The Corroboree
Quetzalt

Trade/ purchase gone wrong?

everything on SAB is rad except for stuff like this.

yes of course, because psylo said it. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't see why that might be disturbing. It can be so in some places, but I know for sure that Customs here don't go on destroying packages... They would go and knock at your door before doing so. Regarding plants, there is a controlling entity, and all matters that get to custom's attention go through that entity via the recipient. So I am always notifyied and need to do something about it to identify, evaluate and receive the plants.

A package might vanish but not too. As I said I never had such an occurence, so if the statment is true, the problem is at the country of origin.

one thing i read in this thread that i found disturbing is the idea that if customs takes or confiscates a package that they will notify the recipient, this is not true.

Teo. Why would I have to send you and restate my order about 6 times if you keep all emails?

That I don't understand. I'd like to know if anyone here has ever ordered from Teo?

I just want to clarify some customs issues and assumptions.

In australia all seized items will have a letter sent from customs or quarantine to the receiver. Two problems here. Customs can take items for investigation and in this case they do not need to send a letter. This investigation usually takes at least 3 months, but I've had them last up to 12 months. In one case by the time they had concluded the investigation they had also lost the address, so the item was in postal limbo until I tracked it down. Drug investigatiosn can probably go on indefinitely. People who've had RC's taken out of the mailstream may never be informed as customs is simply waiting to see if more arrives.

mail to USA that is seized by customs will usually have a letter sent to the SENDER, not the receiver. This is not 100% reliable either. My guess is that it runs at about 80%. If only a partial shipment is seized then a note is left in the parcel that is being delivered.

Mail to europe is a mess. NW europe is usually OK with the receiver being contacted. Italy, spain and the south eastern states the receiver is sometimes contacted, but usually not a lot of effort is made to ensure this actually happens. eg, addresses on notices are often wrong and there is usually only one notice. And that's with trackable items like EMS or express. I presume with normal mail there is even less care. The idea that custosm would 'come knocking' to establish phytosanitary credentials or to collect customs duty is ridiculous. I don't know how portugal fits into this, but I doubt it would be much better than its neighbours. So yes, the theory of getting a notice is a nice notion and it is probably policy in that country, but whether it actually happens is a different matter. We've pretty much given up shipping to those countries by any method other than trackable or fully insured as a large percentage of items simply never make it.

I have recommended Teotz use USPS PMI as this provides for basic tracking so he can prove that the item was sent, even if it may not be able to locate it. The lesser methods will not provide any proof at all, so this dispute could go on indefinitely.

• Like 1

This Trade gets more cartoonesque every day. :P

You know, we´re talking about europe. Our postal service is pretty much up to date.

post-1140-0-38546700-1317115111_thumb.jp

post-1140-0-38546700-1317115111_thumb.jpg

post-1140-0-38546700-1317115111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius

I'll get it taken care of, everyone just chill.

I'll get it taken care of

Of course you will.

You wouln't want to loose your reputation, huh? :rolleyes:

btw, this is not a TRADE it's a SALE

Whats the status of this, guys? Teotz, if you still werent able to refund, we'll do something about it!

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I remember when teotz still had his email adress attached to his SAB and personal facebook account years ago, befor the bad guys were after him (and befor he threatend them with the authoroties :wink: ) Im pretty sure his a 23 yr old male by now (he looked much younger than that but so do I) so yes teotz I KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE, MWAA HA HA HAAAA!

I remember once after some other members here had been ripping on you hard in your early years I tracked you down and offerd my friendship via facebook I told you I knew who you were on the forums you didnt respond but back then your profile was set to public so id check in from time to time to see what you were REALLY UP TO lol

Edited by lofty86
  • Like 1

I've been waiting... I got an email from him 9 days ago where he says he would be shipping ASAP. I asked him to let me know when he did, but haven't heard from him since.

• Like 1

we'll do something about it!

Your gonna refund him for me? Gee thanks!

