The Corroboree
Mycot

Occupy Melbourne Occupy Australia

Call out made to Occupy Australia: People of the world rise up on October 15th!

As the Occupy Wall St protests continue to spread, a call out has been made for Melbourne, Brisbane , Sydney, and Perth to join the global day of action United for Global Change on October 15th. Occupy Melbourne has stated the aim of "NON-VIOLENTLY sending a message to the financial sector worldwide. Australia too is under the same bind of freedom because of monetary policy and corporate greed. Show your support for Occupy Wall Street! Occupy Australia!!!" The day is an attempt to unite the struggle by ordinary people around the world for a true democracy. A democracy where the needs of the majority of people is put before the profits and privileges of the few. A world united under the banner of solidarity, workers and human rights, peace and environmental justice. It is time for Australia to join the global movement that has seen non-violent mass protests and uprising against both military dictators and the dictators of capital in Greece, Yemen, Chile, Egypt, Tunisia, Israel, USA, Spain, Portugal, Libya, Syria, Bahrain, the UK and beyond. It’s time for us to unite. It’s time for them to listen.

Full page/further info at http://www.indymedia.org.au/2011/09/29/call-out-made-to-occupy-australia-people-of-the-world-rise-up-on-october-15th

Background info http://www.indymedia.org.au/2011/09/21/occupy-wall-st-the-american-revolution-declared

October 15 - United for Global Change; with global map locations http://map.15october.net/

Edited by Mycot
  • Like 2

Firstly, I'm in support of this movement. BUT, if this is all to send a message to the financial sector, and target the current monetary policy and corporate greed, why is this starting on a Saturday? I wonder how many people will come for the weekend and then go back to their corporate jobs on Monday...

• Like 1

Occupy Together has gained increasing momentum and solidarity from many quarters and now counts 1420 communities participating worldwide. From their site was found the following meetups planned for Australia most for this coming Saturday. New Zealand has 5 communities participating.

Perth Forrest Place Sat Oct 15 1:00 PM

Adelaide Victoria Square Sat Oct 15 10:00 AM

Melbourne City Square Sat Oct 15 10:00 AM

Gippsland warragul train station Sat Oct 15 8:00 AM

Sydney Martin Place and Macquarie Street Sat Oct 15 12:30 PM

Byron Bay Railway Park Sat Oct 15 12:00 PM

Brisbane Queen Street and Adelaide Street Sat Oct 15 9:00 AM

Cairns City Place Sat Oct 15 7:00 AM

Canberra City Walk Tue Nov 22 1:00 PM

Edited by Mycot

I will be at Federation Square on Saturday with a bunch of cats to show our support for the Wall Street protesters and also in the hopes of contributing to a similar ball starting to roll in Australia.

i don't think it's at fed square. city square is a little way down swanston st from fed square.

I tried to check the occupy adelaide site last week, and both IE and FF browsers said it was a suspect site. Anybody else getting those warnings?

and also in the hopes of contributing to a similar ball starting to roll in Australia.

Balls rolling. There are plans to set up a permanent campsite outside the Reserve Bank in Sydney as part of the global day of action.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1596561/OccupyOz-landing-in-capital-cities-

In Melbourne, protesters plan to camp out in Swanston Street’s City Square indefinitely in solidarity with their US colleagues.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2011/10/04/the-wall-st-journey-hits-our-shores-but-do-we-need-it/

There's a couple related threads here at the corroboree so info may be a little distributed.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29370

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29549

Edited by Mycot

I liked the idea but couldnt go. With a lot of these types of things the very people that would benefit from what your talking about will denounce you. Or are to secluded in their ivory towers telling themselves they deserve to be born with a silver spoon...

I remember once at a union rally this bloke in a truck yelled out to us to get a job. I mean fuck - we had union signs and shit - how many unemployed union members do you meet lOL?

• Like 1

i went !!!!

