The Corroboree
apothecary

Smoking mixes

No idea :P

I think atropine is good for reversing the effects of nerve toxins or something similar...but like I said, I'm no neurobrainhead guy :)

• Like 1

ahhh now i see apothecary. how foolish of me.

on another note, would this mean that atropine could be used to cut down the toxicity of amanitas because they inhibit muscarine action? because that would be good....

I would have immediately thought so but instead did a little bit of searching around...

Answer seems to be yes, but I'd imagine you'd need to do a bit of research in order to get dosage correct.

"Muscarine poisoning is characterized by increased salivation, sweating (perspiration), and tearflow (lacrimation) within 15 to 30 minutes after ingestion of the mushroom. With large doses, these symptoms may be followed by abdominal pain, severe nausea, diarrhea, blurred vision, and labored breathing. Intoxication generally subsides within 2 hours. Deaths are rare, but may result from cardiac or respiratory failure in severe cases. The specific antidote is atropine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscarine

• Like 1

This has always been one of my favourite threads Sina! Look forward to when you have some time over the Summer to experiment and report on some new mixes.

Particularly anamored with going further with Lotus/resin admixtures.

Anyone else working on anything of interest at the moment?

I have been playing with a Nelumbo/Nympaea/Brug/Sativa mix which is quite quite pleasant. I would usually mix some rustica in but it doesnt tend to last this far through the year.

Looking forward for warmer weather to be upon us. The recent rain is a welcome start to the growing season.

• Like 2

Sorry, nothing new, I had an idea the other night while hanging in the lab, I'll let you know the next time you're on ;)

Some great mixes guys :)

Edited by cisumevil

I just picked up some Hyoscyamus albus flowers (incl stamens) and set to dry. Stay tuned for an idea I had :)

Well here it is as promised:

2 dried Hyoscyamus albus flowers (incl stamens)

10 threads Saffron

Combine these two, then an equal part of cannabis (i.e half cannabis half hyoscyamus+saffron mix).

You won't believe it till you try it.

EDIT: Please note I have not attempted this with any tobacco involved so keep that in mind for the spinners.

Secondly, be prepared for some hot smoke :P

Edited by apothecary
  • Like 1

LOL.

I just spoke to my cousin. He was adamnant that I had come up with nothing new and he has been smoking a mix similar to this one for years!

• Like 1

I've also been mixing about 30 threads of Saffron with MJ :)

Watch out if you have had a few drinks though :wacko::puke:

Saffron induced nausea is kind of why I add the Hyoscyamus :)

• Like 1

My cousin warned me also that frequently mixing with Saffron is a bad idea because after a few weeks it makes you feel a bit dumb or something like that.

• Like 1

Saffron induced nausea is kind of why I add the Hyoscyamus :)

It wasn't just the nausea, It seemed to bring on my 1 Beer and 5 Makers Marks 10 fold!!!! Went from feeling tippsy to DRUNK (No co-ordination, Spinning, Hot flushes, sweating to Throwing up) & that was after 1 cone!

When Im not drinking I can have 6+ of these within a few hours.

It's nice to add some Brug flowers also :)

I was still kind of working on this one, but because of the recent Lactuca thread I figured I'd throw my notes out there so you can see just how sedating this stuff can be when used correctly.

10 mature leaves of L.virosa specimen stripped down to the veins/chunky bits and bled into a cup.

3 drops Backhousia citriodora essential oil.

3 powdered Hyoscyamus albus flowers.

Mix lactucarium and other two ingredients together, smoke it like you would a ball of hash (good for 3 people).

I have only tried this once as it knocked me out where I was sitting about fifteen minutes after inhaling.

EDIT: Got the idea of this one after reading the main constituent of Backhousia citriodora - Citral - is an aldehyde with sedative properties

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=14475272

Edited by apothecary

Im an amature in thinkin of mixes, but i got a craazy idea that may work.

How about fortified sally d leaf to about 2/3x not to strong,add some tabbaco n some sturdy indica.

coz the sally wont hit u like traditinal methods it may add some pazzaz to the thing

:crux:

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

ok so this is only for the "scientists"

Didnt T send out your lab coat and glasses when you registered??? :P

What's the point of posting random combinations of herb that might make a good mix? if we all did that then this thread would quickly degenerate into being pretty useless.