• Like 1

Listen Teotz, im sick of this now. You just cant make a sale, take money and not deliver. Not happening. People who charge money need to deliver under any circumstances. If packages get lost on a regular basis, you need to think about registered shipping. You know, selling is another cateogory as a trading. I have sold stuff to international buyers a lot in the past when putting stuff on ebay and sometimes, there were problems with lost packages. In all of those cases, i needed to refund as its the smartest way to deal with it. If you´d have sent it right away, you´d surely wouldnt have had such bad publicity.

You have three weeks to send what he ordered (Registered) or to refund him or i will temporarily suspend your SAB Account until this is done. Friday the 11th, thats the date. Get it Done! bye EG

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 7

If you´d have sent it right away, you´d surely wouldnt have had such bad publicity.

I did. TWICE.

If packages get lost on a regular basis, you need to think about registered shipping.

Never EVER had a problem with 1 other single person.

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

ok suspend me.

These last four years have been nice...

peace.

• Like 1

Your gonna refund him for me? Gee thanks!

ok suspend me.

Your blasé attitude towards this matter is completely disgusting. Where's the follow up from two weeks ago when you said you would sort it out... have you decided against sticking to your word ? Don't be a dog, mate, and sort this shit out with the fellow.

Quetzalt, as a buyer who has been ripped off, it is my understanding that you can create a trading thread for Teotz. The rues of the trading subforum are clear on this:

This forum is for establishing the reputation of traders. A member can start a thread about himself [to establish his credentials] or about someone else [if concerned about the other member's credentials].

• Like 1

ok suspend me.

That's ridiculous. Pay the man his money back, for fucks sake. Your attitude is not helping at all, you can't sell something give the buyer grief and expect everything to be all dandelions. Sort this out man. Now.

• Like 1

ok suspend me.

peace.

Teotz, you've had issues at a lot of other forums, but I always thought SAB was your home and a lot of members here have stuck up for you. Do you really want to burn bridges here? AFAIK there is nothing to indicate that Quetzalt has tried to rip you off or anything, and as the seller, it is your responsibility to sort this out. You have tried sending and it has not gotten through, so refund him his money and cut your losses. As others have said, your attitude is disgusting :puke: . Rather that just sorting it out, or giving a valid reason that you don't think you should, you're just playing the victim and making out that you're being persecuted or something.

I'm really disappointed in you dude :(

• Like 1

Teotz, heres the thing: If you wanna take money like a pro, you need to act like one. Simple as that. Torsten already mentioned the importance of registered shipping and a reliable carrier very oftenly here. I know it is not easy as a commercial seller because you sometimes get blamed for things that werent your fault. I believe you sent it and im sorry for that. Sounds like bad luck on your side. What i dont believe is that you sent it twice, using a registered/insured shipping method everytime without one package showing up. I dont believe it. Personally, im pretty sure that you sent it as an international parcel. Its one of the shipping methods that customers prefer because its cheap but leave you without any proof you actually sent it. If you wanna continue shipping your stuff unregistered, you gotta expect situations like this. Like i said, nobody said its fair because its really possible you sent it twice but as you have no actual proof of that, you need to act professionally here. You know, where i come from, that amount of money is worth a lot. And i would be pretty pissed if i´d pay such an amount without having something in my hands. I was having a few bad trades/deals in my life and one thing i can say you. Not only did i not buy from that person anymore. I also told everyone i knew not to buy from them anymore. Stuff like this works like a snowball principle. I already warned you about this months before and you said you would take care of it. Now act like a man and stand for your word. Just in case nobody ever told you that: Thats part of being a real man. And i cant stress this enough: I have many friends that are in the cactus/plant business and i feel them when they need to pay for something that wasnt their fault. But if you send unregistered, that is to be expected at one point or another. If you ship it with a tracking number, you did your job. If it now disappears again, its the carriers fault and you can hold him accountable for that.