321218_10150876446385440_770410439_21333806_769587114_n.jpg

305475_10150876451765440_770410439_21333828_657131584_n.jpg

314386_10150876451985440_770410439_21333830_460719363_n.jpg

305893_10150876454700440_770410439_21333843_1354896672_n.jpg

298965_10150876454755440_770410439_21333844_1312312811_n.jpg

299018_10150876470990440_770410439_21333889_1599078608_n.jpg

lots and lots of people , i mean lots.

i had a ball and it was great to see lots of protestors.

Edited by 7baz
  • Like 2

Cool pics 7bas and good to hear you had a ball. No reason why serious activism cannot also be fun. Talking of fun it looks like the good Melbourne peeps are still at it. Check the vid in this news link.

Occupy Melbourne activists stage a rowdy rally in Melbourne. Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/stock-exchange-bank-hit-by-rowdy-rally-20111017-1lsmc.html#ixzz1b6iTWB00

I went to Occupy Byron Bay and likewise had a ball. Here's a link to a vid of some of the action at the Byron Bay protest.

Edited by Mycot

man awesome stuff.

i have sincerely been thinking of making my own banner and taking it down town.

but knowing me id be the first person in australia to be arrested due to the extreme nature of what i would write lol

i would write something like....

What I don’t understand is, why are none of the names of the criminal elites on all the signs and posters that the protesters are carrying? ROTHSCHILDS END YOUR RULE, ROTHSCHILDS SHOULD BE IN JAIL, ROCKEFELLERS ARE GENOCIDAL WAR CRIMINALS, KISSINGER WANTS 90% DEPOPULATION, QUEEN ELIZABETH & PRINCE CHARLES ARE DEPOPULATIONISTS, KRUPPS ARE KILLERS, ASTORS ARE BANKER THEIVES, BUSH FAMILY ARE GENOCIDE PLOTTERS, BUFFET ENGINEERED ECONOMIC CRASH, GREENSPAN ENGINEERED ECONOMIC MELTDOWN, GLOBALISTS DEPOPULATE YOURSELVES…END YOUR RULE, MEROVINGIANS ARE THEIVES, WALDORFS ARE KILLERS, FREEMANS ARE CRIMINALS, CARNEGIES ARE CRIMINALS, SCHIFFS ARE BANKER CRIMINALS, MONARCH FINANCIAL RULE ENDS NOW, etc. Unless we expose the ROOT CAUSE of the problems and only talk about the important but lesser problems, the elite oligarchs are still there to do all these things to us again another day.

reckon id get in deep shit ?

• Like 1

knowing me id be the first person in australia to be arrested due to the extreme nature of what i would write lol

I applaud the enthusiasm and although you may not get arrested, extremism may have unintended results. I think because the stakes are so high we need to play smart and intelligently.

What I don’t understand is, why are none of the names of the criminal elites on all the signs and posters that the protesters are carrying?

Partly because there are so many of them and the problem is quite broad. This puts me in mind of Machiavelli.

A prince, then, who wishes the good will of a people that is hostile to him, (I speak of such princes as have been tyrants in their country,) should first of all ascertain what the people really desire, and he will always find that they want two things.

One, to revenge themselves on those who have been the cause of their enslavement.

(That’s always the case and that’s again the trick they can use because they can blame someone else and you’ll attack them.)

And the other, to recover their liberty. The first of these desires the prince may satisfy entirely, and the second in part.

(Now this is important. He says, “and the second in part” because obviously if you wanted to stay in charge and rule over people, you can’t give them liberty so you give them the appearance of liberty.)

The first appeals to baser instincts and ultimately achieves little because while the structure remains the same, new psychopaths are ready to replace the ones gotten rid of. As in the war on (some)drugs, take out one dealer and there will be plenty to replace him the problem being structural.

Better to get the second met, change the structure and gain real liberty.

