind collab project (called Mothgrinder) for quite some time. The main idea is to get a bunch of people to each record a 1-2 minute track and release it as a dodgy CDR... what you think?

A good mate of mine is currently putting together a black metal band in sydney. So far its only him doing all the guitars, bass, singing and programming the drums and its pretty wicked! Definitely worth a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/totalfatigue/music (Sorry I've got no idea how to embed myspace songs)

Speaking of 8 string guitars I just watched Meshuggah's Alive DVD........... EPIC to say the least!

Hey guys

I can't play music to save my life so not much to offer there just wanted to see if many ppl from here are going to sound wave this year it's going to be sick

Shoot me a pm of you need any guitars.

Lately I've been into between the buried and me, dark castle, yob etc

Hey guys

I can't play music to save my life so not much to offer there just wanted to see if many ppl from here are going to sound wave this year it's going to be sick

YEp, I'll be there and I have one ticket to sell as well if you know anyone who is keen?

ANy NSW folk from these forums considering tix to Meshuggah in Sydney - The headline is some cunt called Devin Townsend.

Are Meshuggah doing sideshows? If so I'm there with bells on!!!!!!!!!

Fuck I love seeing Meshuggah fans, Been into them since Destroy, Erase, Improve.. Great to see them getting more and more popular... They are a thinkin' mans band, Covering Meshuggah is challenging and fun.. Finding the right drummer is hard though..

I'm gonna throw a clip up of a band call Vildjharta.. I have been getting right into them.. They're swedish, and they are influenced by Meshuggah, but they are completely original..

Their debut album is called Maastaden.. Fucking awesome!

And a little instrumental with face rippin riffage!!

Edited by sethomopod

My mates band just dropped a new track & clip, it's sick, check it!

• Like 2