The Reason i decided to suspend you is because of your fucked up attitude. You dont even come across like someone who cares or who actually plans to deliver. You lied to Quezalt that you will ship out any day now but reading your posts, it doesnt sound like that at all. Also you seem to see this as a joke because this issue goes on for months now. Four pages, wtf??? I am sick of this as well of your attitude and i will sure as hell do what i told i would. I for my part am a man who stands for his word.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 6

Suspension seems a little unjust...

Booting off for good seems a more realistic move this time round.

Who else has been given such a long leash? Torsten, surely you arent gonna back teotz this time round? Complete and utter arrogance filters through teotz words there.

Eg, good follow through, man of your word.

• Like 1

Suspension seems a little unjust...

Booting off for good seems a more realistic move this time round.

Who else has been given such a long leash? Torsten, surely you arent gonna back teotz this time round? Complete and utter arrogance filters through teotz words there.

Eg, good follow through, man of your word.

Actually I think Conan Troutman was given a pretty long leash when he was continually saying that "patience is a virtue" and that he would come through. But eventually he just disappeared and people basically realised he wasn't gonna honour his trades. Even though teotz is being undeniably immature and arrogant, at least he's still around, and as long as that is the case we may be able to talk some sense into him. Banning him for good at this stage is not going to get Quetzalt his money back, and I believe that is the most important thing at this stage. As always, people can make up their own minds as to whether they want to trade with him in the future based on what they've read here (and yes, there SHOULD be a trading rep thread about him for the protection of future buyers. It's no good having the trading rep forum if it's only being used to praise people). But in the mean time, let's be diplomatic about this and perhaps teotz will realise what the right thing to do is. :wink:

• Like 1

You have three weeks to send what he ordered (Registered) or to refund him or i will temporarily suspend your SAB Account until this is done. Friday the 11th, thats the date. Get it Done! bye EG

It should be a reminder that Teotz has been given until the 11th to make good on the trade. And rightly so she should be given this time to rectify the situation before being suspended. A deadline was set, and regardless of how much of an arrogant, snide respondant she is being abut it, that was the cut off as defined by the forum moderator.

• Like 1

No support from me this time. I already stated that I thought the responses from teotz did not indicate he had any recollection of this matter until it was brought up here multiple times, so i simply do not believe he would know if he actually sent the item or not. All that wouldn't have mattered if teotz attended to this immediately and sent the item again or refunded. Instead teotz dragged this out again and again wasting everyone else's time.

Teotz, you continually demand to be held to the same standards as everyone else. Well, then act like it. I'd suspend anyone else for ripping members off [the onus is on you to prove that you sent it]. So I am fully backing EG in his deadlien of the 11th. Show the shipping proof or refund.

You can't on one hand rely on our backup and support and on the other not follow through on your responsibilities. And don't bother whining about how you've sent it twice before, cos if you're careless enough to send without obtaining proof TWICE then that's your problem.

• Like 5

It should be a reminder that Teotz has been given until the 11th to make good on the trade.

Absolutely, Psylo. Just in case i was coming across like i want to ban him earlier: I have no joy in temporary suspending Teotz account but i wont accept him acting like that on this forum and thats why the date i set is written in stone. He needs to understand that we dont joke around. We always treated him with respect and personally, i am extremely dissapointed of him. You know, at this point i am mad at myself for backing him that long. I took a lot of critique for doing that and looking at some of the ignorant posts in this thread, i need to admit they kinda had a point.

So Teotz, i still think it would be smart to refund Quezalt but if you feel like acting like a child and sit it out, then thats what you gotta to do. I have written the date in my calendar and if i dont hear anything that makes me happy till that day, i will take you out. Its your choice so dont blame it on anybody else this time! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Why only a temporary suspension? What happens if Teotz still does not refund Quetzalt?

• Like 1

What happens if Teotz still does not refund Quetzalt?

So Teotz, i will take you out. bye Eg

Sounds like EG might be taking Teotz out on a hot date...:wink:

• Like 1