The Corroboree
obtuse

Will Rekowski aka Gomaos has died.

I regret to inform you all that Will Rekowski otherwise known to us as Gomaos has passed away.

At this point i have very little details, except that he passed away on 14/09/2011.

All we have to go on at the moment is from here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Helping-hand-funeral/149836718443297?sk=wall

All my condelences to his family.

He will be sadly missed.

Rest in Peace Gom,

Cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 1

condelences to his family firstly

my mother said if you dont have anything nice to say you shouldnt say anything at all so i wont

• Like 2

wow what a shock!!! RIP man.

Your plants will live on.

he was always a nice helpful guy to me

may you be at peace

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

RIP gomaos

To his friends and family my thoughts are with you

@ Mr pink unless I've misinterpreted what you ment maybe you shouldn't have said ANYTHING at all, uncalled for!

• Like 1

My Condolences to family and Friends.

this is officially a mouring week for this community.

yes the plant and energy will live on

• Like 1

Wow that is a shock, very sorry to hear :(

He was quite a character, I didn't know him well but did some trades and was always good to me too.

As Bush Turkey said, your plants will live on.

My condolences to his family and those close to him.

2 plantheads in the space of a week, very sad indeed.

• Like 1

Just got some plants off him a few months ago, fuck. RIP brother.

• Like 1

RIP dude.

Every plant you ever sent me is still going strong.

I even sent out some cuttings from one of the psychotrias on Monday.

Your efforts have had a very positive & lasting impact.

Ciao

• Like 1

You will be greatly missed Will

you would be better served by paying closer attention to what your Mother tells you Mr Pink

Edited by ramon
  • Like 4

Rip Gom

A very help full bloke that I got very my first cacti from.

May his plants live on and keep him in our thoughts.

Got

• Like 1

RIP Will

Thanks for the generosity and sharing your love of plants

:(

• Like 2

Holy crap! Met the guy once by chance at a market a couple of years back and obtained some plants that I have never come across in my travels since. A sad loss for sure.

RIP Gom, I'm glad we got the chance to meet.

Condolences to your loved ones.

• Like 1

Furrrrrrrk mann

What a fucking horrible thing.

Such a nice friendly man, every time i gave away plants at meets and he would take one, it would make me smile to know such a guy would want one of my plants, MY PLANTS! Was never anything but generous and friendly to me, gave me so many seedlings and cuttings - All of which i still have today and will continue to treasure.

So freaking sad, :BANGHEAD2:

Will miss you

• Like 1

RIP Gom

The world is a poorer place with your passing.

• Like 1

My condolences to his loved ones.

Had some trades with him at least 9 years back. Saw him start selling his own plants way back then.

Hope he was at peace when he passed away.

We all go one day. Hopefully we will have peace when we ourselves have to go.

I am really wondering how he looked like. I will look him up on his FB.

• Like 1

I won't let a few years of gom hating me (that sentiment was never mutual) get in the way of remembering the good times and the generosity and passion Will had for this community.

Will, little Oscar and Denis in 2004 at EB4.

post-6-0-58336200-1316766618_thumb.jpg

will.jpg

will.jpg

• Like 5

hope ur resting up in your hippy paradise.

• Like 1

Wow, my heart goes out to all his family. A sad day indeed...

• Like 1

i remember getting my first computer in about 1998/99 and stumbling across some dude called gomaos whilst internet surfing, at that particular time i didnt really know much about more obscure ethno's such as hbwr..i specifically remember emailing gomaos at shamanaustralis and i like yesterday remember a place called gomaos garden gif which was on the front page here i think. i never personally knew him besides a few seeds here and there, i saw a glimpse of his garden once in qld on a pic somewhere and it looked awesome.

this feels fairly sad to me in the limited knowledge i have, the floods ruining his work, his subsequent relocation......maybe he was getting his life back on track, maybe it was all too much of a change. who knows......the only thing you can do is think of him in the best of light as i think this is the best of human nature when somebody passes away, i always wondered what he looked like too and strangely thats exactly what i thought he might look like.

feel sad for that little kid too he looks like a champ, hopefully he remembers his dad and the happy things for the rest of his life.

all the best gom.

and whoever that is negging 5 or 6 heart felt sympathies here i feel a ban coming on, if not i demand one...........wrong place, wrong time whoever that is. i have no fear of a neg but your an idiot.

Edited by santiago
  • Like 3

He was one of the first people to send me plants when I started collecting ethno plants. I probably wouldn't have continued if it wasn't for him. thanks RIP.

Rip gom. I hope you went peacefully. Thanks for your generosity.

and whoever that is negging 5 or 6 heart felt sympathies here i feel a ban coming on, if not i demand one...........wrong place, wrong time whoever that is. i have no fear of a neg but your an idiot.

Demand all you like, but I can't see how that would be in any way relevant. Some people don't feel that death suddenly puts people beyond criticism, and for all the good gom did in this community there is also plenty to counter balance that for people who knew him well enough. While I personally don't think memorial threads are the place to bring up such issues, I am not going to impose that on others, however I do ask that it is done with minimal impact for the ones grieving.

I think it would be nice to focus here on his generosity to this community, which is beyond question.

• Like 5

sorry torsten your right, i just didnt think the systematic negging of multiple innocent comments was justified, yes i suppose it is irrelevant...i had no right to demand anything and for that i apologise. to others who might kneejerk mr pink was positised whilst others negatised so obviously it wasnt mr pink..unless of course he is abusing forum rules but thats for others to decide.

Edited by santiago

Negging people for showing compassion has nothing to do with whether Gom deserves criticism or not. Whoever is doing the negging is negging the people making the comments, not Gom himself, comments which have been made in heartfelt sympathy for the death of a fellow community member. How are those negs deserved?

mr pink, what can ya' say about mr pink, I think he already summed that up in his post..

Will Rekowski was a good man, pink, some of us aren't as nice as him, get it!!

• Like 3