The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Grey Questions

I read an internet post about someone who wanted to ingest San Pedro, the relative alkaloid level of which he

was unsure of... this person had never ingested any mescaline containing cactii before, and was wondering what would be a good starting amount, and if there was any chance of toxicity or overdose if it happened to be a particularly potent strain... What amount would you recommend this person ingested to avoid poisoning (or frightening) himself, assuming that he is in a country where it was legal to do such things?

He said has an aversion to strong nausea and a fear of vomiting... apparently, he does not have a very weak stomach though, and the last time he vomited was over ten years ago when he was a drunken teenager... Would mescaline-containing cactii be likely to produce strong nausea in such an individual, and if so is there any way this could be avoided? Does anyone know of people swallowing anti-emetics such as Maxolon during such activities, and if so is it effective at quelling nausea, or are there any contraindications?

Edited by chilli

i have never ingested cacti and had effects so i cant speak from experience, but from what ive read 1ft seems like a common starting point for pachanoi. older tend to contain more alkaloids and as such i really dont think it would be effective to grow a 'sea of green' with cacti.

obvoiusly when it is dry and thin there will a higher concentration of alkaloids coz there is jackshit water but whether you would have any more alkaloids is still a fairly debated issue i think. i can say for sure that dramamine dont work

apparently the parts of the cactus that are shaded are more potent

I asked this question a while ago and was given varying answers but the best was a striaght up 350g dry i think it was or maybe wet i'll hvae to find the post.

Yeah 4.5 should be a very good ammount, but as drac said start with something smaller. Id maybe even try 1.5" first then go up in .5" incraments every hour or so...afoaf always feels sick from mescaline but he always says the journy is well worth it....

Yes, you will spew.

Especially if you spend alot of time worrying about it. If you go into a trip worrying about something, it's guaranteed it will happen.

Just deal with it.

Why be afraid of vomiting? I vomit at least once a week, due to my girly stomach. It's nothing frightening.

just pretend its a kiwi fruit milkshake!!!

its all mind over matter, dont be a wuss!!!

:D

boiling down to a skullable amount helps, just skull and think happy thoughts!!

oh yeah, and there is this method too

---------------------

well i read on the back of a toilet wall that if you make a strained tea, add a tablespoon of salt, and evaporate off the water till you get crystals rather than the snott. roll em into balls and swallow with some bread to smooth it out.

---------------------

it was posted by someone on here not long ago, could have been amulte, cant remember

yeah thats my one :D . works everytime. apparently. also if you hold back on the salt you can make snott and swallow blobs of it and wash it down with you prefered etoh beverage.

thats what i hear anyway

EDIT - Ive always mixed with etoh for great effects, in dreams that is.

[ 30. September 2005, 05:45: Message edited by: Amulte ]

Well there was an interesting story here about a guy who asked some stupid questions.

Edited by chilli

i cant remember if ive heard this before or im making things up in my mind, but does the white part (not the core) contain different alkaloids which cause nausea? If you didnt know chilli the gooey green part between the skin and the white part contain a far more concentration of mescaline that the white, and dont use the core..

Etoh is ethanol or ethyl alcohol. You'll also probably see Meoh around some places to, thats methanol or methyl alcohol.

chilli

quote:

But mostly, i want to avoid having panic attack

that's a sure fire way to have one bro, we tend to move towards our goals and if you focus on panic,you will get there alright

We pretty much all know where you're at with this and when you do get a chance in a country where legal, you'll actually understand more about your fears than you could've ever dreamed.

Strangely enough vomiting with entheogens can turn out to be a rewarding and sometimes funny experience...nothing funnier than your sitter panicking at the violence of a good spew as you giggle into the bucket :D

etoh is ethanol or plain old grog.

Easy to confuse- but you'll need to remember

ETOH = ethanol, ethyl alcohol.Methylated spirits contains mostly ethanol, and in many cases can be substituted

MeOH = methanol, methyl alcohol. This is definitely NOT methylated spirits, so in a lot of cases MeOH won't work as a substitute.

One way not to mix that up- every time you buy or decant methylated spirits- add a bloody big bit of gaffa tape to the new bottle and write ETOH on it with your trusty chinagraph pencil. Eventually you'll get the idea and it will sink in

Have seen quite a few new TC students wander past the methylated spirits bottle when looking to make up a 70% ETOH mix for sterilisation. It's handy for everyone to remember it early on

[ 30. September 2005, 08:51: Message edited by: Darklight ]

Yeah, etoh in this reference is good ol plain grog :D