That said, your suggestion isn't actually half bad. When sally was still legal we used to make a mull mix with sally and a few other herbs. You don't actually need an effective sally dose to make a potent mull mix. Even just crappy plain sally leaf will do the trick. There is a nice synergy.

I do query the tobacco in that though and I think that's probably what apoth is referring to. I certainly would not look forward to a tobacco sally combo regardless of what else in in there. So yes, please try it out and report back before this thread degenerates into endless hypotheticals, snide comments and finger poking.

I doubt any of my mixes would pass any "scientific" standards of any sort...

This thread is for people who have come up with a smoking mix, gotten results (negative or positve, doesn't matter, it's all useful info about interactions) and want other people to know!

The smoking mix "Spice Gold" that is getting killer reviews from multiple forums as a MJ substitute claims to contain a mixture of:

Baybean, Blue Lotus, Lion's Tail, Lousewort, Indian Warrior, Dwarf Scullcap, Maconha Brava, Pink Lotus, Marshmallow, Red Clover, Rose, Siberian Motherwort, Vanilla and Honey.

It's very expensive and becoming very popular in the UK. Perhaps a good starting point for cheaply duplicating it would be to individually try each of these, then start blending.

Judging by the experience reports I have read, I would guess most of the effect to be sourced from the Maconha Brava and the Pedicularis (Indian Warrior).

I am sure the mix would have identical (or near identical) effects with several of the listed ingredients removed.

If people weren't aware, darcy from Herbalistics is already selling a Maconha mix (search for Zornia on his store).

Yum.

Just a refinement on the dreaming mix:

Datura metel flower (0.1)

Calea flowers and leaves (0.7)

Withania leaves (0.2)

For excellent taste, burnability, very smooth, and effect.

I have mixed some up as one of the 'runner up prize' thingies for the Haiku comp, and the leftovers will get put up for trade later :)

I think this one is changa worthy.

EDIT: To note the Calea has been curing for almost three months in an airtight jar.

Edited by apothecary

In keeping with the un-scientific approach of this thread :lol: , some time ago a friend and I made a mix as follows:

2 part book-cured tobacco flowers(the best part IMO)

2 part Indian Warrior

1 part Sceletium tort.

weeks later, the following was done:

2 parts book-cured tobacco flowers

2 parts " " Artemisia vulgaris

1 part Scelly tort

Both were smooth and tasty with the latter providing a sagey aftertaste that was particularly pleasant. Both were quite relaxing after a hard week of work with the former being stronger in effects and longer lasting.

I find sida seeds (crushed but fresh-ish) and lions tail in equal parts (just ripening buds, not older ones, and well cured) makes a good sparkly smoke on the go. Blackberry nightshade leaves and passionflower foliage was an interesting way to get to sleep once or twice. Salvia officinalis and brug with a touch of lemon balm helped a sore throat and the sniffles, in moderation. Aussie vervain and passionflower tends to lay me out for quite a while, but has a bit of a gutsick twinge sometimes (very slight). Skullcap and peppermint is oddly normalising. Cali poppy and argemone had an interestingly racey sedation (if that makes any sense). Sida seed and passionflower in large amounts wasnt a bad short duration meditation mix (if youre into saving time). Brug, tabacum and argemone gum made a mess of a few people, probably fun if youre not much into being vertical :lol:

Watch how much brug/datura you devour over time, it has a cumulative poisoning effect and its not nice to look back and realise youve been warped in the head for two weeks and haven't realised until now, etc... can send ya quite stupid eventually too.Preaching to the choir I know but its easy to forget when most leafy matter won't exactly kill you in a real hurry.

smoke in good health :P

VM

• Like 1

Nice mixes guys! Great to have some input on this thread :)

greendreams, I generally follow up any of my smoking mixes which contain tropanic material with some sort of choline supplementation, whether it be via soya lecithin or pure choline citrate, rebalancing the day after is the key to preventing some issues.

Please keep in mind though, the study of Indian sadhus who suffered cortical stem shrinkage from supposed constant Datura intoxication also ingest a lot of other drugs including cobra venom!

Edited by apothecary