Introduction to Machiavelli - Keeping Elite Control Using Freedom and Revolutions

Unless we expose the ROOT CAUSE of the problems and only talk about the important but lesser problems, the elite oligarchs are still there to do all these things to us again another day.

reckon id get in deep shit ?

I agree band aid solutions are not going to work. It's a matter of education, wising up and bringing about real change.

As to whether you'd get in deep shit, who knows, there are some pretty crazy and even dangerous nutjobs out there. As said earlier play smart and best of luck & don't forget to keep having fun. :wink:

Recent news in Australia. Occupy Bisbane and Occupy Sydney are still growing and Occupy Melbourne is having problems with extreme police violence.

Edited by Mycot
  • Like 1

i was protesting all day today , more then 8 hours , wow it was wild , so many effin people , amazing , just purely amazing

• Like 1

what's a depopulationist? :unsure:

I would assume it would be someone who practiced the art of depopulation. :wink:

Edited by Roopey

I would assume it would be someone who practiced the art of depopulation. :wink:

okay but that isn't that a good thing? it was inferred it was bad. considering almost every problem people have on earth is caused by overpopulation. personally i wish the world had 10% the number of people. am i a 'depopulationist' now?

okay but that isn't that a good thing? it was inferred it was bad. considering almost every problem people have on earth is caused by overpopulation. personally i wish the world had 10% the number of people. am i a 'depopulationist' now?

Depends frank :wink:

If you had the power to do so, would you plan and authorise the culling of the existing population ? :uzi: :uzi:

Like the supposed "agenda 21" ?

Edit : How come mycot has been negged so badly in the OP ?

Edited by tipz

i read in the hun this morning a line such as "charity workers say sources have said there were DRUGS GIVEN TO 14 YEAR OLDS!!!"

shock!! horror!!

demonisation of the protestors from "someone who said they heard something from someone who said...."

amazing, wouldn't stand up in a a court of law, but perfectly acceptable to print in a major publication,

still thats "journalistic privilege", no burden of proof required, as long as you write "sources say...."

thats the hun for you i 'spose :wave-finger:

I only just noticed. It appears that I am part of that 99% that is being denied a voice regardless of the value of my contributions. I believe it derives from a thread where I encouraged critical thought on the subject of feminism just as I do towards all subjects. No subject that is a matter of public interest and concern should be beyond the sphere of discourse and critical thought. To me critical thought will very much be a needed attribute if we are to successfully steer our future.

If I am correct then frankly I find this vindictive behavior petty and disgusting on the part of haters unable to differentiate between an idiological critique and misogeny. It's sad that this thread should be marred by this and that I should have had to take time out to address this behavior in a thread devoted to the Occupy Movement where it certainly does not belong. This is an Occupy Together movement, we're in it together and have quite a task ahead of us.

Edited by Mycot

Depends frank :wink:

If you had the power to do so, would you plan and authorise the culling of the existing population ? :uzi: :uzi:

Like the supposed "agenda 21" ?

i wouldn't want to cull people, of course not. however if there were a way to sterilise people with no negative side effects (other than you know, being sterile) then i would definitely not mind doing that. my ideal system consists of people having one child, then being harmlessly sterilised. of course having it be reversible in case your child dies would be cool. this would only apply until the population becomes manageably low, at that point it would be two children, so the world population could theoretically not change. also i guess to be fair it should be one successful pregnancy rather than child, to account for twins and such. i'm sure there will be people who take issue with this, however i believe massive depopulation is the only chance our planet has of lasting much longer.

No subject that is a matter of public interest and concern should be beyond the sphere of discourse and critical thought. To me critical thought will very much be a needed attribute if we are to successfully steer our future.

i completely agree mycot,i hope people can critically analyse my above viewpoint without being unnecessarily reactive to the point of THINK OF THE CHILDREN hysteria. also for the record i have never 'negged' anyone, i don't even know how that function works. is it like on youtube/reddit? i dont know where the buttons OR outcome is displayed....i like the concept though. so yeah wasnt me :innocent_n: