The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
yaguareté

Free spider mite predator

Hi

I have had my more sensitive plants inside over winter in a small greenhouse, unfortunatley spider mites made it in there as well.

Some of the plants dont take to well to being sprayed with pesticides, even organics like neem and pyrethrum.

My solution was to buy some Phytoseiulus persimilis from http://www.goodbugs.org.au/Good%20bugs%20available/persimilis.html

They arrived promptly and seem to be doing a damn fine job. Im fortunate enough to own a compound microscope and its bloody satisfying watching the much larger mites scurrying around feasting on the spidermites and there eggs.

Long story short i have more than i need. They have a short lifespan once there food runs out so if they dont get used they will be dead within a week anyway.

There is enough for me to send some to one person only. First person to express interest IN THIS THREAD gets them.

There are no guarentees they will still be alive, But they seem very alive now. I will express post them tomo morning if possible.

• Like 1

would love them :)

How much would postage be ?

Honestly i dont mind covering it, Its a fairly small package wouldnt be more than a few dollers.

PM me with your details.

yeah they seem to have done the trick. I cant express how awesome it feels to watch them swarm all over the damn spider mites :)

With the naked eye you can just see them scuttling all over the infected plants.

With the microscope you can watch them suck the blood out of them leaving nothing but a withered husk. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2

some eggs of the predator mite, should keep some populations of this usefull creature going.

in a more natural enviroment, predator insects are more arround aswell!

observing predador insects at work is great fun! :) once i saw one of those very small spiders, catching a fungus gnat! and than there are those giant wasp like things, which build little clay chambers everywher, they catche catapillars, and then put's them inside those clay capsule's as a feed for there young!

nice give away, yaguarete! :)

many thanks yaguarete :)

Looking forward to dropping the troops behind enemy lines and watching the warfare in my little microcosm :lol:

i have a red mite infestation on my beautiful flowering double white brug :(

anything apart from these predator mites work for these little bastards...there are literally millions of them on one brug :(

so far repetitive strong cold water blasting is the only thing keeping em at bay